Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
CHI Silk Infusion is a lifesaver!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
I was already posting on the boards this morning about my horrible over processed hair. The first sylist made some mistakes and I had to correct them and the second one left the highlights on too long! My hair felt horrible! soo so dry and just layed there. Actually worse than that. It was sort of bent on the ends. It felt like straw, no kidding, that dry. Since I had it done yesterday, I gave it two moisturizing treaments and still when it dried it felt awful.

But I had just got my CHI straighener in the mail the day before and hadn't used it yet. With it came some samples of the CHI Silk Infusion.

So I applied some to my hair after drying but before the straight iron. OMG! It smoothed my hair out and it feels even softer then before I went through all this with my hair. It has protein in it and silk and helps protect the hair from the heat of the iron which gets incredibly hot.

But I love my hair again! I love it! I was seriously considering extensions because it felt so awful and looked awful.

So I bought a big 6 oz. Even the sample .05 oz will last awhile it works so well.

So if you have damaged hair and like the straight look, try it.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have to second this recommendation! I tried this product and loved it and then did a search on it to see if others liked it and was surprised to see only one comment. I feel the same way about this. My hair was feeling really dry from highlights - I do use potion no. 9 from Sebastian which helps some But this product made my hair feel like it has never felt before. It looks good too! I can hardly believe it! It has no alcohols and silicones. I was given a sample from my stylist and used it twice, loved it, then avoided using it because I thought it was like BioSilk (I think that's what it's called) which ruins your hair. I went to the beauty supply store to get the Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum and the lady steered me towards this. I said I didn't want it because it's hard on your hair and she explained it has no alcohol/silicones and showed me the products that trash your hair. I couldn't be happier with this hair product. I feel like I have new hair!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Had anyone tried this on curly hair, just using it as a treatment and not straightening their hair?
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I don't have curly hair, but I don't use it as a straightener either. I just use it to treat/condition it before I style it.
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, this sounds like it may be just what my dry, color treated hair needs. I was going to repurchase the Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum also, but I think I'll give this a try!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Yes majorb I have, my hair is frizzy and dry and I tried it as a treatment, it didn't make my hair feel better so I stopped using it and the fragrance is quite strong... perhaps I should try it with some heat and see if it feels better.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
It does have a fragrance (which doesn't bother me) but once your hair is done, you don't smell it (at least I don't). I don't know how Dahli used it, but the lady at the store told me to use it on DRY hair which gave me better results than I had with my sample on wet hair. The first time I put it on dry hair I was really worried it would look greasy (it felt that way putting it on, to me) but was amazed that by the time I was done with my hair it didn't look greasy at all, it looked great and felt soft (not crispy/dry like it had before I used it). I find myself touching it a lot during the day because I still can't believe how great it feels. For me, this product is really delivering.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I just purchased this yesterday at the hairdressers,(after hearing many raves about this on other boards as well). Smile Excited to try it!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Lipglossdoll, let us know how you like it!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
It does have a fragrance (which doesn't bother me) but once your hair is done, you don't smell it (at least I don't). I don't know how Dahli used it, but the lady at the store told me to use it on DRY hair which gave me better results than I had with my sample on wet hair. The first time I put it on dry hair I was really worried it would look greasy (it felt that way putting it on, to me) but was amazed that by the time I was done with my hair it didn't look greasy at all, it looked great and felt soft (not crispy/dry like it had before I used it). I find myself touching it a lot during the day because I still can't believe how great it feels. For me, this product is really delivering.

Thanks for your advice, everyone. And thanks for the extra info, charis. Unfortunately, it sounds as though it wouldn't be suitable for me, then, as I don't put anything on my hair when it's dry (apart from a spritz of hairspray). If I mess around with it when it's dry, I spoil my curls and get frizz instead.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Yep - sounds like you have MY hair majorb... Laughing
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Dahli wrote:
Yep - sounds like you have MY hair majorb... Laughing

If you live on the other side of the Atlantic, we must do a time-share hair kind of thing, then. I wear our hair when you're asleep and vice-versa! Laughing
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
I have to second this recommendation! I tried this product and loved it and then did a search on it to see if others liked it and was surprised to see only one comment. I feel the same way about this. My hair was feeling really dry from highlights - I do use potion no. 9 from Sebastian which helps some But this product made my hair feel like it has never felt before. It looks good too! I can hardly believe it! It has no alcohols and silicones. I was given a sample from my stylist and used it twice, loved it, then avoided using it because I thought it was like BioSilk (I think that's what it's called) which ruins your hair. I went to the beauty supply store to get the Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum and the lady steered me towards this. I said I didn't want it because it's hard on your hair and she explained it has no alcohol/silicones and showed me the products that trash your hair. I couldn't be happier with this hair product. I feel like I have new hair!

charis, can you still name the products that the lady warned you away from because they ruin your hair? It would be great to know at least some of them.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Melanie, they were products like BioSilk(?) and others that to be honest I didn't pay attention to the names of, but they main point is they contain silcone and alcohol and dry your hair out. I learned this I believe from a post from Carecate and that was why I went looking for Paul Mitchell's Skinny Serum (rec'd by Carecate) to avoid this problem. If you do a search on Biosilk or Paul Mitchell's Skinny Serum you could probably find the post by Carecate that explains the problem with a lot of the products, it's really good and informative.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Charis, I saw several of those threads, and therefore was interested in whatever it was that lady had to tell you. Thank you so much for this recommendation anyway!

Just to be clear, this lady did also give her OK on the Skinny Serum, right?
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Melanie, she didn't say anything was wrong with the skinny serum, she just said I should try this instead, so I gave it a shot (and love it!). I haven't tried the skinny serum so I can't compare them.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi, so far so good, I use this prior to my straightening iron, makes my hair very smooth!
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh - that's hilarious majorb... can you work on finding 'us' a decent haircut?

I sent this home with my daughter tonight as her hair is totally different than mine and she might just love it. She's very excited and will let me know how it worked for her - it sounds like a wonderful product for those lucky ones without 'our' hair. Smile
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I am still excited about this product. My husband has been out of town for a bit and came back today and immediately commented how good my hair looked! This is the only change, and he usually doesn't notice ANYTHING!!! I love this product!
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I am still excited about learning about it from you! (haven't bought it yet, but eventually...)
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Dahli wrote:
Oh my gosh - that's hilarious majorb... can you work on finding 'us' a decent haircut?

I think we may have more chance of going out for dinner with the Loch Ness Monster or dancing with Yetis, I'm sad to say. Crying or Very sad Wink
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Oh dear major I believe you're right about that Sad

But on a happier note my daughter loves this on her hair! She says it literally feels like silk! so there ya go... she did say she probably couldn't wear it to her office as the scent is quite noticeable and she gets in trouble for (as she calls it) smelling too good Laughing
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Dahli wrote:
she did say she probably couldn't wear it to her office as the scent is quite noticeable and she gets in trouble for (as she calls it) smelling too good Laughing

Wow! I'm imagining one of those perfume/aftershave adverts, where they have to fight off admirers with karate moves. Laughing
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
HA! No it's more like a gal in the same office has allergies which are quite severe so my DD shouldn't wear anything with a strongish scent to work. But since she looooves all things 'Lush' she often smells quite 'good' LOL.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used this product prior to blow drying hair or is it only for use with a straightening iron?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |