Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Hello Smile I finally caved in and bought one! I have question though, do I use it am and pm? (I usually OCM at night).

Help with the routine pls Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Either or is fine depending on what you need, but I wouldn't do both everyday. Pick AM or PM. I love their cleansing cream too. Exfoliating yet not abrasive so it can be used daily.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I use it only pm daily because I don't have enough time for the rolling in the am. Smile
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I use in the AM
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I find my skin loves its both AM and PM. Especially after I have used a gel cleanser in the evening, it is good to replenish some oils with the CC. My skin is remarkably more greasy if I don't use the CC after cleansing.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
i only use it in the winter, in the pm.
goldie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I believe that DR H recommends using it AM and PM for acne, so that's how I'm using it. I have been doing that for two weeks and it's working great!
loulan
5% products discount

Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I use it PM and AM although I don't have large pore or acne. I just love the bright skin after applying.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone experience purging with this cleanser?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I braced myself for purging after I read all the posts about it here at EDS, but miraculously, I dind't experience any purging at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I am so tempted (as usual). I should go to Whole Foods to get a sample size to satisfy my curiosity. Smile Thanks for the feedback Liz.
goldie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I was worried about the purging as well, but I haven't experienced any either.
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't noticed any purging either, but I've been using the RNC, too.

Everyone says not to rub the CC over your face, but I think the rolling action is kind of harsh, too. I'm pressing/fingerprinting almond grains into my skin. I don't like the feeling.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Please let me know if this is ok:
I OCM'ed to remove sunblock, then DHCC then ACV Smile

It says that DHCC is not a makeup/sunblock remover, so I thought of still doing my OCM to remove my sunblock...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I use the cleansing cream in the morning and in the evening. I have experienced some "purdging" but I can't say that it has been an unpleasant experience. I mostly just wake up in the mornign with one or 2 new small whiteheads. They are great evidence that the cream in working.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just got a small tube of the cleansing cream. I can't visualize the "rolling". Can someone explain it to me? Thanks!
erinR
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
The way I do it is to press the cream into my face with wet hands and my palms create a small suction. Although I can never be sure if I am doign these things correctly ;<)
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Erin, that was what I originally thought too. I guess I will have to try and see. Laughing
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Once a day for me - usually morning.
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I was able to get a sample tube of the Dr. H Cleansing Cream recently and it made my face break out after the first try. I cleansed my face with my regular facial wash, then used the DHCC (using the recommended press-and-roll method). After I washed it off (and even after I used my Dr. H. toner sample) it felt like I had a layer of grease on my face. I was hoping it would just sink in and moisturize my skin, but unfortunately it left me with clogged pores and caused breakouts. Yuck! I've been using Carekate's Super Sonic Aspirin Mask every day along with some good skin care products, and my pores were NOT clogged, so I don't think my skin was "purging"--I think the stuff clogged my pores and caused some acne where my skin WAS clear. Well, once was enough for me. Now I have to try and restore my skin to the before-DHCC state. I don't have time (or the courage) for these counter-productive problems, so I'm not going to "tough it out" and see what happens with repeated use. Mad

[Different products work for different people. I so wanted to LOVE it, but I'm glad I got a sample instead of wasting my $ on a product that ended up in the garbage!]
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
I know the very first time I tried it I wasn't nuts about it - I found that my face felt greasy after use. I skimmed through some reviews and read that one reader still used her regular face wash with DHCC, so I decided to try the same. I use DHCC before my regular face wash (Thalgo) and I find I am much happier using it that way and my face feels (and looks!) much better.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've used it 3 nights now, so far now purging Smile I like the smooth feeling after! Smile Not too crazy about the smell yet. I try to leave it on for 1 minute, I experienced very mind tingling (could be my imagination) :)How much is PEA SIZE? I feel like it's almost like a mask at night, which I love Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I only use it at night, I prefer foaming cleansers in the morning. But I even use a gentle foaming cleanser after the CC at night, because I don't like the greasy feel either. But I'm also not sure if I'm using the correct "rolling" techique, I got a Dr H pamphlet once that had pictures of the correct cleansing technique but I lost it so I'm not quite sure if my method is actually correct?!
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Yes, please someone post a link to the video of how to "roll" with DrHCC! Smile

Will this help "reduce" large pores?

5% products discount

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I went through 2 tubes of the CC, and I wasn't ecstatic enough to finish the second one! Firstly, I also experienced the greasy feeling no matter how much i tried to get it all off. Second it says you have to do the rolling action (deep cleanse) for at least 5 minutes? Well, sue me if i'm impatient, but after about 30 seconds, my skin felt like it was undergoing sandpapering, it was quite harsh even though I tried to go as gently as possible.

I don't have sensitive skin, but I've been told it's on the thin side. I found Dermalogica's Microfoliant a gentler alternative that's just as effective.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |