Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: REVIEW: KOSE Whitening Mask (Black)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote

I recently got this from Japan. I really like using it for the Tzone. (nose area) It sticks really really well to the skin, thus some people complain it is quite painful to remove. But I like using it in Nose T zone area. It also removes small facial hairs which I do not mind at all Smile It'd black and gooeey then you have to peel it off. I usually follow this with a toner Smile

Any body use it? Smile

INGREDIENTS: Water(aqu), Polyvinyl alcohol, alcohol, ascorbyl glucoside, ppg-10 methyl glucose ether, titanium/titanium dioxide, angelica acultiloba root extract, artemisia capillaris flower extract, coix lacryma jobi (job's tears) seed extract, copis japonica root extract, paeonia suffroticosa root extract, bentonite, butylene glycol, citric acid, diethylhexyl sodium sulfocuccinate, dipropylene glycol, disodium phosphate, polyglyceryl-10 laurate, polyglyceryl 10 pentoleate, silica, sodium hydroxide, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, fragrance

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I also have this mask.

I think it's so painful to use Laughing but I also love using it around the nose area because I can really see those dirty stuff come off since the mask is black. But then . . i dont think I will buy it again after I finish the tube coz it's too painful for me Very Happy
mocha
5% products discount

Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried this mask before, but I don't really like it as it doesn't clean well nor have very effective whitening effect. I didn't repurchase after I've finished the tube.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I tried a sample of this mask last week...and after all the mess....it didnt work at all Sad
little cat
5% products discount

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like this mask..I have difficulty to take it off....so painful...it took me 1-2 min to take off cos I need to take rest in the middle... Crying or Very sad
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi joziegrozy, i just finished my tube of kose mask this week. i have to warn my mom before using it cause it scares her so bad when she seems me wearing it Laughing if you like this, you should definitely try DHC peel-off pack, it's much stronger and pulls a lot more gunk out and is a lot cheaper on the pocket--about $9. let me warn you though--it's much more painful than the kose mask, but less painful than a biore strip!
matilda

Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
i've used this mask several times over the past two months. particularly after being in the sun more than i like. it's whitening effects were subtle yet effective after using it several times.

not too painful for me.

i love the other kose products as well.
mk
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
i finished a tube of this just last week.

despite the packaging saying that the mask would need about twenty minutes to dry, i found that it needed a lot longer. if i waited until the mask was completely dry, then it came off quite well.

i was quite sick for a few weeks. my skin consequently was dry and flaky. i found this mask was great in lifting off the dead flaky skin. i followed with a deep moisturising marine mask by borghese, and my skin was super smooth after.

however, it did not remove congestion as it promised, and did pull out a lot of fine hairs. the other thing was, i had to be very careful when applying around the hair line, as it was very difficut to get it out of my hair at the end of the treatment. i did not notice a whitening effect, and that is not why i was using this product.

compared to my normal exfoliation routine (jurlique face wash cream daily, and decleor clay and herbal mask weekly, biore nose strip every now and again) i would say this did ok. i prefer the fresh look my skin has after the decleor mask and the gentler approach, but if you like to inspect a peel off mask to see the dead skin you have successfuly removed, then the kose mask is the one for you. i can however understand that some would find it painful.

hope this helps.
whitedewy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
i don't really like this mask. makes my skin feels a bit dry.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I used this about two years ago. So painful....You can see the dirty stuff peeled off, but you will also find your pores grow bigger. And it doesn't help with whitening.

I never buy it again!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
not that one but i am using KOSE Q10 whitening mask. like it very much except the paper mask size doesnt fit my face very well.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I've tried this mask before as well. It was okay. I liked how it actually really seemed to take the gunk out of my pores - like a face-sized biore nose strip... however, I did think it was a bit harsh and irritating to the skin so I used up what I had and didn't buy anymore.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
not that one but i am using KOSE Q10 whitening mask. like it very much except the paper mask size doesnt fit my face very well.

I also use this line, like it! Especialy White Essence Mask. Very reasonable price! Very comfortable
whitedewy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
it's a clean mask but not a whitening mask
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
jacque wrote:
gracedhy wrote:

I also use this line, like it! Especialy White Essence Mask. Very reasonable price! Very comfortable

yes but it is not available in north america, i bought it on ebay.
pickiis
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Dont like this at all, in fact one of the worst peel off mask i've used. Not only is it hard to remove, i can see black dots stuck in my pores after i peeled it off, they r not blackheads, but the mask itself. yes and i did let the mask dried completely b4 i peeled.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:09 am      Reply with quote
I used to use this on my t zone. However after I started using AHA/BHA and peels regularly, I have no need for this anymore. Now I have 1 or 2 full size tubes of this sitting in my closet sigh.
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:42 am      Reply with quote
This being one of the very first *black* peel off mask in the market, I off course fell for the marketing ploy and tried it. I still use it on and off but prefer Givenchy's Black to White peel off mask which is softer on and gentler to the skin. Also experienced a definite, more brighter skin tone than the Kose one ever gave. Biotherm's black peel off mask isn't too bad too but for the cleanest feel, I must say that Kose's the best for that. I hardly use it anymore but my lil sis likes it for it's deep cleansing effect.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I had it a year ago and I didnt like it Sad It's such a painful to use but it's good to use on the nose area. I ended up give it to my friend Very Happy
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this before, and I liked it, it seemed to take out the gunk in some clogged pores though I agree it was messy and a bit painful to remove. I haven't repurchased a tube yet though. I might in the future if I see it and have the cash to spare.
Carzie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I doesn't work on me either... it's a bit painful to use too.
vani
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I had it when it just launched and it didn't work for me either!

It did have immediate effect though.

Wouldn't recommend it.
dulaiduwangdezhu
5% products discount

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I don't really like this one...
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I think this mask is too "strong " to my skin Exclamation

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
it doesn't has much of whitening effect

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |