Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Hockeyville: Smithers is in the Top-5
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Guess what, everyone?
Smithers, BC is now amongst the Top-5 contestants in the Kraft Hockeyville contest!! The final five competing Canadian communities were announced on the show last night, and I believe the winner is announced on Monday, June 12th. Voting closes Sunday, June 11, 2006 at 4:00 p.m. (ET). Take time to watch their videos, and maybe some of the others. I like Airdrie, Alberta's too Smile

http://www.cbchockeyville.ca/vote/

So, I have to ask all of you to vote, vote, vote again!! Use all of your e-mail addresses (up to five times per e-mail address), and let's all help my former hometown win the well-deserved title of Hockeyville! There is also a toll-free telephone number which you may submit your votes (up to five times per telephone number), on top of your e-mail votes. I know that it won't work internationally, but it might work from the U.S. `Can't hurt to try! The number is:

1-888-459-2006

Again, thank you everyone who's helped-out. It means a lot to me, and I'll be sure to let you know who wins on Monday night!
Very Happy

Photos of the Town:

http://www.tourismsmithers.com/hockeyville/photos/

Article From Smithers Newspaper

SMITHERS IS HOCKEYVILLE TOP 5
Jun 09 2006
By Todd Hamilton

Smithers needs Canada's vote now.

Some 450 communities across the nation applied to become known as Canada's "Hockeyville." Now there are only five left in the CBC competition, including a little-known northwestern B.C. community called Smithers.

After surviving the cut for the Top 50, the Top 25 and then named to the Top 10 tonight (Friday), Smithers outlasted all other Pacific Region competitors and was the judges' selection to the Top 5 in the nation.

Smithers will now go head-to-head with Falher and Airdrie, Alberta; Barry's Bay, Ontario and Salmon River, Nova Scotia for the title.

The title will come down to a national vote by phone and internet over the next 40 hours concluding at 4 p.m. EST. or 12 PDT on Sunday.

To vote, click the red icon at the left called: "Vote Smithers Hockeyville" and follow the prompts by selecting Smithers in the Pacific Region.

Five votes are allowed per e-mail address.

The winner will be announced on CBC at 4 p.m. on Sunday.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I've been curious how this went. I'm gonna start voting right now!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats for making it this far! That's great Smile
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:59 am      Reply with quote
bumping it so more people see it in time Very Happy
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:43 am      Reply with quote
Just voted with all my email accounts. Fingers crossed for Smithers, BC! Very Happy
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Just voted!!!

Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Bummed: Smithers didn't win. Salmon River, NS was voted as "Hockeyville" last night. Congrats to them, but I seriously thought that Smithers or Airdrie, AB would win. Funny: the guy who's contributed most of the money & time into Salmon River's rink ... has it attached to his house, and can watch games from his kitchen!

I'm glad that all remaining finalists were from small communities. Certainly, there were great enteries from all over Canada, from large and small cities & towns. Unless a person has ever lived in a small town, a person has no concept of how life in a small town is. As small towns generally don't have a lot of other "entertainment" options, winters tend to revolve around their local arenas with minor hockey, figure skating, the curling rink, cross-country skiing, and if they're lucky, down-hill skiing. Everybody pitches-in, and does fund-raising for their kids' teams or orginizations such as figure skating. Small communities don't have the population nor the tax bases to support the organizations, improve facilities, etc . The money just isn't there, and it usually comes by donations from the public & fundraising. Large centres (i.e. Peterborough, Prince George, Kingston) ... they have a bigger tax base, universities, and ... junior hockey/NHL farm teams, which bring in a lot of bucks. The Hockeyville contest was to illustrate community spirit, and the efforts that people go to in these communities to support one another - for the love of the game and their city/towns (no matter how small the population is).

Canuck ladies: if you saw the show, you could clearly see the passion and incredible amount of work that all of the finalists had for the game & their communities. Jeez, the guy from Airdrie, Alberta was in tears, as he was so proud of his town, for their work & for having come so-far. That really touched my heart, and I could relate to the pride he felt. I liked their slogan too, "Airdrie, Alberta: Where No One Sits on the Bench". Cool.

Nobody was a loser in that competition, as far as I'm concerned. It really brought communities together, and the four runners up also received $10,000 in new equipment for their kids, etc. What a great way for Kraft and the CBC to inspire towns and cities across Canada to come-together and feel passion for their communities, in the spirit of our national game
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Aw, that's too bad, but at least Smithers got the 10K. That's awesome. As I voted with both email address I imagined the people of these towns voting all day long with every email address of every acquaintance they've ever met. I know that's what I would have been doing if it were my hometown.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
That's a shame - still, at least they got some great equipment out of the whole thing!
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats on being a runner up! Even that's a great accomplishment Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |