Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Decleor Wonders of Nature Soothing Skincare Set (3 items) Peter Thomas Roth Blemish Buster Treatment Kit (5 items) Skin Biology Protect & Restore Body Lotion (226.8 g / 8 oz)
Vitamin E oil - totally broke out!

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pele
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I went out and bought some Vitamin E oil in order to put over some of my acne scars. The next day I had COMPLETELY broken out, and of course all in the areas I had put the oil.

Has this happened to anyone else before?
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Don't worry pele I had exactly the same problem! I've tried vitamin e oil, bio-oil, palmer's scar serum & rosehip oil...just to name a few Rolling Eyes for my acne scars & all of them gave me bad breakouts Sad I also didn't see any improvement in my scars, but I guess I couldn't really use the products for a long enough time because they give me breakouts.
laine
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry to hear about your breakout. I've used Vit E for years and never broke out even though I'm prone to acne. Make sure your it is 100% vit e and has no other ingredients.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Anyone prone to acne should NEVER use Rosehip Oil. Just thought I would mention that.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard about this stuff being amazing for the skin directly from the capsule. I have used it under my eyes before without any problems. I have considered putting it on my face just because I've heard its good but never got around to it. I'm acne prone when it comes to putting products on my skin so thanks for the heads up. I won't be trying this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Anyone prone to acne should NEVER use Rosehip Oil. Just thought I would mention that.

I beg to differ on this post. I suffered from acne and organic rosehip oil was one of my few saving graces. It helped renourish and rebalance my skin and was extremely effective at healing the blemishes and scars as well as rebuilding and regenerating new healthy skin. In fact I have professionally suggested it to many former clients who suffered from mild to moderate acne, rosacea, eczema and psoriasis with great results. I feel it is one of the best facial and skincare oils out there. That being said, I do believe that it may not work for everyone, the majority yes, but there are always exceptions to this rule. Also, many companies selling rosehip oil aren't actually selling pure or organic rosehip oil and instead are lacing it with other oils such as grapeseed, jojoba or almond which cause more adverse reactions in people so buyers beware. Become educated and research the company from which you are buying.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Aubrey's Rose Hip Oil and I believe it contributed to break outs. Some people are just really sensitive to them. It is warned in every place that I've read about rosehip oil that it's not recomended for acne prone people, but it can work for some people.

Helichrysum oil will work on scars and it is actually good for acne as well and fights both. It is an essential oil and needs to be diluted in a base, hazelnut oil would probably be good for that.
pele
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
The Vitamin E oil I used was pure. Now I'm wondering from that reaction what by reaction to be to the OCM? I'm scared to try it now. I was thinking of just trying it on my chin....

But, interestingly, I put it on my stretch marks on my thigh and absolutely no break out or rash or anything. My poor face! Sad

I feel like, every time I try to do something new or help my skin, it just rebels.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

StriVectin Anti-Wrinkle Duo (2 items) Sothys Secrets Smoothing Body Balm (150 ml / 5.07 floz) Bremenn Rosacea Redness Rehab (30 ml / 1 floz)