Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

cosmetic train case
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone use a cosmetic train case (hard case that latches closed and has fold out trays inside)? I've been eyeballing them at Sephora for some time. They're really neat b/c they even have adjustable dividing tabs.
here's an example: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P76701&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=S5000

Is there a good brand that is recommended? Perhaps there is something out there of good value but is economical?...

TIA.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have one, but I'd love to get one too. The one I was thinking about was the Midnight Train Case from Sephora. I like that it opens evenly on both sides. I think the link you sent shows that one opening more on the one side? I'd worry that it might tip over more easily because it's not as centred when it's open.

BTW ... I was in Houston this past week for training and FINALLY got to go to a real Sephora store! I was so excited. I'd only ever ordered from them online since we don't have a store here yet, so that was alot of fun. Very Happy
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine off eBay. I think I paid a total of $35 or so...including shipping.

Its not as nice as Sephora's but it serves its purpose.

It opens up the same way, and has 2 trays on either side.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi amnis, last time I was in the States I was planning to purchase a train case, I thoung both the MAC and Sephora were slightly over priced for what the were.
Target, Walgreens and Walmart all had train cases which were practically the same as the Sephora ones, I think the average prices were $20

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Check out this site ... I might be tempted to order one from here rather than Sephora (looks similar and it cheaper) ...
www.yazmo.com

The one I like it only $59 compared to the $90 one at Sephora and it looks like it's slightly larger too. I wonder if the quality would be as good?
46andlookinggood

Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I recently bought a Travelon train case on QVC. With taxes and shipping was about $29.00.
They are microfiber on the outside (which is removable for cleaning) and they have the flip out trays on the inside. I LOVE mine. Has a strap that will attach to luggage, or can be carried with shoulder strap. I got the lime color, but they have a lot of other colors as well. Just go to QVC and look under Travelon. I think it's the best deal I've found, and I looked for a long time.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Hi amnis, last time I was in the States I was planning to purchase a train case, I thoung both the MAC and Sephora were slightly over priced for what the were.
Target, Walgreens and Walmart all had train cases which were practically the same as the Sephora ones, I think the average prices were $20

Yeah... well, I've looked at the cases at Walmart and Target so far and they are much lower quality than Sephora (at least the ones that I physically examined). They aren't as sturdy and their interiors are kinda crappy and they don't have adjustable tabs like Sephora's. Overall I wasn't impressed and thought when looking at them that you get what you pay for in this situation.

How do MAC's cases compare to Sephora's? Aren't Sephora's cheaper?

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
Check out this site ... I might be tempted to order one from here rather than Sephora (looks similar and it cheaper) ...
www.yazmo.com

The one I like it only $59 compared to the $90 one at Sephora and it looks like it's slightly larger too. I wonder if the quality would be as good?

I wonder about the quality too...

amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
In looking at the posts on this thread I realized that my reply that I wrote a few days ago to this post wasn't up. Something must have gone wrong with my connection (I must have thought I submitted it but it didn't go through).

Moonstarr wrote:
I don't have one, but I'd love to get one too. The one I was thinking about was the Midnight Train Case from Sephora. I like that it opens evenly on both sides. I think the link you sent shows that one opening more on the one side? I'd worry that it might tip over more easily because it's not as centred when it's open.

BTW ... I was in Houston this past week for training and FINALLY got to go to a real Sephora store! I was so excited. I'd only ever ordered from them online since we don't have a store here yet, so that was alot of fun. Very Happy

Anyway, what I meant to reply was....

I was also wondering about the symmetry of trays in terms of them tipping over but when I checked out the train cases at Sephora (the store), the one that opens to one side wasn't too bad... I opened this demo model up and placed it on the floor (the largest and smoothest surface I could find in the vicinity). When the case was fully opened I tapped the top tray a few times to test the tippy-ness and it took a lot of force to cause it to tip even a little bit and it really didn't seem to want to tip fully over. It's like there is a counterweight (possibly the side clasps?) on it to counter act the one sided set up. I think given that the trays are so shallow I can't imagine that a person would have anything heavy enough in them to tip it over.

Also, I thought I would like the one that has the trays that open up equally but when I opened it up I noticed that I would probably get annoyed by the inaccessibility of the base ... it seemed like it would be harder to get into that area than the case that has trays that fold out to one side.

When I first went into a Sephora store I was like a kid in a toy store.... oh wait, I'm still like that EVERY time I go there. Wink Amazing, isn't it though?... To see SO much skin care stuff in one place?

puglove wrote:
I got mine off eBay. I think I paid a total of $35 or so...including shipping.

Its not as nice as Sephora's but it serves its purpose.

It opens up the same way, and has 2 trays on either side.

By "not as nice" how do you mean?

Do you find that the base tray is easy to get to after the trays have been totally extended out?

Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
Also, I thought I would like the one that has the trays that open up equally but when I opened it up I noticed that I would probably get annoyed by the inaccessibility of the base ... it seemed like it would be harder to get into that area than the case that has trays that fold out to one side.either side.

That's good to know! I never thought about the accessability thing ... for getting into the bottom. I wish I would have check them out myself when I was there. I'm undecided now!
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've just bought one from HQ Hair (in the UK) by a company called Japonesque. I actually bought it as a jewellrey box, and it's fab!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |