Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anything natural to get rid of toenail fungus?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have lately noticed one of my big toes has a very thick nail, with thick skin growing underneath the nail. I am assuming this is toenail fungus? Is there anything that I can use to wipe this out?
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
If you're looking for something natural I suggest using a combination blend of tea tree, niaouli and lavender oils which are antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal. You can apply the blend with a cotton swap to get underneath the nail as much as possible or you can give yourself a foot bath with warm water, and sea salts mixed with the oil blend. To prevent further fungus you might want to try a daily spritz of tea tree hydrosol to keep the bacteria at bay. Make sure the oils are organic as many essential oils come from plants sprayed with pesticides and insecticides. Also go with a reputable EO company as many oils themselves now are being "stretched" and laced with synthetic oils and fragrances or other EOs which will change the chemical constituents and thus the therapeutic value. Usually the price will be a tell tale give away. If it's cheap and too good to be true, than it is. My favourite line of Essential Oils is the Primavera line but my professional kit also includes oils from my local supplier Acqua Vita or The Aromatherapist line which are also very good.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard that vicks vapor rub works to kill fungus. However I've never tried it, just run across the info in the past. I tried googling it for you and lots comes up. Just google vicks and toenail fungus, lots should come up. Honestly wildflower's advice sounds better and more sound, but if you happen to have some vicks (which most do) its worth a shot to try that as well. Granted it'll probably take awhile, its not an instant overnight thing, lots of people swear by it. HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard that some people swear by Vicks as a treatment. My hubby cured his by rubbing vinegar into the area and then applying tea tree oil. It took about 6 months of treatment twice a day, but his fungus totally disappeared.
jilllpa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Just soak feet in apple cider vinegar for about 30 minutes per day. Or mix apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil and brush on the nails 2x per day. This has worked for myself and my father.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all the tips everyone. I will check them all out!
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Pau d'arco and coconut oil. Unless you got infected by touching something recently, it's usually a sign of internal fungus, candida growth, so you'll probably want to take things internally too.
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am a dancer and I suffered from wearing tight shoes under "sweaty conditions" for long periods of time. I tried everything OTC--tea tree oil--you name it. Finally, I read online that vinegar creates an acetic environment which prevents fungus growth. I promise you, put vinegar in an eye dropper and drop it along the cuticle every night and every morning! Thic cured a 3-year old condition in weeks!! I saw improvement in just a few days and then kept at it religiously. I love my toes , now! I used to hate to look down in the Summer becuase my toe was so ugly! Please try it and let me know, OK? Because I truly think it was a miracle!
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
hollywood- did you use white vinegar or apple cider vinegar?
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
jilllpa wrote:
Just soak feet in apple cider vinegar for about 30 minutes per day. Or mix apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil and brush on the nails 2x per day. This has worked for myself and my father.

yes this is a very good tip..but 30 mintues seems too long though.. I do it 15 minutes

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I just used white vinegar! Cheap!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I am going to try the white vinegar first. Thanks for the tips!
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
My hubby is currently using white vinegar and soaking his toes twice a day, then follows up with tea tree oil. He used to use tea tree oil alone and it didn't work. He's been doing this new routine religiously for about 2 months and his nails are growing in healthy, but it is taking a long time.
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I have received an e-mail lately about a whole bunch of tips, and one of them was about using Listerine to cure toe nail fungus.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
a friend of mine's wife had some sort of foot fungus a while back...she was directed to soak her feet in a foot bath with apple cider vinegar.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I concur with the white vinegar suggestion!
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
also once you get the hang of soaking in vinegar always wash your feet when you take a shower with soap. I use irish springs with aloe.. works pretty well. and change socks at least once a day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Wow! Wow! DH has been following his routine religiously twice a day. It's been about 2 months now. I just found out that he has had this toenail fungus for 15 years! As diligent as I know he is, when he says nothing else has worked you can be sure he gave it a good effort. I am triply amazed by this. Nothing else has worked. Now his big nail is 1/2 clear and continues to grow out slow and healthy. Very Happy
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Try Oil of Oregano. If you look it up in Google you will see that it has a potent antimicrobial/fungal ingredient called Carvacol. It is a stronger natural antibiotic than tea tree oil. My SO has used it with great success for his athlete's foot. HTH!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I've been doing the vinegar soak thing for a couple of months now on one finger and can confirm it's working really well.

However .... those with sensitive skin might want to be careful about soaking too long, too often, as in my enthusiasm I may have overdone it and have developed what appears to be contact dermatitis on that finger. After using for two months with no problem, one night last week I removed my finger from the vinegar and the entire finger was bright red and burning!! And, my skin is super tough, never had a rash or reaction to ANYTHING before.

I've continued to apply vinegar to the actual nail with a Q-tip, rather than soaking, and the redness has gone away, but the skin on that finger still looks horrible and rough.
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:36 am      Reply with quote
appletini,
Thanks for the update. I was wondering if this would work. My SO has toe fungus, but doesn't want to take the pills because of the possible liver damage. I'm going to make him try this.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I have lately noticed one of my big toes has a very thick nail, with thick skin growing underneath the nail. I am assuming this is toenail fungus? Is there anything that I can use to wipe this out?

you know what rileygirl? i have the same thing and i don't think it's fungus. i ruined my second big toe on my feet (i guess it would be the "index" toes) by wearing this awful shoes for awhile, and i noticed my toe nail growing with a gap now between the skin. my aunt has the same thing. i don't know what it's called, i should probably google it up and see if it's fixable. i expect it would be a surgical procedure...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for these tips. My husband hasn't known what to try, and I'm so glad to be able to give him some options now. You people are a wealth of information!
MAC8
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I have been using manuka oil on my nails, as I suspected fungus also. I also switched to food-based vitamins (MegaFood multi and bone essentials) and my nails have been growing madly. They are now hard, strong and won't quit, all from a peeling, flaky, splitting mess as of 1 month ago.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |