Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Dermalogica Pre-cleanse
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
vivienwon
5% products discount

Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
OK, a review from a super-sensitive skinned user:
My girlfriend just got her first bottle of Pre-cleanse from EDS and i'm helping her do this review.

According to her, the Pre-cleanse thoroughly removes ALL traces of makeup with one wash, including her stubborn eye-liner! She used to get acne breakouts after each makeup removal session (cos she has really sensitive skin), and the Pre-cleanse totally vanquished that. Plus it doesn't strip the moisture from the skin and this is really really important cos she used to come to work with a peeling face after she removes makeup the night before! (i can attest to this cos Lisa's face is like a fire hazard after each wash)

How it works: the kukui & olive oils slide on DRY (unwashed) skin and it warms up as you massage the stuff in. There's hardly any lather till you add some water which creates this milky emulsion that I guess traps all that gunk from your face. Once you're done scrubbing off the makeup, you take it all off with water and that's it! She swears it all comes off. *But you've gotta follow with your normal cleanser after this.

I'm not sure how it's worked for combination skins, I tried oil cleansers like Dior's before, but i somehow can't get used to it...battling oily skin kinda makes slathering on more oil feel a little disturbing...
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dermalogica Precleanse (150 ml / 5.1 oz)
Dermalogica Precleanse (150 ml / 5.1 oz)

Deep-cleansing oil melts impurities and make-up from skin. Achieve ultra clean and healthy-looking skin with the Double Cleanse regimen that begins with PreCleanse. Thoroughly melt away layers of excess sebum (oil), sunscreen, waterproof makeup, environmental pollutants and residual products that build up on skin throughout the day with skin fortifying Borage Seed, Kukui and Apricot oils.

TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
vivienwon welcome to the forum!!

Thanks for the review, I have very sensitive skin and this is on my list of products to try. It is reassuring to hear that it works so well for your super-sensitive skinned friend.

BTW I have oily/dehydrated skin and love using cleansing oils. The ones I have tried (Shiseido and Kanebo) rinse clean and while I do use another cleanser afterwards I really think that these cleansing oils alone leave my skin feeling clean!
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I am in love with this product and it is lasting me ages! It even gets rid of my Kiss Me Mascara!!!
kamarjor
5% products discount

Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I use the pre cleanse too. I love it. It is great for removing all traces of make-up. Then I feel like my cleanser is really doing it's job. It is well worth the price.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
I love it too! Best makeup remover i have ever tried!
Algae
5% products discount

Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I am so in LOVE with this product! I have absolutely dry and sensitive skin, and no make-up remover has worked well for me thus far. They all strip my skin and leaves it feeling really tight and uncomfortable.

I got this product even before my spa centre! I rave about it to my skin therapists and they are looking forward to receiving the products. Thank the heavens for EDS Very Happy
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:11 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample and tried it out. After I used it with the Special Cleansing Gel my pores were SMALLER AND CLEANER, I didn't notice the usual dirt/oil from my WHOLE DAY of makeup. However I don't see the same effect when I use my normal cleansing gel (the SCG was also a sample). I still plan to buy Pre-cleanse and now I will also buy a new gel cleanser! Laughing
SCG dries me out, planning to buy the Yonka gel cleanser in my next order!
skinlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I used the pre-cleanse twice, but I don't like it all that much. Maybe I need to give it another chance Embarassed Both times it got in my eyes and stung. Plus I think this product might be good if you wear heavier make-up or water proof???
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
skinlove wrote:
I used the pre-cleanse twice, but I don't like it all that much. Maybe I need to give it another chance Embarassed Both times it got in my eyes and stung. Plus I think this product might be good if you wear heavier make-up or water proof???

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I agree with you ... at first when I bought it I thought it could replace my eye makeup remover AND take off any other makeup. But it just seemed to get into my eyes too much and make them feel all "cloudy". I like the smell and it does seem to remove makeup, but I think I could get the same results from washing 2x with the Special Cleansing Gel (which I do like). So I don't THINK I'll repurchase it, but you never know! Smile
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:47 am      Reply with quote
I still like special cleansing gel better.(I had combination skin oily in T zone, but very sensitive).
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
hi,
I'm currently trialing this. I noticed my skin was getting that bumpy congesetd look despite me using regular exfoliaters, cleansing twice etc. I figured something I was using either in a face cream/makeup was not coming off thorougly.

you apply this on dry skin with dry hands a bit like you are using the OCM but you then wet your hands to emulsify the oil & dirt, give that a rinse then use your regular cleanser. I thought I was going to hate it as it does feel oily, my other conern was over stripping the skin but that hasn't happened either. It is doing a great job on the open pores/blackheads round my nose.

So far so good. I'm using once a day when I come home from work with a face full of make up and dirt Very Happy will report back after another week or so to see if the bumps on my cheeks are going.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I use it only to remove eye makeup. Love it because it removes makeup without major rubbing of eye area. It removes EVERYTHING! I've had crazy heavy eyemakeup on and it removed everything, including layers of shiseido mascara base (which never comes off) and 4 layers of other mascaras (hey, I had to look extra good that day lol). Definitely recommend to make up wearers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have this, I dont find I need another cleanser afterwards..this removes it completely. I dont like it around the eyes,it kinda stung.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Precleanse does cause cloudiness and stinging of the eye. However, if you keep your eyes closed through the whole procedure, you can avoid the unpleasantness. Don't worry that your makeup hasn't come off yet because it definitely comes off easily!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I love it for removing sunscreen, but I do follow with another cleanser after it.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I was reading the thread on PH levels and was wondering if anyone knows the PH level of the Precleanse? Ta Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to try this but I'm scared! I used to really love using Babor's cleansing oils, but found I started to develop a lot of skin congestion, even though I switched to the oily/combination skin type. Thought about using the Dermalogica pre-cleanse, but I wonder if anyone can provide a comparison between the two products, or advise if the pre-cleanse has made anyone's combination skin congest?
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have combo skin and very prone to clogged pores. I use this with no problems. It removes the day's makeup and dirt very easily. I have to say that I use another cleanser and my Clarisonic brush after this, as i'm paranoid about residue. I haven't used this alone for cleansing. It is a great makeup remover though, especially for waterproof eye makeup.
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks dollbird, I think I'll give it a try, then. Smile
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:00 am      Reply with quote
is it like a scrub?
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:24 am      Reply with quote
No, it's an oil that you massage into your skin to remove dirt and debris, and when water is added, it emulsifies and rinses off.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
l just got my sample ,l will try soon .

thank for information,cause l think it was a scrub or gel Laughing
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
skinlove wrote:

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I agree with you ... at first when I bought it I thought it could replace my eye makeup remover AND take off any other makeup. But it just seemed to get into my eyes too much and make them feel all "cloudy". I like the smell and it does seem to remove makeup, but I think I could get the same results from washing 2x with the Special Cleansing Gel (which I do like). So I don't THINK I'll repurchase it, but you never know! Smile

My eyes practically cloud up if I just "look" at any oilbased eye makeup remover product...I might try this when i run out of my MAC cleansing oil but there is no way that I'd put that stuff around my eyes - I'd look like a blowfish the next morning and probably end up will milia galore!
Pudoodles
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Although pre-cleanse is being compared to OCM, but I think it is a much lighter version of OCM. The oil is almost runny. When I drop some onto my palm, it is not very viscous and I would describe it as 'thin' as water but it's oily! And yes, you would definitely need to use your normal cleanser after it.

And it dissolves makeup and sunscreen REALLy well, pretty much immediately. The only thing that takes longer is waterproof mascara. I put some on my lashes and then go over the rest of my face. By the time I come back to the lashes, most of the mascara should be dissolved in the oil. If it's not, I use my fingers and brush downwards on the lashes and that usually takes care of the rest of it.

I am loving this pre-cleanse, because it is more natural and gentle on your skin then most makeup removers. I also trust that it takes off everything! Because it is so light, it hasn't caused any congested pores. If anything, it should help to clean out your pores.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Maybe it's just me but I don't get cloudiness at all when I use this over my eyes. No stinging either. It takes of all my eye makeup whether I have loads on or not. A lot of the times I will open my eyes after oiling up the area to take off eye makeup (I don't use eye makeup remover anymore since I don't need to) to make sure I didn't miss a spot on my face - no cloudiness for me.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |