Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dry and Sensitive Skin-ners UNITE!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Algae
5% products discount

Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!

I bet there are tonnes of people out there with dry and sensitive skin. Premature ageing is the bane of my life, together with peeling skin and a tight feel after washing my face.

I would LOVE to know how others take care of their sensitive and/or dry skin! I use the following Dermalogica products:
Ultra-calming cleanser, barrier repair, skin hydrating masque, gentle soothing booster, ultra-sensitive face block, multivitamin power recovery masque, skin smoothing cream (in the morning), super rich repair (at night), total eye care (in morning), multivitamin power firm for lips and eyes (at night), daily microfoliant (twice a week), and lastly medicated clearing gel for the chin to prevent the appearance of acne.

I wonder if this is the "best" combination, and I still get feelings of tightness on my skin now and then. I'm also getting milia..... Sad Help!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Algae! Welcome to the forum! If you browse around for a bit, I'm sure you'll find lots of useful info--- lots of people here suffer the same problems that you have. I have VERY sensitive skin, and in the winter time it gets very dry too, so I feel your pain.

I have never used an dermatologica products, but if your skin is still feeling tight, I think you should probably make some adjustments. Here my suggestions: First, a big step toward getting soft skin is using the right cleanser. I would HIGHLY recommend either Beauty Without Cruelty's Herbal Cleansing Cream, PSF's Green Tea Cleanser, Dr. Haushcka's Cleansing Milk, or DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil. Using any one of those and then following up with Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Cream will not only help with those pesky clogged pores, but it will make your skin very soft.

Next, if acne is a problem, the ONLY acne fighter I've found that is not drying at all is Juice Beauty's Blemish serum. It's also good for sensitive skin.

Finally, for an extra moisture boost, you can't go wrong with PSF's Moisture Mask and the Body Shops's Vitamin E face spray.

HTH!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Welcome Algae! I've sampled some Dermalogica products but the only one I've truly liked is the Microfoliant but only for occasional use. Otherwise it's too drying.

Right now I'm loving Burts Bees Orange Essence cleanser. I look forward to using it every pm and if my skin is extra dry/sensitive, I'll use it in the morning too. My skin doesn't feel tight or dry afterwards and I don't need a heavy moisturiser afterwards. Normally I use DHCC in the am unless I'm running late. PSF Green Tea cleanser is also a nice one, I've only got a sample but may buy a full-size later.

For moisturiser I usually use Toleriane Fluid but have recently been trying straight argan oil and that's been working out well. No irritation or breakouts.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hello

Welcome to the board. I am another skincare addict with dry, sensitive skin. I have only tried dermalogica microfoliant and it was too drying for me. The other dermalogica products are too full of either 'cones or essential oils for my skin Sad

I was using either LRP toleriane cream or avene trixera as my moisturizer and a non-foaming, fragrance-free cleanser at night only. I only use a warm washcloth in the am.

Right now I am experimenting with various organic oils to see it can help with my dry skin.

Good luck in finding something that work for you.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |