Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. Denese SPF 30 Defense Day Cream????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
has anybody tried it? Need some feedback.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I am waiting for a jar of this to arrive at my doorstep - I ordered it from QVC. Dr Denese talks a good talk (it isn't that I'm gullible & want to believe everything I hear Neutral but actually I'm gullable & want to believe everything I hear)). I'm having a rotten time finding a sunscreen that my face will be happy with. If it isn't the sheen, it's the look of skin that has gone silver and although none have ever broken me out, I can't WAIT to get it all off because I feel almost claustrophobic (which I might add has nothing Rolling Eyes to do with this transitional time of my life).
I'm looking forward to any and all comments on this product. It gets good reviews on MUA.
ProductMan
5% products discount

Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Dr. Denese SPF 30 Day Cream for about 6 months. I enjoy the light texture and matte finish, and the sunscreen is truly effective. As a man, it's important that the tint look natural and blend in, which it does. I recently repurchased it in the 4-ounce size. It's definitely a keeper for me.
alexthegirl
5% products discount

Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:21 am      Reply with quote
I have mixed feelings about this.

I'm 32 and look pretty young thanks to genetics and an * spam alert * to skincare. But I do have sensitive, reactive skin. Generally clear and in good shape unless something negative gets on it.

Sunscreens are hard for me because I'm pale and they can often give too white a tone or they break me out. And the speel on this sounded great.

First, it did give really nice coverage/colour which surprised me because like I said, I am pale and this stuff is orange. It went on fine, gave me a nice matte look and I was really hopeful about it.

But then I started to break out a little from it (when I stopped, the bumps stopped). And also, when I'd wear this, there was a "film" that stayed on top. It was kind of strange.

If you go to makeupalley dot com and read some reviews there, you'll see there's a lot of expriences like mine. But the colour/coverage was great, but the feel and what it did to my skin was not.

I'd say try it and see how your skin reacts. If you don't like it you can, like me, send it back.
havana8

Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely love it and have just re-ordered the 4oz jar. The slight colour gave my skin that little extra something and sometimes I didn't even need to wear any MM.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:42 am      Reply with quote
I've been searching for the right sunscreen for my oily skin & I think that I have found it in Dr Denese's SPF 30 Smile . It really is matte & the colour is just right - just minimal. (I had actually stayed away from it because it was tinted.) I have medium colouring leaning towards the fair side & generally don't use a foundation but I'm very happy with the light coverage this product provides. I would definitely recommend it!
ProductMan
5% products discount

Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
RuthMarion, I'm glad you received and like the Dr. Denese SPF 30 Day Cream as much as I do. She really believes in the matte finish and nailed it with this product.
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
It made my face sting so I discontinued. It has something in it that I'm not sure is a chemical or not (oxinate? sp?). I use it on my neck and it's fine for that.
jilllpa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Denese spf 30 is the best!!!! I can only say try it! Feels like silk.
You can always return it at qcv.com if you puurchase it here.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I am very BAD about wearing a sunscreen. An SPF of 15 is in the AlphaDerma I use but lately I have been thinking I need more. I purchased Dr. Denese's Day Cream. It is gorgeous!!!! One of the reasons I have not used a sunscreen is I hate layering. For me Dr. Denese's Daily Defense Day Cream is a moisturizer, makeup and sun protection. I have a medium tone skin with pink undertones. The color in this cream is perfect for me. From my understanding it adjust to any skintone. It smooths out slight imperfections with a matt finish. I purchased on EBay for half the price at QVC. The expiration date is 2008 and it was new and sealed. I am very happy.

Quote:
Description:

The Defense Day SPF 30 Day Cream is a concentrated, truly unique oil-free SPF 30 broad spectrum UVA and UVB protector. It contains Zinc Oxide, the most effective sun protecting ingredient not often used due to its inability to rub in leaving a unnatural white tint. Dr. Denese micronised this so that it rubs in well. Due to the introduction of melanin, a natural pigment found in our skin, the SPF 30 will blend into most all skin tones from pale to ebony.

This product is highly concentrated! A very little goes a long way just as with all of Dr. Denese's products.

LeeBee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely love this sunscreen and wear it every day. Great matte finish for such a high SPF.The only 30 spf sunscreen that I have tried that disappears into the skin. I have had no bad reactions to it. Definitely a winner!
Silverbunny

Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Dr Denese daycream after I've done one of Julie's TCA peels. It moisturizes a little, but doesn't accentuate my cracked, ugly skin...after 3-4 days I go back to this plus my Alima MMU which I like to mix with my regular moisturizer.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
what type of skin is it suitable for? cos i should really be wearing a sunscreen now that the sun has finally come out!
LilLoco
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have slightly dry skin, and it works for me. At first I really didn't like it. It was much thicker than I was expecting, and I'm more used to my daytime moisturizer/sunscreen being more fluid-like than paste-like.

I started wearing it when I go for hikes on Sunday mornings, and now I really like it! The color blends nicely into my coloring (according to Dr. Denese, she uses the same pigment found in skin, so it can match anyone from light to dark), and it gives me a little something even when I'm not made up. I definitely believe I will repurchase when I'm done with my first jar!
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
anyone have ingr. list? TIA

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Active ingredients are a physical sunscreen (7.5% zinc oxide) and a chemical sunscreen (7.5% octinoxate).

There's a HUGE list of inactive ingredients, but the top five are: cyclomethicone, water, dimethicone, polysilicone II, and glyceryl behenate. And again, the pigment is melanin (the natural pigment in skin).

As I understand it, the product was reformulated to add more silicones (water used to be the first ingredient), so there may be other jars out there with the older formulation.

HTH!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |