Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Cetaphil-------vs-------Aveeno Body Lotion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm using Aveeno Body Lotion and very happy with it. It is not greasy, absorbs really quick, moisturize well, and doesn't have any smell.

I heard a very good reviews about Cetaphil cleanser, but I want to try Cetaphil body lotion. Is it any good, comparing to Aveeno?
Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I used to use Aveeno but I've since switched over to Cetaphil (in the giant pump dispenser) because I can use it much more sparingly than the other and it's a much better deal for the amount of product you get. I also like to think there's fewer chemicals and yuckies in it, but that's probably not true. lol.

Cetaphil lotion puts a TON of moisture into your skin and your skin will feel incredibly soft once it soaks in. You can use it on your face and/or your body. It feels like, well, like weird water when you're putting it on.

Warning: unless you want to glisten (a lot) don't put this on your face during the daytime.

Cetaphil lotion is my insta-fix when my skin is utterly parched, but nice for any time. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I have used both and I still love aveeno for my body. Cetephil takes a while to soak in and I'm impatient. I always keep cetephil handy becuase I use it on my face sometimes when I need major moisture.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone also used Curel unscented? How would you compare the Aveeno and Cetaphil to the Curel?

Curel is my HG body moisturizer but I am curious as to how these others would compare to it.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I have used Curel and I did remember liking it. I think it is a lot like aveeno but the aveeno I use soaks in faster and i feel like it moisturizes better. I use the one for dry itchy skin.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Curel, didn't like the texsture, and also I got allergic reaction on Curel Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't like Curel either. I would prefer Cetaphil over Curel, but my all time favourite lotion would have to be Nutriderm. I can't find that anywhere now. It's by the same manufacturer as Cetaphil. Nutriderm made my skin so silky. It was gentle enough that my dermatologist recommended it as a moisturizer for my face.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
ive used cetaphil lotion for years...i tried aveeno once and from what i remember it contained fragrance which made my skin rash like. i was trying a new face moisturizer for awhile and recently had to go back to cetaphil lotion because i like how soft it makes my skin feel.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
i've used aveeno for years... for about as long as i can remember.

i really like it, the original formulation doesn't have and never had fragrance. at somepoint they came out with a "refreshing one" or something (in a blue bottle) that had other stuff like menthol in it. and that one gave me ALL kinds of problems before i figured out what happened.

a lotion that i've added to my arsonal is Glaxal Base. that one may actually be gaining on the aveeno.

it absorbs MUCH faster, but i'm not sure if it lasts as long.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I just saw commercial on TV for Cetaphil, they said that it is safe to use on the face and eye area Shock . Has anyone use it as an eye cream?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
it's safe enough for the eyes. I used the cream at night and lotion during the day since I was 15 and i always made sure to moisturize my eyes too. my eyes look really youthful and rested...not sure i can thank having a nice moisturizer for many years..but i do think this stuff has saved my skin from extreme dryness..its nice its good for sensitive skin too!

5% products discount

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have very sensitive skin but I also use Tazorac for my keratosis pilaris so I need a very moisturizing lotion that isn't filled with fragrance, etc. For most of this year I've been using Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream and I reeally liked it. However, when I came back from school i had to use Aveeno Body lotion at home and I have to say that I really like it as well. I think Aveeno lasts longer but Cetaphil moisturizes it more. So if you don't have that dry of skin, Aveeno is fine. But Cetaphil (and more oftenly applied) would be better for dry skin.. at least for me!
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
I just saw commercial on TV for Cetaphil, they said that it is safe to use on the face and eye area Shock . Has anyone use it as an eye cream?

Just started trying it last night, actually. lol.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |