Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Perm?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
DiverChick
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I'm lazy, I admit it.

I have long, straight hair, but it has little volume. I do, however, have some large steam rollers that add just enough curl to give it great body.

Can you get this in a perm? I don't want that real tight, curly/wavy look, just some extra body with large curls if that makes sense.

ANyone have an idea?
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I dont think you can get a perm for those big curls (to get the wavy look). I wanted this look too and went to the hair stylist. She said that in order to achieve that look I have to get a tight perm and then just wait til it wears off (duh!!!!!).
But maybe you should go to your hair stylist for a consultation. Maybe my hair stylist just did not really know what she was talking about.
Another thing that you might want to do is to get a perm on inner partitions of your hair. Then you can have your straight hair on top of it (I hope this makes sense. Sometimes I dont really explain things very well in writing). So your hair will have some volume but it will still looks straight. My mom actually did this to her hair coz she wanted some volume. It actually looked okay. SHe got the volume that she wanted without having the tight curls.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I always want my hair the way it looks in hot rollers and my stylest told me he can't. I got a perm because its okay once it loosens up, and I use the medium rods anyway so its not tight. I also found that if you have a perm, you can straight iron it and its seems sooo much thicker. I have fine thin hair and I find that perming it helps. I only do it about once a year and its kinda nice being able to have straight hair one day and curly the next. I just do whatevers easier though.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
There's a perm called and ISOPerm that is supposed to be just soft waves and it lasts like 24 shampoos or something.

Also, Eufora has a perm that is supposed to be lovely for soft wavy hair - it's aloe vera based, and doesn't have that perm "smell".

My hair is short and thin. I was thinking of trying one of those for the summer the next time I see my stylist.

They carry both perms.

Let me see if I can find a link. Hold on a sec.

Maria Laughing

http://isohair.com/looks/

I think that's it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
Also, Eufora has a perm that is supposed to be lovely for soft wavy hair - it's aloe vera based, and doesn't have that perm "smell".

Just a word of caution about Eufora conditioner, which might be recommended after the perm. Please see this thread. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13224&highlight=eufora

Otherwise, I love Eufora and still use several products except the conditioner.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:42 am      Reply with quote
My friend got a perm recently and her hair seems to be just wavy but with GREAT body, she looks so much prettier after her perm. I'm sure it can be done but make sure that's what you tell your hairstylist. Also if you ended up with a perm with tight curls just brush your hair a lot and it'll go wavy very quickly!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
DiverChick, I totally know what you mean. I have the same kind of hair as you and have wondered about the same thing for years. I have always been reluctant though b/c I don't want to dry out my hair by perming it.

I didn't realize there existed a perm that lasts for so many shampoos. I thought they all were what they are- permanent. Laughing

I actually have a concentration of kinky curly hairs back on the crown of my head. My stylist says that it is about 15% curly and 85% straight. But I also have them intermittently around my head. He said that some people can grow a combination of hair shapes. I always wondered why my hair looks frizzy when I leave it down and let it air dry after washing it.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |