Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Is MAC Makeup bad for skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
As long as you use cleanser remover make up thoroughly, I don't think make up will cause your skin to get worse.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I try not to use their foundations and concealers because they feel very thick and don't let the skin breathe.
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have allergic skin and I use MAC and I have not had any problems. Although I only use the concealer.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:11 am      Reply with quote
I love their eye shadows, best color lipsticks I´ve ever found! and their brushes very good quality. I also love their blush, like paint or something like that, I had it a long time ago, but now I´m stuck with a lot of Estee Lauder cream blush and Clarins which are really good too. I just think the MAC one was fun, like paint and looked more natural. For lipstick, I think NARS don´t have as great colors but last longer.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:14 am      Reply with quote
I love their eye shadows, best color lipsticks I´ve ever found! and their brushes very good quality. I also love their blush, like paint or something like that, I had it a long time ago, but now I´m stuck with a lot of Estee Lauder cream blush and Clarins which are really good too. I just think the MAC one was fun, like paint and looked more natural. For lipstick, I think NARS don´t have as great colors but last longer on you. I jusst bought a beautiful NARS color and I only applied once and can last on me the whole day, not same exact vibrancy all day, but look so natural. Not like all others that only last a couple of hours if lucky Embarassed
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I still use MAC but have my MakeUp Forever products have been taking over my daily routine. Especially for the special occasions. Kim Kardashian loves the HD Foundation and I do too. It is a very nice liine and makeup artists are really starting to convert over to that line.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:29 am      Reply with quote
All make up contains harsh chemicals that is not good for the skin, not only mac. some brands of Lipsticks have lead which are suppose to make the color last longer on the lips. I know a girl who applies heavy eye make up and unfortunately it got into her eyes and cause her eye infection. Just got to be careful.
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I never use this brand
tlc0471
5% products discount

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using MAC for years and have never really had a problem. It really comes down to personal skin type.

I especially like their eyeshadows, liner, cream blush and lip glosses.

They used to have a very sheer SPF 15 tint that wes great, but it has since been discontinued. Crying or Very sad While I have tried to replace with a few of their other foundations, I have yet to fall in love with anything.
rhea
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Any make-up will damage the skin, completely remover enough.
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 6:27 am      Reply with quote
My sister in law introduced me to MAC many years ago and while I still love their eye shadows and lip glasses, the foundations never really worked for me. While my porcelain skinned sister in law uses their pressed powders beautifully, I found that they seemed to settle into my fine lines making them more pronounced (I'm 9 years older than my sil).
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Tina wrote:
I still use MAC but have my MakeUp Forever products have been taking over my daily routine. Especially for the special occasions. Kim Kardashian loves the HD Foundation and I do too. It is a very nice liine and makeup artists are really starting to convert over to that line.

I actually like MUFE- exept their Face and Body liquid makeup makes my face itchy after a while and can not use inthe eye area as it burns my eyes.
But it is good for humid weather...I'm just trying to use up t he last of my bottle and them going to try mineral makeup after that.

I don't really buy the argument of the companies like Mac,Estee Lauder and all those brands at the counters...most of those companies are owned by one of two bigger companies.

Estee Lauder owns Mac, Aveda and a bunch others, and then there is another big group- Loreal maybe?
I usedto know who owned what and have been so disapointed when Aveda was sold toEstee Lauder, and taken out of the store I used to buy it from.
Aveda used to be really cheap then and just hair products.

Ifall those big companies get ingredients fom a lot of th same places and stuff is made at the same orsimilar places, then I thing the ingredients would be decent...

Now I'm not so sure about the super cheapmakeuplike ELF, dollar store stuff
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |