Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
detox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have exams all this week and I have been doing nothing but eating bad for the past 2 and a half weeks. I noticed I gained 15 pounds just from eating junk and studying my butt off. I normally eat really good and exercise everyday so what kind of eating plan can I do for a week or two to get all the bad stuff out of my system?
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I think there are detox pills - Wild Rose I believe they're called.

My friend's mom always put her (my friend) on a detox every time she came back from university. It consisted of eating Chinese vegtables, these muffins (which had no sugar or wheat in them .... made fully of grains) and no sugar/booze/etc. She would be on this for 4 weeks. I know she was not a fan of this detox.

I challenged myself not to eat sugar (refined) for 2 weeks. That was the extent to my detox attempt. It was pretty challenging at first, but at the end of the 2 weeks, I'd lost some weight (5 pounds) and felt really good.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, some whole grains, lean meats, and drink TONS of water!

Lay off salt, fats, sugar and alcohol and esp. anything fried, potatoe chips included! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Apple Cider Vinegar is said help detox the liver & kidneys. You can put 2 tablespoons in a liter of water and sip on it through out the day. You should notice a difference in 2-3 days.
I opt for the Apple Cider Pills. I take 1-2 with my lunch for a couple of days whenever I'm feeling sluggish. I also cut out all salt and sugar. I focus on eating fresh fruit and vegetables, and whole grain, high fiber breads and rice.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Whenever I need to detox I go on a fast or a fruit juice/vegetable juice fast. Drinking water with lots of lemon and some honey helps, too. Three days would be enough and it really clears up skin!!
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I was considering doing a professional colonic irrigation and sticking with a raw diet for a week or two.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I took the daily detox pills from Genuine Health for over a month and I felt great. Smile

http://www.genuinehealth.com/english/pbn/index.php?id=41&section=191
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Follow the Okinawa diet and then develop an active plan, such as running everyday in conjunction with this Smile It's funny, because I call the phases after my binges (which is really not binging at all, and just me being paranoid ) "detox" as well. Ha!

Flush out your system with lots of fruit, vegetables and water. Stick with the whole grains. Stray from processed stuff.
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
The Lemonade Diet is a detox. I did it and lost 6 pounds or so in four days. I can't do all 10 days so far though.

Seewww.therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm andwww.falconblanco.com/health/cleansing/lemoncleanse.htm
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:35 am      Reply with quote
I did a detox a while ago. It really helped clear out the system, made me feel better and I lost a few lbs! Thinking of doing one again soon. The idea is to eat and do everything on the list. But never go hungry (fill up on fruit, veg, ricecakes if hungry) Its hard work and you feel like you are doing nothing but detoxing but its really worth a go for. Do it for at least 3 days or up to 31 days!!

Food:
Start the day with hot water/lemon/honey
multivitamin
kelp supplement
1 1/2 litres of mineral or filtered water
1 portion of brown rice
3 portions of veg
2 portions of fruit (one can be a juice)
2 portions of either Goats/sheeps/soya -cheese,yog
red grapes
Oily fish every 3 days
1 portion nuts/seeds
herbal teas

Do the following:
Dry skin brush every day
turn the shower onto cold every day
exfoliate body every 3 days
massage a different part of your body every day eg: one calves and feet, one day thighs, etc
moisturise every day

You can eat all types of fish, and most fruit and veg but avoid, banana's, tomatoes, eggs, avocados, oranges (satsumas are ok), salt, sugar. And try to eat as much of your food as poss raw or steamed, avoid frying anything!!

I think that is about it. I hope I haven't scared you!! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |