Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Eyebrow Transplants? Why bother? ROGAINE!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Why would anyone go through the pain and expense of that procedure when you can use GENERIC rogaine ($12 bottle for 3 months worth)and get amazing results! I had thin , light and sparse eyebrows my whole life and now after 3 months of Rogaine and using the 1000 hrs tint, i have thick brows that I actually have to comb! They are filled in and I don't need pencil AT ALL. I can't believe that this has been around so long and I never thought of this before! Someone on another board suggested it and it has changed my life. I had to wear FULL make up to compensate for the eyebrows I had to draw on before. Now I can go out with mascara (very little of that thanks to Jan Marini) powder bronzer and lip gloss. AND I can have my brows professionally waxed now. There was nothing to wax before. I just plucked the 4 or 5 extra hairs I had around my brows. lol!

So anyone considering such a radical procedure, don't do it. Please try this first.
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Where did you get this "magic potion", my dear? I've overplucked over the years and lost brows permanently because of it Crying or Very sad and could really use this. I never considered trying it because of the cost.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I've always been told Rogaine and like products only work if you have somehow lost the thickness in your brows due to over plucking, etc. I was told if you always had thin sparse brows it would do nothing for you because it can't change the follicles, but I guess you've proved that wrong. I will pick some up this week and try it on my lifelong wimpy brows.
Janna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Question for Wenrwdy about your homemade hair serum..... Have you tried it on your eyelashes? If it works for your hair, then wouldn't it work for your eyelashes too? Now that I think about it...wouldn't your serum work for your brows too?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Well, I as I said, I never had brows, ever. and this has worked well for me. BUT I'm told, I'll always have to use it to even maintain.

I get the generic brand at Walmart. Sells for 1 bottle $12. Going on 3rd month with it. took 2 months for them to totally fill in.

Janna, my hair serum has sulphur and oils that cause some tingling to help with circulation so I do not want that near my lashes.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Oh! I also used Retin A on them for about 4 weeks of this 3 month process to get hair to grow as it causes those light hairs on your face to grow ya know? Well, when you use the eyelash tint on your brows (dark brown ONLY) those little hairs show up and you have even THICKER brows get it?

Look it up, Retin A PLUS rogaine is used for growing hair.

Hey, I have a pic I took almost 3 months ago of my brows and I'll dig that up and take another AFTER shot and post it here ok?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Before Rogaine- 3 Months ago

Before shot of both eyebrows-

After about 3 months of using Rogaine and occasionally Retin A AND tinting with 1000 hrs eyelash tint

After pic of each brow:

phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
WOW! Big difference! I can't wait to try this myself.
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yes--Wow! Big difference! It's off to WalMart!
BTW--It's great that you show us your before and after pics. Seeing is truly believing!
rayofsun
5% products discount

Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
How do you use the Rogaine? I have never used it, it is in liquir form, right? Do you just apply with a cottonball? Thank you!!!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Wenrwdy, your brows look great, it really softens your face, very pretty. Very Happy Im guessing you put this on at night? TIA!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Oh good lord..now I must go and buy this too. Now is it the regular rogaine I see on the shelves at walgreens?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Am I the only one who can't see the pictures? I at first thought that it was my connection, since I wasn't at home. But now that I am, the pic's aren't showing up. My eyebrows aren't as sparse as they used to be, but I still 'shade' them in in the mornings. I bought(sp?) Ardell and used that on my lashes and brows, and that's what had helped. However, it'd be great to be able to not worry about drawing on my eyebrows every morning (and making sure they look the same Embarassed) . So, do you just put it on with a brush (just like you would apply ardell)? Either way, I'm happy you've gotten great results from this stuff! Very Happy
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Just use a Q-tip to apply it every night. I do skip nights here and there and they maintain their look.

I'm not kidding though, what makes the dif is the tinting b/c it makse little hairs that were too light to show up and it appears as if you have more.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:21 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
what makes the dif is the tinting b/c it makse little hairs that were too light to show up and it appears as if you have more.

Good point. I guess I should first tint my brows and lashes 'before' I decide to buy the rogaine stuff (maybe I've got more than I think! Laughing ). Wenrwdy, since you used 1000hour lash tint, have you found a secure enough site to order it off of? Or did you just google it and figured to trust any site that popped up? Also, you used the dark brown? Just making sure Very Happy .

Oh, and thanks for fixing the pic's! Your brows look soso good. Your before is sort of like mine now, except that mine have grown in a bit more than that. Either way, I still pencil in.... Neutral
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Okay went to Target and bought the Rogaine last night, I felt REALLY weird buying hair loss product when I have more than a full set of hair Laughing

Used it last night and this morning. I actually also applied it to my eyelashes which I'll be doing during the day and then at night applying the JM serum, maybe it'll give it a umph.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:

Used it last night and this morning. I actually also applied it to my eyelashes which I'll be doing during the day and then at night applying the JM serum, maybe it'll give it a umph.

Is it safe to use it on eyes? Does it sting? I have an unopened bottle that I bought 2 years ago.. can I still use it? Probably will give it a shot on my eyerbrows first.
rayofsun
5% products discount

Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Could someone please tell me how strong the Rogaine should be? There are 2 different strengths sold with same active ingredient: Minoxidil 2% (for women) and 5% (for men). What strength have you used and got results? Thank you.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
rayofsun wrote:
Could someone please tell me how strong the Rogaine should be? There are 2 different strengths sold with same active ingredient: Minoxidil 2% (for women) and 5% (for men). What strength have you used and got results? Thank you.

I PMed Wendy while back asked her did she use Rogaine for men or for women. She told me FOR MEN. I was so attempted to buy it but on Rogaine for men it printed "not for women". I've been playing put it in basket and put it back on shelf few times. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Rogaine for men it printed "not for women". I've been playing put it in basket and put it back on shelf few times. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Sounds like something I would do Very Happy . I wonder why the formulations are different for men and women. Anyone? It is hair afterall. The 'not for women' would kind of spook me( I guess I get freaked out easily).
rayofsun
5% products discount

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
girldelvov wrote:
MACrisis wrote:
Rogaine for men it printed "not for women". I've been playing put it in basket and put it back on shelf few times. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Sounds like something I would do Very Happy . I wonder why the formulations are different for men and women. Anyone? It is hair afterall. The 'not for women' would kind of spook me( I guess I get freaked out easily).

In terms of the active ingredients the only difference I saw was that the women's Rogaine is 2% and men's is 5%. So just different strenghts. But now when I think about it, maybe there is something in the inactive ingredients that would be harmful for women in terms of fertility for example. Or maybe the active ingredient is too strong and harmful for women. Hmmmm... I bought the one for women but was going to take it back and get the stronger one. I don't know what to do now. Would the weaker one even work...? hmm
rayofsun
5% products discount

Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I checked the ingredients and the inactive ones are both the same. And men's regular strenght is also 2%, only the extra strenght one is 5%. So what is the difference between men's and women's? Seems to me like nothing. So why the warning?
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone!

Great minds think alike - I've been wondering the same thing too and was going to post the question when Rayofsun beat me to it!

MACrisis wrote:

I PMed Wendy while back asked her did she use Rogaine for men or for women. She told me FOR MEN. I was so attempted to buy it but on Rogaine for men it printed "not for women". I've been playing put it in basket and put it back on shelf few times. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I did that too, MACrisis! Laughing

Now that we know there's also a men's 2% (thanks, Rayofsun!), we need to know from Wendy what percent she used. She might have used the men's regular strength, which is 2% like the women's, instead of the men's extra strength.

But the Wal-mart I went to only had the men's extra strength, not regular, and the women's 2% version.

Maybe someone can ask their pharmacist? (I'll try if I have a chance - the one at Wal-mart was clueless!)
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Shoot, I bought the womens with the scent..LOL

Goofygal,

It doesn't really sting, I'll take like an fine tipped brush (cosmetic brushe) dip it in the Rogaine and take the excess off and just glide it along the lashline. I then hurry and wave my hand back and forth to dry it out quickly. There's literally just an instant that it stings, not because I get it in the eye, but rather because of the ingredients that are in the Rogaine. It's like chopping onions and tearing up, but not that extreme at all. I just fan out the eye quickly and it's fine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I went to Sam's club today and checked the wording on the box again.

My bad, the one said "Not to be used on women" Was not Rogaine, it was Sam's brand, I think it's called Member's...... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Took Rogaine for women and put it back AGAIN because I saw a print "Do not use on other body parts" Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Too chicken.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |