Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Eyebrow Transplants? Why bother? ROGAINE!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LoathingFoundation
5% products discount

Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
WOW!!! i love this board! i am a LONG time skinny brow chic and i'm gonna try this ASAP... i'm off to walmart as soon as i place my order for my skin stuff
rayofsun
5% products discount

Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Great minds think alike - I've been wondering the same thing too and was going to post the question when Rayofsun beat me to it!

MACrisis wrote:

I PMed Wendy while back asked her did she use Rogaine for men or for women. She told me FOR MEN. I was so attempted to buy it but on Rogaine for men it printed "not for women". I've been playing put it in basket and put it back on shelf few times. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I did that too, MACrisis! Laughing

Now that we know there's also a men's 2% (thanks, Rayofsun!), we need to know from Wendy what percent she used. She might have used the men's regular strength, which is 2% like the women's, instead of the men's extra strength.

But the Wal-mart I went to only had the men's extra strength, not regular, and the women's 2% version.

Maybe someone can ask their pharmacist? (I'll try if I have a chance - the one at Wal-mart was clueless!)

I PMed wenrwdy@aol.com and asked what % did she use and I will let you all know when she replies. I am so anxious to use it but I don't want to open my 2% package in case I have to take it back and exhange for the 5%.
MACrisis, I wouldn't worry about the warning about other body parts. I mean, it gets into your bloodstream anyway, no matter on what body part you are using it on. I think it is just like a standard warning. People here are using ear dorps as toothe whitener Laughing I would not worry about using Rogaine on eyebrows. I went to Rogaine website and it does say under the men's Rogaine that do not use it if you are a woman. Very strange, since the ingredients are exactly the same.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to share, in case you didn't know, because I bloody didn't Laughing , that in some countries Rogaine is called Regaine.

I bought the 2% strength, because that's all they had (the box doesn't even say if it's for men or women!)

I started with it last night, but I just got my Retin-A today so I'm going to do both tonight. SO looking forward to throwing away my eyebrow pencils!

I'm just wondering - the instructions say to apply twice a day, so do you think we could fill in the brows with makeup while waiting for the brows to grow if we are also using it in the morning? (I can't ever, EVER go out without filling in my brows - they're that sparse.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies, I use the men's 5% and know of someone who has used the same for YEARS and no problems. I would not however use this all over my head. Don't feel it is a problem on just the brows. Also, once your brow grow in, you only need it once a day to maintain.

and don't forget the 1000 hrs eyelash tint (BROWN) for your brows. (There is a entire thread on this stuff) THAT made them thicker b/c the Retin a made some really thin fuzzy hairs grow that you cannot see w/o tinting them. But after tinting...Viola! It is all filled in naturally as if you used a pencil.

Now when I do my make up a little more dramatic, I use a brown powder to really shape them. Have not used the pencil in MONTHS!

Good luck!!

Wendy

PS. Try calling the 800 number on the bottle if there is one or use the net to find a contact number to ask someone the burning question of WHY women cannot use men's rogaine. I still think it is ok for such a small area like the brows. But post if you do get an answer.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Shoot,

I bought the womens one that's only 2%, now I have to get the mens now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
"Treatment must be continued indefinitely. If minoxidil is discontinued, any hair that has been maintained or regrown as a result of the medication will be lost.... Side effects — Minoxidil causes few side effects. Occasionally, the skin may become irritated. Systemic side effects are possible if minoxidil is absorbed through cracks or cuts in the scalp. Patients with a history of heart disease, in particular, should watch for systemic side effects such as an increased heart rate, edema or swelling (for example in the hands or feet), or weight gain. Four percent of women treated with 5 percent minoxidil develop increased facial hair." fromwww.uptodate.com

"Do NOT use Rogaine if you are pregnant or nursing. Do NOT exceed a total daily dose of 2ml of Rogaine unless directed by your physician. Rogaine is for external use only and is NOT to be taken orally. Do NOT apply Rogaine to any other part of the body other than the affected area being treated. Avoid contact with the eyes or sensitive areas. Wash your hands thoroughly after applying Rogaine. Discontinue use of Rogaine and contact your physician if you have any of the follow reactions:

Rapid Heart Rate or Palpitations
Unexplained Rapid Weight Gain
Swelling or Puffiness of the Hands, Face, Ankles or Stomach
Dizziness
Lightheadness or Fainting
Blurred Vision
New or Worsening Pain to the Chest, Arm or Shoulder
Severe Indigestion
Severe Irritation of the Scalp"
fromwww.onlinepharmacy.com

There are a whole slew of problems if you take minoxidil orally, but I hope no one has been doing that.

From what I read the reason why there isn't a 5% for women is basically because the risk of side effects goes up with the percentage of concentration and they're worried about women of child-bearing age, since it's been proven that the drug can be transferred through breast milk and such. I read a review of 2% Women's Rogaine that made a woman grow a beard. Just FYI lol

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Well, as I said, I really don't think using very little on the brows will hurt.

One thing will stink though, we will be trying to have a baby next year and I'll have to go a loooong time without eyebrows again with the trying to get pg phase, then the 9 month pg phase and then breastfeeding however long that goes...

Oh well, I won't through all my pencils away and I am going to enjoy this while I can...
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Wendy, do you know if CPs are also advised against during pregnancy? If not, I use Folligen from Skin Biology for my eyebrows and it's working fantastically. Thought it might be an alternative for you, if it's considered safe during that time.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
Well, as I said, I really don't think using very little on the brows will hurt.

One thing will stink though, we will be trying to have a baby next year and I'll have to go a loooong time without eyebrows again with the trying to get pg phase, then the 9 month pg phase and then breastfeeding however long that goes...

Oh well, I won't through all my pencils away and I am going to enjoy this while I can...

You know what, I doubt the old skimpy brows will return - if it's just maintenance we're talking about. I think you can use castor oil and/or aloe vera gel and/or vit E oil to keep the hairs strong enough to stay during your pregnancy and not using Rogaine. These are natural and should cause no harm to the baby.

Right?
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if this product can be bought in the uk?
rayofsun
5% products discount

Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Rachael wrote:
Does anyone know if this product can be bought in the uk?

I think it is called Regaine instead of Rogaine in Europe. I have personally bought Regaine shampoo for thinning hair there.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Just bumping this up to attest to Wendy's claims! I used Regaine (that's what it's called here) with 2% minoxidil and on and off with Retin-A.

I'm seeing new brow hairs and my brows are getting thicker, longer and fuller. I'm looking forward to zero eyebrow makeup in a few months' time!

HTH! How are other people getting on with this stuff?
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi. I find this thread on rogaine very interesting! I was wondering- Can you use it on your whole head, to make your hair fuller and thicker?

Also- those of you that are using it on your lashes- is it maing them longer?

Thanks

5% products discount

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Andrea38 wrote:
Hi. I find this thread on rogaine very interesting! I was wondering- Can you use it on your whole head, to make your hair fuller and thicker?

Also- those of you that are using it on your lashes- is it maing them longer?

Thanks

That's what Rogaine is meant for, your scalp.
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Oooo- I'm so curious. I'm really interested on trying it on my eyebrows, but also curious as to what it whatdo for your hair! Does anybody else wonder this? Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Andrea38 wrote:
Oooo- I'm so curious. I'm really interested on trying it on my eyebrows, but also curious as to what it whatdo for your hair! Does anybody else wonder this? Wink

I'm confused. rogaine is MEANT for hair. Balding men and women use it for their heads. I use it for eyebrows and it seems to work there as well.

Is your question on what it may do for those who are NOT balding? Just making hair thicker in general? I would not know the answer to that as I only use it for brows.

anyone else?
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for the confusion- Yes that is what I meant- I wonder what it would do for you if your hair isn't really thinning- I have this fantasy of getting ULTRA hair like they have in those hair commercials (shampoo commercials). Now do you understand me?

5% products discount

Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...this topic is awesome..
Let me get this right, so rogain walmart brand for man apply every nights( skip sometime),
Tint the brows with 1000hrs tint brow. What's Retin A (use it for about 3-4 weeks?)
is the brand is Retin A and what is it for?
Can anyone help me please

Thank you..and merry xmas
coocoo
5% products discount

Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just did the search on Retin A, should I buy the gel, cream? what brand? I'm soo confuse...LOL sorry a newbie here
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
What a huge difference!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
This thread is really interesting. I tried the men's rogaine on my eyebrows ( overplucked in highschool ), a few years ago, for about 6 months. I really didn't get any obvious improvement, but wasn't using Retin-A at the time. I am now, so I'll pick up some of the generic, and give it a try. The rogaine goes on AFTER the Retin-A, I'm guessing? I better search for the 1000 lash tint now- Happy New Year everyone!! Robin
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I use Rogaine (5%) with KGF from Skin Actives on my brows.
I only use a little bit but it has quickly filled in bare spots.

I also use CPs from time to time but not as regularly as the Rogaine.
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Coco, although the product comes in different concentrations, the gel is more potent than it's cream of the same concentration. In the end, you should decide based on what consistency is most compatible with other products you use and/or what is best for your skin type.
Essentia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:26 am      Reply with quote
You can get some nice $-off coupons here:

http://www.rogaine.com/Rogaine-Coupons.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I love this!! Rogaine really WORKS for my eyebrows! Dancing
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |