Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Eyebrow Transplants? Why bother? ROGAINE!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
It is working on mine as well, I think. I bought some when I was in the US visiting over the holidays. I bought the kind for men. I also started colouring my eyebrows so maybe they look thicker because of that although I do think that some of it is from the Rogaine. Who knows? I use it only at night applied with a Q-tip.

Someone here mentioned that they also use this on their eyelashes. Is that safe? How is that going? Do you swab it on with a cotton tip or do you use a mascara wand?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Anna_in_Sweden wrote:
It is working on mine as well, I think. I bought some when I was in the US visiting over the holidays. I bought the kind for men. I also started colouring my eyebrows so maybe they look thicker because of that although I do think that some of it is from the Rogaine. Who knows? I use it only at night applied with a Q-tip.

Someone here mentioned that they also use this on their eyelashes. Is that safe? How is that going? Do you swab it on with a cotton tip or do you use a mascara wand?

I've been using for almost 2 months and it does work. I use a q-tip to apply mine every night before I go to sleep. To be clear, I only apply on my eyebrows, not eyelashes. For eyelashes, I recommend something like Ardell, RevitaLash, etc.
GetMyYouthBack
5% products discount

Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Well, I am off to Walmart tomorrow for the rogaine. Do you need a prescription to buy retin a? I too, cannot leave the house without drawing on my eyebrows. Not sure why, but mine have thinned way out in the last two years! If this works, I will be ecstatic!

thanks!

44, 1/2 okinawan, 1/2 heinz 57 - dry skin, kind of dull in color, TOO MANY wrinkles under eyes when I smile...and puffiness or lumpy fat pads under eyes, looking for the magic pill to get my youth back
GetMyYouthBack
5% products discount

Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Anna_in_Sweden wrote:

Anna_in_Sweden:

Very Happy I just got back from Walmart. Picked up the 5% Walmart version of Rogaine tonight. I will start applying tonight.

About how long before you started to see new eyebrow growth?

44, 1/2 okinawan, 1/2 heinz 57 - dry skin, kind of dull in color, TOO MANY wrinkles under eyes when I smile...and puffiness or lumpy fat pads under eyes, looking for the magic pill to get my youth back
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:36 am      Reply with quote
Anna_in_Sweden wrote:

oh no Anna, don't use it on your lashes. I think i remember someone suggesting that too, and a lot of memebers were like, "NO!" Laughing I suggest JM or even a DIY eye lash serum recipe on the SI board.

Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:36 am      Reply with quote
I started seeing results in about 1 month use of Rogaine!! I added some in my Shu Uemera Lash Repair to use on my eyebrows, too. Very Happy
coocoo
5% products discount

Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I start seeing my result too. The problem is now my right is thicker than the left...ayayay!! LOLOL Any advise.
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
This is interesting. I posted a while back regarding thicker eyebrows but didn't get much of a response. I used the Talika and the Ardell as was suggested by others but they didn't make a difference.

Thanks to this thread i've learned that minoxidil (Rogaine) and tretinoin (Retin_A)works synergistically to thicken hair. They are also sometimes used with finasteride (Propecia). So I did some further research. You can buy it in combination and it's called Eyebrower:
http://www.eyebrowregrowth.com/Eyebrows.htm

Their site states:
"The synergy of Tretinoin and Sandoz solution with minoxidil enables one to grow thick, long, and normal eyebrows. "

There is also one called Xandrox, and it is a mixture of minoxidil and azelaic acid. Azelaic acid works like Retin-A so if you are sensitive to tretinoin, you can replace it with azelaic acid.
http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content/topical-hair-loss-treatment/DHT-inhibitors.asp

Don't know if anyone here has used it. But Folligen seems to be an interesting product and is also enhanced with the use of minoxidil or a retinoic acid.

http://www.ageless-beauty.com/folligen.html
http://www.folligen.com/folligenformen.html
http://www.hairlosswatch.com/folligen_r_link.htm
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
I can buy generic 5% minoxidil on eBay for cheap. What is preferred, the gel, cream, lotion, solution or foam?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:43 am      Reply with quote
eSquire415 wrote:
I can buy generic 5% minoxidil on eBay for cheap. What is preferred, the gel, cream, lotion, solution or foam?

I use the 5% solution one. You can get a generic brand at walmart for about $5. Smile
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
Oh great, the nearest Walmart here is 20 miles away but they sell 5% Rogaine or generic minoxidil (drugstore brand) in Rite-Aid, Walgreens, Longs Drugs, etc. and the cheapest I found is $19.99 for a 30-day supply and it's foam.

I guess i would have to do the drive.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:23 am      Reply with quote
eSquire415, you only need a 1 month supply (2 oz), 5% solution. I got mine at walmart at the men section.. the brand is called Equate. Maybe you should call your nearest walmart to see if they have it in stock first. 20 miles is a pretty long drive for just one item Exclamation

EDIT: Sorry, it's about $10. I've been using it for about 3 months now and it totally forgot, and said it's $5. $10 is not that bad, right? Smile
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Just checking in: how is everyone doing with their rogaine?
I tried skinactives hair care serum for scalp, and for eyebrows for a few months, did nothing but matt/crunch my hair (though i liked the seaweedy smell). Just started the rogaine.
Will do eyebrows, too, after reading this.
I'd also tried ardell and castor oil on eyebrows (& lashes): no results. Now trying revitalash on lashes.
How long for results for the rogaine?
Thanks.
Updates?
Anyone try anr of eSquire415's suggestions from above pasted below:?

"This is interesting. I posted a while back regarding thicker eyebrows but didn't get much of a response. I used the Talika and the Ardell as was suggested by others but they didn't make a difference.

Thanks to this thread i've learned that minoxidil (Rogaine) and tretinoin (Retin_A)works synergistically to thicken hair. They are also sometimes used with finasteride (Propecia). So I did some further research. You can buy it in combination and it's called Eyebrower:
http://www.eyebrowregrowth.com/Eyebrows.htm

Their site states:
"The synergy of Tretinoin and Sandoz solution with minoxidil enables one to grow thick, long, and normal eyebrows. "

There is also one called Xandrox, and it is a mixture of minoxidil and azelaic acid. Azelaic acid works like Retin-A so if you are sensitive to tretinoin, you can replace it with azelaic acid.
http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content/topical-hair-loss-treatment/DHT-inhibitors.asp

Don't know if anyone here has used it. But Folligen seems to be an interesting product and is also enhanced with the use of minoxidil or a retinoic acid.

http://www.ageless-beauty.com/folligen.html
http://www.folligen.com/folligenformen.html
http://www.hairlosswatch.com/folligen_r_link.htm"
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, eSquire415, I am going to check out the links. My brows have always been sparse and I am tired of being a slave to my eyebrow pencil.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone using Rogaine on their eyelashes?

I've decided to do an experiment, using my skinny NOTH lash serum brush (the serum did nothing for my lashes after using it for over two months). I am only going to use it on the lower lashes of my right eye. That way I can compare the results to my left eye. I figure it will take about two months. I have the 2% which I use on my hair anyway.

I don't want to use Rogaine on my upper lashes because with gravity, there is a small danger of it dripping down into my eyes and I don't want to take any chances. At least on my lower lashes, if it drips it will be downward and away from my eyes.

Gee, I hope I don't wind up growing an eyebrow under my eye! Shock
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin,

I know some are using folligen for their lashes, but I think Rogaine anywhere near your eyes is a danger and not a safe idea. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
omgosh wenrow your before and after pics are SO impressive! Off to WM.........thanks so much for sharing, really great info..! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I'll try using Folligen on only my lower lashes and see what happens in two months. I tried the Rogaine but it has so much alcohol in it that it stings when it evaporates even though it doesn't get in my eyes. Folligen is a cream, so easier to control.
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I used rogaine regularly on my eyebrows a few years ago and I feel I need to post this disclaimer: While it did make my eyebrows incredibly thick like I've always wanted, it also make the rest of make face INCREDIBLY HAIRY, I looked like an ape Embarassed
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:
I used rogaine regularly on my eyebrows a few years ago and I feel I need to post this disclaimer: While it did make my eyebrows incredibly thick like I've always wanted, it also make the rest of make face INCREDIBLY HAIRY, I looked like an ape Embarassed

Oh That sounds very scary, not at all a pleasant side effect! Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:07 am      Reply with quote
OMG, I never thought of using hair growth products for the head on the eyebrows! It's funny how I have a surplus of hair everywhere except my brows, but after reading that it would cause my face to be hairy, I'm not taking the risk...lol. I have enough trouble with constant hair removal. Thanks for the warning!
rollin187

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I have been reading the posts and decided to try the rogaine out for myself. I just bought walmart brand equate hair regrowth treatment. I was wondering if anyone else has tried the generic brand. It has the same active ingredient of 5% minoxidil and says that it is distributed from the rogaine company. Should I give it a try or return it and purchase the name brand?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:36 am      Reply with quote
rollin187 wrote:
I have been reading the posts and decided to try the rogaine out for myself. I just bought walmart brand equate hair regrowth treatment. I was wondering if anyone else has tried the generic brand. It has the same active ingredient of 5% minoxidil and says that it is distributed from the rogaine company. Should I give it a try or return it and purchase the name brand?

I am pretty sure that's what many earlier on in the thread used, if the active ingredient is the same why pay more? Smile

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the reply. I also was wondering if it would work for me due to being born with thin brows. I am a guy and I was born with thin eyebrows. For years I have been darkening in the few hairs with mascara and due to leaving the mascara in for so long, they are seeming to be thinning out even more. I hate it when people notice and make comments about my brows. It looks as if I am sick. I just started today and I was wondering if it will help me or am I just wasting my time and money? Thanks
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Well this thread has me thinking...
In my younger years I used to have very think hair..so think I hated it but as time has gone by and a few bad diets I have lost a substantial amount of hair..My hairdresser comments on it every time I go in..grrrr..I wonder if Rogaine would help bring back some of my hair loss. What do you think?

Lou
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |