Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Eyebrow Transplants? Why bother? ROGAINE!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I am very impressed! Can you buy Rogaine without a prescription at Walmart? I am also interested to improve my eyebrows. Can I use this for my hair too to thicken it?

wenrow wrote:
Why would anyone go through the pain and expense of that procedure when you can use GENERIC rogaine ($12 bottle for 3 months worth)and get amazing results! I had thin , light and sparse eyebrows my whole life and now after 3 months of Rogaine and using the 1000 hrs tint, i have thick brows that I actually have to comb! They are filled in and I don't need pencil AT ALL. I can't believe that this has been around so long and I never thought of this before! Someone on another board suggested it and it has changed my life. I had to wear FULL make up to compensate for the eyebrows I had to draw on before. Now I can go out with mascara (very little of that thanks to Jan Marini) powder bronzer and lip gloss. AND I can have my brows professionally waxed now. There was nothing to wax before. I just plucked the 4 or 5 extra hairs I had around my brows. lol!

So anyone considering such a radical procedure, don't do it. Please try this first.
kristan01

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question regarding how to apply the rogaine and retin-a...

1.) Do you mix them together and apply with q-tip?
Or
2.) Do you use the retin-a first for a period of time before applying the rogaine?

Another question:
Does this work for people like me who have never had thick eyebrows in their life? I would need new hair follicles to form in order to obtain new growth - I just have a hard time imagining that it would create NEW hair follicles/growth...I could see it working to grow hair out of follicles that already existed...

If anyone could give me specific details on how they used these products in conjuction to create new eyebrow growth, I would be extremely greatful!!! Would love full, natural eyebrows...I could never imagine how that would feel.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've noticed that even if I don't use minoxidil once everyday my brows have still been growing quite well. I just use my little finger to apply it. I probably should use a Q-tip to be more careful because I'd have less plucking to do later!
zina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:01 am      Reply with quote
so do you have to use it for the rest of your life??
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Question for those of you who have been using it awhile. I only read one post that said they have had to stop using it because their face started to look like an ape Shock

Did anyone else experience anything like that?

I assumed (maybe wrongly) that products like that only worked where they were applied. If you only applied them on your eyebrows, how would you end up with hair elsewhere. This wasn't meant to call another post into question, just wanted to know whether that person's experience was rare or if others have had similar problems.

Hormones already have me checking my face for stray hairs .. I'm not looking to fertalize my face !!! Laughing
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting thread.
I have read about 80% of it, but I can't quite understand if tretinoin are helping with the hair growth..?

I have used the 0,025% strength for a year, and I'm not using it ON my brows, through it might not be good for the brow hair..?

Must it be in conjunction with the Regain, or does tretinoin help whit hair growth to some part on it's own?

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:29 am      Reply with quote
A word of warning - Rogaine (minoxidil) inhibits collagen production and so can lead to looser skin and lines.
Some men who have used this product for baldness have noticed their face aging faster.
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:41 am      Reply with quote
jedder wrote:
A word of warning - Rogaine (minoxidil) inhibits collagen production and so can lead to looser skin and lines.
Some men who have used this product for baldness have noticed their face aging faster.

That doesn't sound like a side effect that I would like... Where have you found that info?

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
If you go on the hairlosshelp website and search the threads, there is one about bloated/aging face called by minoxidil.
Also, check this out

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/470297_5
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure some people might be allergic to Rogaine but I've been using it for at least fifteen years on my scalp and I don't look like Bigfoot or that guy from Tales from the Crypt!
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, that link doesnt work.......hopefully, this does : )

http://www.springerlink.com/content/163257337357hkx6/
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Do you need a prescription to get Rogaine? I would be interested to get it...
Please let me know? Thanks.

wenrow wrote:
Why would anyone go through the pain and expense of that procedure when you can use GENERIC rogaine ($12 bottle for 3 months worth)and get amazing results! I had thin , light and sparse eyebrows my whole life and now after 3 months of Rogaine and using the 1000 hrs tint, i have thick brows that I actually have to comb! They are filled in and I don't need pencil AT ALL. I can't believe that this has been around so long and I never thought of this before! Someone on another board suggested it and it has changed my life. I had to wear FULL make up to compensate for the eyebrows I had to draw on before. Now I can go out with mascara (very little of that thanks to Jan Marini) powder bronzer and lip gloss. AND I can have my brows professionally waxed now. There was nothing to wax before. I just plucked the 4 or 5 extra hairs I had around my brows. lol!

So anyone considering such a radical procedure, don't do it. Please try this first.
Marilyn33

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi,what an interesting thread!

First of all, be careful about applying rogaine to the eye area as the carriers (main ingredients) are ethanol in the women's formula and ethylene glycol in the men's. Neither one is great for the eyes, but okay for the skin.

Also, for people wondering as to the difference between the men's and the women's. It's more readily absorbed and a higher percentage in the men's formula because women using these strengths reported an increase in facial hair.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:37 am      Reply with quote
LOL LOL LOL I think the reason why men's formula is stronger because there are more balded-head men to use this product LOL LOL LOL Smile Smile Smile (it is a joke BTW) Smile Smile Smile

Marilyn33 wrote:
Also, for people wondering as to the difference between the men's and the women's. It's more readily absorbed and a higher percentage in the men's formula because women using these strengths reported an increase in facial hair.
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:14 am      Reply with quote
is anybody still using rogaine on their eyebrow? or had done in the past and with what results? and has anybody used it on their hair with good results?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I think that Rogaine works mainly on bald spots in the crown area which is where most men lose hair first. This principle would also apply to women's hair loss.
zizi wrote:
is anybody still using rogaine on their eyebrow? or had done in the past and with what results? and has anybody used it on their hair with good results?

Folligen lotion works on hair follicles that have thinner hairs or have lost hairs that were there earlier. Folligen will not help hair grow where there was no previous hair follicle. You might want to try that on your thinning hair.

It sounds like the 5% formula might be a bit too strong for women if someone has reported additional hair growth in unwanted areas with it. The 2% might be safer to try.

My eyebrows have thinned a bit these last few years. When I remember, I use Folligen lotion on them and that does help fill in the thin spots. I just need to be more diligent in using it. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the Folligen recommendation, but definitely prefer the Folligen for Blondes formula.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I've been reading posts about how to thicken eyebrows and although I didn't read every post (and maybe this has been covered already)I thought it worth mentioning that hair loss is often a result of underactive thyroid. This often goes undiagnosed and is extremely common.

Hair and skin are particularly vulnerable to thyroid conditions, and in particular, hair loss is frequently associated with thyroid problems. With hypothyroidism, hair frequently becomes brittle, coarse and dry, while breaking off and falling out easily. Skin can become coarse, thick, dry,and scaly. In hypothyroidism, there is often an unusual loss of hair in the outer edge of the eyebrow. With hyperthyroidism, severe hair loss can also occur, and skin can become fragile and thin.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I haven't read the whole thread but while I have sparse eyebrows and have to draw them in daily, I'd not use Rogaine because I don't like the fact that results will only last as long as you continue to use it. The hair you grow with Rogaine is fine and not like your own hair (maybe copper peptides may help to thicken the strands if used with it), but you cannot stop using minoxidil or that hair you grew will fall off.

So I can see why one would opt for implants: they are a more permanent method.

BTW, I never used to be impressed by the idea of tattooed eyebrows because most of the ones I'd seen look so obviously painted on...and not at all like hair--which made me wonder why pay someone to do what I can do myself with a crayon?

That was until I saw these awesome results:
http://www.traciegiles.co.uk/eyebrows-treatments.htm
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
FYI, I asked my BF regarding Rogaine and he said that there are side effects using it.... I see a lot of women with permanent "black" tattoo on their eyebrows and they look "fake" to me and most often they turn "dark bluish color".. The link posted by Nonie aka AD is quite impressive (but they are in UK!). Doing research (and check references) to find right person to do it, since it will be permanent tattoo on your brow.... For now, I will stick with my BDB kit LOL Smile
Marilyn33

Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:09 am      Reply with quote
I see a lot of people are wondering about Rogaine for brows (I think a lot of women).
I too had my brows waxed one too many times and even my derm was making fun of my missing brow on one side but he didn't have any suggestions.

I think that info on collagen loss with rogaine is really interesting and I'll read up on that (thank you Jedder Smile

But, once I saw latisse make me fabulash, I decided to try it on my brows. It's effin' amazing. Check out my before and after and these are just after a few weeks (they say latisse takes 12 weeks)

Ack! It's not letting me post before and afters here?

but you can see them on my blog beautylaserexpert dot com

But I wouldn't use rogaine due to the fact that it grows facial hair in women even when used on the scalp in high amounts. I'd use latisse and it's working REALLY well!
MelissaM60515

Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Before photos are taken, and I'll post them with after photos in 3 months.
Incidentally, I read that the higher concentration (men's) formula is not approved in women because "tests have found women to be more susceptible to certain side effects of minoxidil, most notably lowered blood pressure, lightheadedness and allergic skin reactions." They also mention that unwanted facial hair is a concern, and moreso for women, so the lower concentration is recommended.
TwinTails

Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Marilyn33 wrote:
I think that info on collagen loss with rogaine is really interesting and I'll read up on that (thank you Jedder Smile

But I wouldn't use rogaine due to the fact that it grows facial hair in women even when used on the scalp in high amounts. I'd use latisse and it's working REALLY well!
Yeah, I'd stay far, far away from Minoxodil. Way too many people start using it and look 5+ years older almost immediately. I know most people are fine, and have no problem. But a small chance is waaay too high for me.
shabdli
5% products discount

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Wow Thats Great Wenrow!!
Big difference!! you show us your before and after pics.
Is any side effect of Rogaine?? means it depend on skin type...
& How do you use the Rogaine?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I had tried the careprost and rogaine and neither one worked enough to fill in an area that had been removed during an overzealous IPL session.
Just recently found someone in my area to do Microblading. For me it will be a 3 part process but it will last from 8-18 months hopefully.
The first go around was good but the parts that had been drawn on have peeled off, prob due to the fact that I am a heavy bleeder and the area was getting too sensitive.
Now I am going back for the touch up and redo of the areas that didn't take. Then I will do a touch-up overall.
I think I will like it in the end and the price was very reasonable compared to many quotes I had seen (350.00 as opposed to 900-1000).
Check out browmewowme on Instagram. Here is the link to my before and after.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKHpO5sjSZU/?taken-by=browmewowme
I have several friends already signed up!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |