Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review of Primivera Organic skin care
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I did a post last week on this line and only received 1 response-so here is my impression. I ordered the trial kit. It is very similiar to Dr H but wow the difference in price and texture are amazing. The cleansing cream only a small amt takes off everything and you face feels clean Not oily or dry.The exfolitating cleanser (Like Dr H) but much easier to use and is gentle but effective. Both products are sugar based. The press and roll techinique can be used but I lightly press. Only use this in the am. The toner is similiar to Dr H and felt great on my skin. I was not crazy about the 2 moisterizers for the day a bit heavy in the summer. They follow the same principal as Dr H nothing at night. But they do have amples for oils for various skin types that can be used. The price is much less than what Dr H is and they only sell it at the Saffron Rogue web site. Its big in Europe. I use the HRG has my day moisterizer and every other night I use the sample of Harmony Oil. All in all I do like this line better than Dr H and the customer service did not try and say you can only use this line. She suggested the HRG or Jurlique day moisterizer if the samples were to much. Thanks for reading. The sample kit was $26 USD and you pick 2 free sachets. I have had the kit for over 1 week now and stil have plenty left.

47yr old normal-t-zone in summer skin
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
anyone out in EDS land?
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I think I was the only other respondant in your last post so thought I'd give you my review here again as well. I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE PRIMAVERA!!! I tried their products over a year ago and have been hooked ever since. I love the scents of the products, the feel of them, the effectiveness - everything. And after researching the company itself I was utterly impressed with their philosophies, their farming and cultivation practices, their evironmental and global consciousness, and their committment to their clients. I have not one bad thing to say about them or their products. They also have the most comprehensive and best line of esential oils in the world IMO and I have been researching EO distributors for the past 5 years. I am so glad someone brought this line to NA esp Canada. I highly recommend them. I'll add that I also use Dr H's cosmetics and have tried their skin care line and do like them a lot, but I much prefer Primavera's skin care products. Now if only they would come out with a cosmetic line....If so it would proabably be the only line I ever use.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
could not agree more-what type of skin do you have? I just can't use the moisterizers during the summer but will save the samples for the winter months.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is fair and the type is normal to sensitive. (I have sensitivities to a lot of synthetics and chemicals). Gets a little drier in the winter (not much though) but holds up pretty well in the summer. I don't have any wrinkles (I attribute that to great genes and protecting myself from the sun) and my skin is now in pretty great shape.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your review. I'm using Dr. Hauschka now and looking to try something else with the same or better quality. I'll definitely give it a try after your review. Very Happy
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
that definitely sounds like a line to try!
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, red head. I'll have to take a closer look at the line.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I ran out of DHCC and decided to order the Primavera one instead, but when I saw the ingredients, it looked like Dr. Hauschka is more natural:

Refining Exfoliating Cleanser (primavera)
Ingredients:
Water, Jojoba Oil*, Jojoba Wax, Apricot Kernel Oil*, Polyglyceryl-3 Stearate, Plantago, Cetraria islandica, Sage (Salix alba), Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearic acid, Pomegranate Seed Oil*, Grape Seed Oil*, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Decyl glucoside, Lactic acid, Parfum**, natural Vitamin E, Xanthan gum, Sallow Thorn Oil* *certified organic **blend of pure Essential Oils

DHCC
Ingredients: (Search our Ingredient Dictionary)
Water (Aqua), Sweet Almond (Prunus dulcis) Meal, Anthyllis vulneraria Extract, Calendula officinalis Extract, Alcohol, Peanut (Arachis hypogaea) Oil, Wheat (Triticum vulgare) Germ Oil, Matricaria (Chamomilla recutita) Extract, Hypericum perforatum Extract, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) Extract, Sweet Almond (Prunus dulcis) Oil, Rose (Rosa damascena) Essential Oil, Acerola (Malpighia punicifolia) Extract, Xanthan Gum, Algin

Now I cannot decide what to order Embarassed
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
this company is organic they sell DR H Primivara Laverna & Weleda. Personal preference is the key. I tried the am the DR CC cream and I def prefer the Primivera you get a better cleaning. I am not so much about "organic" but more quality. And in my opinion this line you can mix other lines in with it. Saffron Rogue also will not say just us this line they will say well if this does not work try this.
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I thought rosehip oil does not need to mix with other oil, but when I tried to order from Saffron Rough the Directions for Use:
May aggravate acne or blemished skin. Combine with infused Calendula when using as a treatment to reduce or soften scars, and heal burns. Rose Hip oil has an intense red-brown color, and it is advisable to mix it with another base Oil, such as Jojoba Oil.

Would anyone with this oil experience clarify the the direction for use of this oil? I have normal to dry skin. I just want to use it as a moisturizer.

Thank you! Embarassed
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
oh!
i am a fan of this line too,but it's so expensive for a aroma product
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Suk Han wrote:
I thought rosehip oil does not need to mix with other oil, but when I tried to order from Saffron Rough the Directions for Use:
May aggravate acne or blemished skin. Combine with infused Calendula when using as a treatment to reduce or soften scars, and heal burns. Rose Hip oil has an intense red-brown color, and it is advisable to mix it with another base Oil, such as Jojoba Oil.

Would anyone with this oil experience clarify the the direction for use of this oil? I have normal to dry skin. I just want to use it as a moisturizer.

Thank you! Embarassed

Hiya

There is some information out there that suggests rosehip be diluted, even on normal/dry skins, but especially acne prone skin.

I have oily acne prone skin, but I have been using a cold pressed organic 100% rosehip oil on my face and I have no problems with acne or blocked pores, in fact I see more clarified skin than with any other oil I have tried. I think it really depends on the quality of the oil, if it is refined or not organic, it may have adulterants in there which cause blocked pores, or the oil loses all its nutritional value and merely becomes a trans-fat film which suffocates skin.

You can always dilute the oil if you find it too strong, otherwise enjoy the pureness of rosehip all on its own!
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:41 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know where I can get this range from other than Saffron Rouge with their £50 international shipping. We don't have it in the UK. I have e mailed the company, but still waiting for a reply...
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Thank you miranets.

What brand of rosehip oil are you using? Razz
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |