Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

dermalogica products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
hey im thinking of ordering the dermalogica ultra calming cleanser and wanted to know any one who has used it good or bad expericenes with it, my skin type is very very senstive and dry so hoping it wont irrate it, or any of the dermalogica products be good to hear about either thanks
Emilee_ann_143
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I tried Dermologica Special cleansing gel and it was okay. It actually dries out my skin a lot. I think its better for peopple who have oily skin like my mother. I used to like the cleansing milk but found that to be too expensive. My mother also uses the spray toner. I dont see why you really need a toner but it is okay. heheh Nothing miraculous! But i just bought the Dermologica Microfoliant and I love it! My flakies are gone and I'm hoping it will brighten my complexion along with the vitamin C serum soon! Anyways hope that helps =)
P.S. I would recommend this gentle cleanser which is very cheap and economical. It's called Neoteric's Alpha hydrox Foaming Cleanser. They used to have it at walgreen but I think they got discontinued. You can buy it online. It wont do miracles but it sure does clean you skin well and is yet verrrry gentle. HTH

-Emilyann-

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I tried Dermologica Special cleansing gel and it was okay. It actually dries out my skin a lot. I think its better for peopple who have oily skin like my mother. I used to like the cleansing milk but found that to be too expensive. My mother also uses the spray toner. I dont see why you really need a toner but it is okay. heheh Nothing miraculous! But i just bought the Dermologica Microfoliant and I love it! My flakies are gone and I'm hoping it will brighten my complexion along with the vitamin C serum soon! Anyways hope that helps =)
P.S. I would recommend this gentle cleanser which is very cheap and economical. It's called Neoteric's Alpha hydrox Foaming Cleanser. They used to have it at walgreen but I think they got discontinued. You can buy it online. It wont do miracles but it sure does clean you skin well and is yet verrrry gentle. HTH

-Emilyann-

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried it. I have combo skin and I noticed that it dried my skin out too. Not terrible but enough to be annoying.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried the Ultra Calming Cleanser and the Special Cleansing Gel and out of those two the Ultra Calming one would probably be better for you by the sounds of it. It didn't dry my skin out, but I do have oily skin. I think it would still work well if you have dry skin aswell.

The skin prep scrub is really nice too, and the Cream exfoliant, but the latter one may irritate your skin if it's really sensitive

You might find that some of the moisturisers in the range may suit you skin type aswell, but try to get some samples first.
Algae
5% products discount

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hello there! I use Ultracalming cleanser and it has worked wonderfully for me so far. Smile

I have very dry and sensitive skin too, and after washing with this cleaner it does not feel like a tight balloon. I follow immediately with their Soothing protection spray and barrier repair, plus my moisturizer.

Hope this helps Smile
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I have too tried the Ultra calming cleanser and the Speacial cleansing gel and must say i LOVE the ultra calming cleanser. It is really gentle for those of us that have sensitive skin. You can even use it on your eyes and it wont sting at all.
The Special cleansing gel really dried out my skin. Although it says it is good and gentle for all skin types, I wouldnt use it if you had dry skin type.
chocoholic
5% products discount

Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I also have tried the Ultra calming cleanser and thought it was ok but prefered other brands.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Ultra Calming Cleanser is my current HG cleanser. I like that it's so gentle it doesn't hurt my eyes and yet effectively removes makeup without leaving a tight feeling afterwards. Good ingredients too!
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:24 am      Reply with quote
my friends are using dermalogica ultra calming cleanser, she said that really help to reduce redness.
natsumi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I'm also using the Ultracalming Cleanser and love it. I was using a foaming cleanser before but my derm said foaming cleansers are too harsh for sensitive skin.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |