Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Should we make a list of paraben free brands?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
It seems like there are a few people on the board that are concerned with the use of parabens in products. I was thinking it might be helpful if we share the experience we have had with paraben free products and then we can discover even more brands to try out?
My favorite paraben free brands are:
- Devita. They have a really nice moisturiser with a zinc oxide based SPF 30
- Caudalie. Very good results for such a natural range. Their cleansing water is brilliant for removing make up and the moisturisers give a beautiful glow to the skin.
- Barefoot Botanicals. I love all their products from the Rosa Fina range which contains rosehip oil.
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I really like the NZ brand Trilogy... I have had only positive experiences with Balancing Cleansing gel(love that), Tonic... Energising Face Lotion, the eye cream... and the gentle exfoliator...gorgeous...and purifying masque, a very pleasant white clay mask.
A'kin by Alchemy ( an Aussie brand) is great too...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Sanoflore, a French brand. It's paraben-free and you can find it at drugstore.com and Ulta. I like their cleansing milk, very fresh orange blossom smell.

Trilogy is a good one too.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Where can you order Devita? (I live in Canada). If you list a brand could you please add where to get it? Thanks
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi muzzie, I have only tried A'kin hair care and was very pleased with their protein conditioner, so now I will have a look at their skin care when I go to the health shop.

Hi neroliwater, I was looking at Sanoflore products in a small chemist the other day. They carried a peculiar variety of products and I liked the look of the ingredients in the Anoflore range, but had not seen it anywhere before so it is great to get good feedback on this range. I was especially interested in their cellulite treatment.

Hi lily, what a good idea to supply the link for hard to find paraben free products. I ordered Devita products from http://devita.net/
I love the protective day cream , but was less impressed with other products...
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi Smoothskin... Yep! A'kin is worth a look... I love their ( Alchemy) body washes as well. They are lovely... especially Orange Blossom and also the Jasmine variety.
Sanoflore! We had that range here ( French isnt it?) for the last couple of years on our TV shopping channel TVSN. Their products are quite lovely too... for some reason they didnt take off here as well..and TVSN has been running the line out ...they had terrific prices for a while. I liked them though and tried a few last year..pity.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I love A'kin Smile They have the best cleanser and I also like their moisturizers and Eye stuff Smile

I also love their Hair products!!!!

They smell sooo good!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Aha! Are you using the creamy 2 in 1 version ( A'kin cleanser) or the Sandlewood Gel foaming one? Both are yummy.. oh..just saw you are drier skinned.. the former I guess! I love the smell of their toner as well. I have tried the unscented 24 hour moisture but prefer the Rose de mai day cream and their night cream with the lavender in it because I am a sucker for lovely aromas. I too like the eye gel and eye cream combo! My fav shampoo is the Lavender one and I am using the Avocado and Calendula conditioner at the moment... and the Vitamin hair masque is good for very dry ends too! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I bought the 2 cleansers because I couldn't decide!! Smile Right now I am using the Sandalwood Gel.. I use it after OCM (love it smells sooo yummy and a little goes a long way) leaves me clean without tight feeling! I wait a while and lately I follow with DHCC (when I have a lot of time at night).

I bought their toner but have not used it Smile

I use the 24 hour moisture sometimes but my staple is the daytime and night time anti oxidant cremes. I like their eyegels coz it moisturizes my undereyes for long!

My shampoo is the Lavander one too and Macademia for condish Smile I bought the vitamin mask but have not used it.

I hoarded their products during one trip coz they do not have it here in Manila. It's dry and humid here and these products work well for me Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:42 am      Reply with quote
What about parben and glycol free? The Caudalie line has glycol and I've heard that can be drying...
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
So, lots of good feedback on A'kin then Smile
Is it propylene glycol you are thinking of lily, or is the ingredient just called glycol? And, yes it is helpful to mention how pure the other ingredients in the products are as well. One brand that I am curious about at the moment is Leaf and Rusher as they have very active anti aging products that are paraben free, but I would have to take a look at the other ingredients as well. AR457 is paraben free too and I like their body oil.
Keenie71fun
5% products discount

Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:19 am      Reply with quote
The best cleansers ever ever...i even visited them in Irvine, CA, the American branch and met the American woman who helped create the line. I am so impressed. I'm hoping to try other products in the line. So far, the award-winning cleanser is my absolute favorite, and I am a very fickly skin care buyer.

keenie
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Keenie71, which cleanser brand are you referring to? Smile

Leaf & Rusher looks interesting... but they do not have ingredients posted in site Sad

5% products discount

Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:03 am      Reply with quote
sorry, i was referring to FANCL's BOSCIA cleanser...the gel one. Paraben-free. Delicious. Used on the sets of Will and Grace and other shows for it's gentleness and effective cleansing
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:20 am      Reply with quote
I have heard that you can put parabens into a product (indeed in some countries the producer has to to allow the product to be sold there!) in such tiny quantities to make it legal to be sold but the amount is so small they don't have to list it! This includes certain 'Organic Ranges' apparently! Some companies (I guess like PSF) are honest and list them anyway. So I' guess I'm not going to assume because its not listed that its not in there!

Can anyone confirm this? (Darren at PSF?)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Lucia I believe you are correct. I know that Astara does this. From a recent thread.

Quote:
Smoothskin wrote:
I have finally managed to get the answer to this through the EDS live help. They contacted their Astara rep who said that the products, including the ones which appear to be paraben free, contain 'a few grains of parabens' at a percentage of 0.03. So, now we know.

Here is a link to the complete thread for those who are interested:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12070&highlight=astara+parabens
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Theresa,
Thanks for clarifying this - glad I wasn't imagining things!! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:

Hi neroliwater, I was looking at Sanoflore products in a small chemist the other day. They carried a peculiar variety of products and I liked the look of the ingredients in the Anoflore range, but had not seen it anywhere before so it is great to get good feedback on this range. I was especially interested in their cellulite treatment.

Hi, Smoothskin, the Sanoflore products I tried were cleansing milk, day cream, night cream, and anti-age cream.

As what I've said, the cleansing milk cream has a very nice smell that I like a lot. Laughing It's a gentle cleanser to be used in the morning and I think it won't be strong enough to remove makeup etc.

Day cream, the texture is light, easily absorbed, but the smell.... What can I say... Based on the name, Neroli & Argan, I was expecting a nice orange blossom smell. But it turned out to be some weird smell (maybe from Argan), though it is totally natural smell.

The night cream does have a very good smell, from Benzoin. I like the smell so much that I went ahead and bought a bottle of benzoin essential oil. Wink But... the night cream itself is not easily absorbed and it doesn't do much to my skin.

The anti-age cream is the best among them. It is light, more like a lotion instead of a cream. It is easily absorbed and it brightens my skin a little. My skin looks smoother.

Overall, if someone is looking for a basic skincare line, this will work. But if one needs advanced skincare, e.g. treating wrinkle, hyperpigmentation, etc., it won't be a good choice.

I didn't test any anticellulite products from them and sorry I can't help. But hope my review above will be helpful to anyone who is interested in this line.

P.S. It's said that Sanoflore has very good quality of hydrosol, as well as essential oils. Sadly no distrubitor in US carries them and I don't want to pay huge amount of shipping fee to get them from Europe. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
simplydivinebotanicals.com

Completely natural brand. Very popular!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
If you are looking for totally NATURAL, chemical free products you must look at The Body Deli. Their products are absolutely wonderful!!!! Their site will make you droll Drool . Unfortunately, the last I heard, they only ship within the US. A few of their products are delivered iced.

http://www.thebodydeli.com/
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:36 am      Reply with quote
So many brands to check out now - I want to have a look for quite a few of them. Just wanted to add another note on what I have heard about paraben free ingredient lists. The brands that use a small amount of paraben are not allowed to market their product as paraben free. The best way to find out some times is to contact the company and ask them. This can be time consuming, but at least then we can be sure...
angelicfruitcake

Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
So whats wrong with parabens then ? Could someone explain.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
neroliwater wrote:
The night cream does have a very good smell, from Benzoin. I like the smell so much that I went ahead and bought a bottle of benzoin essential oil. Wink But... the night cream itself is not easily absorbed and it doesn't do much to my skin.

The anti-age cream is the best among them. It is light, more like a lotion instead of a cream. It is easily absorbed and it brightens my skin a little. My skin looks smoother.

Overall, if someone is looking for a basic skincare line, this will work. But if one needs advanced skincare, e.g. treating wrinkle, hyperpigmentation, etc., it won't be a good choice.

:

neroliwater I also love the scent of the Sanoflore Night cream. I do agree that it leaves your skin a little greasy but I don't really mind that at night. I think this it too heavy to use during warmer months but during the winter it is a nice cream to use. To me the best thing about the Night Cream is that it has never irritated my sensitive skin. The Anti-Aging Cream did irritate my skin but I also thought it had a nice texture. If you like the scent of Benzoin the Sanoflore Eye Cream has this too!! The eye cream is more like a fluid and for me was not hydrating enough. But I think that I like the scent of the eye cream even more than the night cream!
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
The Body Deli products look delicious - if only they shipped abroad... I am trying out a range called Novaurora at the moment which feels very firming on the skin.
nakeidknits
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I believe Burt's Bees uses no parabens. I've been using the repair serum this winter--feels great, smells even better. No impressive results, but nice hydration, which is perfect for a Colorado winter.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |