Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jean Paul Gaultier - makeup for men!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Have you heard about the new range of makeup just released by Jean Paul Gaultier? They are actually marketed for men.

I offered to buy my significant other the eyeliner/concealer pen. The stare that I got back was rather icy Smile LOL. The only "cosmetic" thing that I have EVER convinced him to try was a mud mask (a sample of one that I got when I bought him some Anthony Logistics shave cream). He'd kill me if he knew I'm telling people this Smile He actually liked it but refuses to use it on the "That's for women... I'm a man" basis.

The JPG eyeliner/concealer just seems like such a nice 2-in-1 product! I think there is also a bronzer and a few other tid-bits that I can't remember.

Mabsy
CARM302
5% products discount

Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I saw an ad in the italian version of Vogue for the JPG Le Male Makeup line. I think thats cute, lol. Your typical male probablly wont wear makeup. Maybe its targeted for the metrosexual (I dont like that word). Where can one find these products online?
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
In my late teens, I lived in a house with 13 punk rockers, 12 of whom were guys. All of them were heterosexual, but some wore eyeliner and/or eyeshadow on a regular basis. They claimed it was a "punk" thing, and it was "cool" but they were so into it, I always suspected it was just an excuse, and that they secretly envied us girls for being able to wear makeup! :P
Mabsy

Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:50 am      Reply with quote
CARM302 - I haven't seen them online anywhere. My guess would be... Sephora?

Alohagirl - sounds like a happening type of place to live in! Wow! What they said does like an excuse to play dress-ups Smile I might try that on my other half... "But honey, it's cool and it's punk! Punk is retro and I know how much you love retro stuff!" :P Right after I say that I might have to run.... very fast! Smile

Mabsy.
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

LOL! Sounds like you should put on your running shoes first!!!Wink
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
LOL ! Mabsy, I'm wondering how you're going to be able to put the eye-liner on your guy, concealer he'd HALF understand-- you'd explain that it would remove the dark circles (yeah Nice try ! I hear my b/f say !) :P If you succeed please let me know.... there's always a method to one's madness. Very Happy

On the topic of Metrosexual guys, does anyone know any ?? Mabsy, do you think our Ian Thorpe (world class champion swimmer) is one-- I think MAJORLY, so much that I thought he grazed on the other side but apparently he's not. :P Not that I care as I have gay friends, some of whom I work with... but just that air that he gave off.. Very Happy I don't know how I would be if my guy turned 'metro' .... I think surely, we'd need separate bathrooms !! Surprised We'd be competing for Bathroom time ! let alone Bathroom space !! The spate of 'guy' products is rapidly catching up, and it only started with the humble after-shave which branched out to after-shave balm... then moisturisers for the face... now make-up !! I went on a Shiseido skincare workshop a few years ago with my sister and was surprised to learn that MEN not women are their biggest customers !! Their Bio Performance cream is a big favourite !Surprised

I think I like my guy's simple 'cared for' routine, I buy him products and pamper him when I want to-- he loves the attention !.... but he does draw the unwilling guinea pig line at wearing mascara or eyeliner Very Happy:P Not that he wouldn't be adventurous and unexperimental to do that for me but the fear that I'd leave it on him without removing it...!! hahaha!

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
kiginally posted by summertimegirl[/i]
On the topic of Metrosexual guys, does anyone know any ?? [/quote]

I do. One of my girlfriends recently came to visit and she brought a guy with her (friend and co-worker, not boyfriend). He had his own guestroom with private bathroom, and when I went in there one day to change his towels, I couldn't believe how many toiletries he had. It looked like Sephora exploded in there!Surprised

That explained the two large suitcases he'd brought for just a few days' stay. It also explained why we always had to wait two hours for him to get ready to go out--even just to the beach!!!!SurprisedSurprisedSurprised
Mabsy

Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl - no luck with the eyeliner here Smile I think I might just drop that topic from my conversations with him, it's starting to freak him out Smile Mind you, he's 'expanding' into Anthony Logistics and using their mask and now their moisturiser samples (I guess I might have to get him the full size next time I place my EDS order). I still don't think he'd admit this to his friends though Smile

I don't know many metrosexuals myself and when I do see them I probably often mistake them for beng gay... It's the "oh look at that guy. His skin is perfect and he's wearing a skivvy... surely he must be gay!". I know it's a bad stereotype to have but I can't help it. My best friend (who happens to be gay) and I have these little competitions sometimes where we argue if a particular guy is or isn't gay. He usually wins Sad

Alohagirl - are you sure your friend's co-worker wasn't just a few inches past the metrosexual line? Wink

Mabsy
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Mabsy Alohagirl - are you sure your friend's co-worker wasn't just a few inches past the metrosexual line?

We all thought so, but I'm told his GIRLFRIEND disagrees! Very Happy

BTW, I was surprised to find this quote from the guy who invented the term. Apparently "metrosexual" can apply to guys of any *persuasion* Wink

"The typical metrosexual is a young man with money to spend, living in or within easy reach of a metropolis — because that's where all the best shops, clubs, gyms and hairdressers are. He might be officially gay, straight or bisexual, but this is utterly immaterial because he has clearly taken himself as his own love object and pleasure as his sexual preference. Particular professions, such as modeling, waiting tables, media, pop music and, nowadays, sport, seem to attract them but, truth be told, like male vanity products and herpes, they're pretty much everywhere."
—Mark Simpson, "Meet the metrosexual," Salon.com, July 22, 2002

Mabsy

Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! Point well taken! I'm sure she knows best.

Thanks for the metrosexual quote too Alohagirl. I never realised that the term applied to people of both persuations. You learn something new everyday!

Mabsy
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I think it's great that men care enough how they smell and appear. Surprised

Nothing is worse than a smelling man, Sad especially when you want to get closer Very Happy
CARM302
5% products discount

Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
lol, great quote alohagirl Smile I like to be surrounded my my metrosexual men Wink They treat me right. We can do our nails together too!
Mabsy

Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I was at David Jones (dept. store) a few days ago and peeked at the JPG men's makeup range Smile I must say that *I* am actually tempted to get the bronzer! It's Au$65, quite large and it comes with a really nice dense brush. Someone talk me out of it PLEASE! What bronzers (if any) are you currently using and liking?

There's also a nail pen in that range. It's really just a pen with a felt-tip that dispenses some oil. So nothing too special... yet it seems so convenient! Smile

Mabsy
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, how exactly does one apply bronzer?

I assume "bronzer" means a powder for the face that washes off with the rest of your makeup, as opposed to "self tanner" which is a liquid stain that lasts a few days. Is that right?

I've tried using bronzing powder on my face many times unsuccessfully. I always end up with what looks like dirty smudges, or else a fake sunburned look.

What's the trick to getting a "sunkissed glow" like they advertise?

Mabsy

Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Alohagirl,

I think that the trick lies both in the quality of the bronzer (it should be finelly milled I think) but also in the brush that you apply it with. And yes, I am talking of a powder bronzer - so like powder blush but in a 'healthy tan' shade that you put all over your face, neck etc.

I used powder bronzers a few times in the past and got fairly uneven results until I got myself a nice big fluffy brush. Then you just make sure that you don't overload it with powder and build it up to a colour you want.

Mabsy
Goka
5% products discount

Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I find it so hard to grasp that there are men out there who buy makeup and put it on (no the punk-type)! But then again, men are not so different--they do their hair, pick out a nice cologne, go through the closet for an outfit just like the rest of us, and pamper themselves secretly. The only difference is they DENY it. I'm still iffy about the makeup though. My boyfriend already thinks I'm insane--he would really be convinced if I asked to put some makeup on him! And he is not the too-macho man - he does like to be pampered; a little face cream here, some hand moisture there, and he can't live without chapstick--I buy him chapstick practically every other week!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

I'm sorry--I forgot to thank you for your bronzer application advice.

I tried your method with Jane Iredale's bronzing compact and a big, fluffy Kabuki brush. It worked great and I love the result!

Thanks so much!Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

--Alohagirl:P
Mabsy

Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Alohagirl

Glad it worked for you! I'm a big fan of kabuki brushes! Very Happy

Mabsy
jpw

Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Eyeliner? I don't know if I'd wear that. It makes me feel like a drag queen. But I didn't see any foundation for men by JPG... I'm puzzled as to why.
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2004 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I just saw this old thread...

My BF would never ever think about wearing make-up, but for me, I definitely want to give the JPG bronzer a try. I am quite addicted to bronzers, and I am currently using one from Yves Saint Laurent (no 3), which is OK for summer, but probably too dark for use in the winter.

Other good bronzers include:
Guerlain Terracotta (no 1 is great if you're pale, I like no 2)
Versace
Benefit Hoola (but this one is really matt, so the application is a bit tricky)
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |