Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What are the dangers of Copper Peptides?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Are there any dangers to using Copper peptides? also, is 27 too early to use CP?

TIA
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pumaka,

No, not too early in my opinion. Start with the ordinary CP Serum though and build up to a stronger one if you want to.

What are the dangers? Some people complain of 'the uglies'; seems to be that problems from deep within the dermis are surfacing - old scars, pigmentation problems and with people who swear by CPs they carry on and say these things are eliminated for good.

Some other people seem to have bad general effects like dehydrated, stressed skin and this is usually put down to overuse (it tends to happen with the strongest products - SuperCP serum/Supercop x 2) and they're normally fine when they stop using and/or slow down.

Some people have disasterous experiences with their eye area and say it creates new lines.

Personally, I've never experienced any one of these problems. My initial response was good and I felt it thickened the skin and gave it more moisture holding properties, plus a bit of a glow.

I might wait a bit on the eyes though.

It's a long story, but The Neova stable of products uses Dr Pickart of Skinbio's original copper peptide invention, but the percentages are considered to weak to have the repair effect shown in research. Dr Pickart set Skinbio up on his own, but didn't have the rights to use the patent so invented a second kind of copper peptide, this doesn't have the same research behind it. It's had studies proving it's healing properties but not it's anti-aging, wrinkle reducing properties. Still a lot of CP users (including me) use his stuff because at least the percentages are as high as used in the research.

Anyway, the patent expired a little time ago and Dr Pickart keeps saying he's going to use the original copper peptide molecule in a new product specifically because people have problems in the eye area. But we wait and we wait......

Is that confusing?
M Cool
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Molly Smile I get confused! Help pls with 1st generation, 2nd generation... I tried to follow theskincareboard's discussion, but it gives me a headache as to who uses what. What is the best brand for scars/acne/imperfections and for wrinkles? Smile I just want what you say instead Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Molly.

That *is* confusing Smile

Have you heard if there are any toxic build-up issues with copper (I mean accumulation in body with long-term use)?

Which regular Serum are you talking about? Where do you buy yours?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
We meet again JozieGroznie.

I know what you mean. It's so confusing unless you've been following the story for a long time.

There's no point using any brand other than Skinbio's they're too weak.

Start with Skinbio's CP Serum (get 1oz). If you get on OK with that move up to CP Superserum and try a little sample of Supercop x2. This is the most repairing of all, but it's highly comodogenic (spelling?!) and irritating. It's fine for me, but a 'no no' for many.

Buy fromwww.dianayvonne.com the postage is more reasonable than from Skinbio.

HTH M Cool
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pumaka

No toxic build-up. Copper is a substance found naturally in the skin. It's not 'free copper'. It's perfectly natural and healthy, in fact you need this to be present for skin repair.

See my advice to JozieGroznie above for what to buy.

If you want a lot more confusing info it can be had onwww.theskincareboard.com a lot of them are CP users.

HTH M
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Copper peptides bring up damage to the surface in order to get rid of it. In that respect it's not fun to see, but I've continued to use the cp serum. I've had good days and bad days. Those are the times that I rest my skin (no cp). Once I rest my skin, my skin looks better and I start again with the cp.

for some reason this computer posts twice. So, I'm hoping it doesn't do it again.
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Molly,
how long does it take for the uglies to disappear? and do they fall off (like with peels) or just eventually fade?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pumaka,

I'm afraid I never suffered from 'the uglies' and I don't pay much attention to this aspect of things in others reports. I think they just surface and fade there shouldn't be any peeling with CPs.

You can read an account here. She says stuff surfaced for her.
http://www.dianayvonne.com/category/16c.dy/

How long? Months at least. It's slow acting in this regard although I find general skin health picks up quite quickly.

OK M
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I also have been trying out skinbio's night eyes and regular cp serum- I do have senstive skin and have had to use these products very sparingly around my eyes. My eyelids and under eye area get very red and peel from these products so I use the night eyes every 3rd night. I use the cp serum every other day. I'm not sure I'm getting the max. benefits this way, otherwise I'd have to stop them all together. Oh, I forgot. I use emu oil sparingly around my eyes when I use the night eyes product. Don't know if this helps but!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nomoreneckpain

That sounds terrible.
It's not supposed to make you red and peel. There's nothing worse for the skin than that kind of regular inflammation. It obviously doesn't suit your skin. I'm a big fan of CPs but wouldn't it be better to stop using it on your eyes?
Sorry, I don't mean to interfere.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Molly, you are probably right , I have thought of stopping the night eyes. I guess I thought this was a normal side effect-I've read skin bio MD's book and perused their board and some people talk about the "ugly" stage with this product. I don't know maybe the night eyes product is not for me. Thanks for being frank. Idea
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nomore...

I think the uglies creates some confusion, but there's a difference between that and plain old irritation.

A lot of people seem to have trouble with night eyes. It's not a very good product in my opinion.
Sambi

Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I've come across a page that describes the difference between "real copper peptides" and "fake" ones...

It explains that:

Quote:
" Typically, other products claiming to contain copper peptides contain copper salts mixed with peptides or proteins. If the copper product has a greenish tint, that is a sure sign that copper salts, rather than copper peptides, were used. Copper salts are generally irritating and not easily utilized by the body. If the ingredients label simply reads: copper peptide, or copper peptides - it is not true GHK:Cu copper.

We suggest you check your product labels for GHK copper, which would be listed as Prezatide Copper Acetate, Copper Tripeptide-1 or Alanine/Histidine/Lysine Polypeptide Copper HC1. If you find that your product does not contain any of those ingredients listed above, then you do not have a true copper peptide product."

Is this true?

I tried checking out the ingredients in SkinBio's CuPeptides, and it doesn't have any of the above listed compounds/elements. Also, from reviews, their SuperCop or SuperCop x2 products seem to be greenish in colour, which matches what is said above about them using copper salts and not real copper peptides.

I then tried to research ingredients of diff products, and after like researches on 6 different well known products, the only one I found to match a real copper peptide formula, was the copper peptide provided by:

NuGlowSkincare[dot]com

I would like more feedback on this plz.

I always thought that SkinBio had the real deal and some of the best copper peptide products. However, when matching what is said above and comparing, it falls into the fake copper peptide category.

Any clues and anyone tried the products of NuGlowSkincare?

Thanks!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I am one of the people who experienced facial loosening from CP's even though I gradually increased the strength VERY slowly. I wouldn't touch 'em with a 10 foot pole. When you are younger, you might not "show" the negatives as easily, but as an older woman, it is more risky. It was most damaging product I've ever used on my skin.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I think with CPs they are rather like Retin A in that they need to be used long term to really produce their results. With loosening though, I think Dr Pickart he explains that this is part of the remodelling process, and that over time it continues to tighten up. Obviously though its sensible to start out slowly with the weaker strengths and work up. I've used them for a long time now without issue.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:11 am      Reply with quote
With all that I've read there seems little evidence, or promotion of CPs as an ANTI ageing product. It is touted as a skin renewal regime, which is differant.
I've noticed when younger posters find the SB forum- Dr P ignores the post.
When he saw my close up pic he commented "why do you need CPs?" Confirming to me that with little/no wrinkles it wouldn't be of use.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Sambi wrote:
I've come across a page that describes the difference between "real copper peptides" and "fake" ones...

It explains that:

Quote:
" Typically, other products claiming to contain copper peptides contain copper salts mixed with peptides or proteins. If the copper product has a greenish tint, that is a sure sign that copper salts, rather than copper peptides, were used. Copper salts are generally irritating and not easily utilized by the body. If the ingredients label simply reads: copper peptide, or copper peptides - it is not true GHK:Cu copper.

We suggest you check your product labels for GHK copper, which would be listed as Prezatide Copper Acetate, Copper Tripeptide-1 or Alanine/Histidine/Lysine Polypeptide Copper HC1. If you find that your product does not contain any of those ingredients listed above, then you do not have a true copper peptide product."

Is this true?

I tried checking out the ingredients in SkinBio's CuPeptides, and it doesn't have any of the above listed compounds/elements. Also, from reviews, their SuperCop or SuperCop x2 products seem to be greenish in colour, which matches what is said above about them using copper salts and not real copper peptides.

I then tried to research ingredients of diff products, and after like researches on 6 different well known products, the only one I found to match a real copper peptide formula, was the copper peptide provided by:

NuGlowSkincare[dot]com

I would like more feedback on this plz.

I always thought that SkinBio had the real deal and some of the best copper peptide products. However, when matching what is said above and comparing, it falls into the fake copper peptide category.

Any clues and anyone tried the products of NuGlowSkincare?

Thanks!

I wouldn't worry that the 2nd geration CPs of Skin Biologys have a green tint to them. What SB is saying about the green tint in your quote is referring to the 1st generation CPs made from Dr Pickarts development of GHK-Cu.

The patent for GHK-Cu has expired, so you may find products that contain it. But if you see a product that claims to have it check to make sure it is listed as one of these ingredients:
GHK copper would be listed as Prezatide Copper Acetate, Copper Tripeptide-1 or Alanine/Histidine/Lysine Polypeptide Copper HC1.

The product in your link does have the real CPs 1st gen in it. It looks interesting and might be worth a try.

The 2nd gen CPs (which are most of the products offered by Skin Bio) still have a patent. You won't be seeing any other products out there that use that ingredient for copper peptides for a while. (Which is diff than the GHK-Cu one) Even the GHK-Cu that SB offers(Super GHK) has quite a lot of CPs in it compared to products offered by other companies. Skin Bios is still good stuff IMHO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I strongly discourage using CPs if you have youthful, undamaged skin. Count me in as one of those people whose skin was ruined for more than one year from very sparing, measured use of GHK-copper from SB. So, to mountaingirl, my skin was ruined (and has never quite recovered, but still is MUCH better) at the age of 30. i just think that cps are not for everyone, and it's not worth the gamble to find out. because, when you are one of the ones for whom it DOESN'T work, it's pretty bad. not like a break out, but a loosening of skin, major loss of elasticity, and enlargening of pores, bumpiness, etc. that lasts a year.
now, if you have severely damaged skin and have tried everything else, it might be worth a try.
But, to reprise Alien's caution, cps are NOT an ANTI-AGING regime. I'm one of the ones as well that Dr. P told he thought it was ludicrous that I would even use his product in the first place.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Avalange,

Before reading your comment, I was about to order GHK serum to see if it could diminish my very deep NL furrow.

I really need a second thought.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:15 am      Reply with quote
When you speak of this GHK serum, are you talking about the Copper Peptide serum or is the GHK serum a totally different thing?
I couldn't imagine damaging my skin like that....what a horror story.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Bren,

I am talking about GHK serum.

http://store.reverseskinaging.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=61

It is the first generation & the mildest one.

ETA:

From your signature,just realized that you're using NCN Matrixyl 3000 serum; how long have you been using it & do you find it?
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:33 am      Reply with quote
ahh...ok...so would you say the CP serum has fewer possible side effects than the GHK? I am currently using the CP serum and would hate to have something horrible happen to my skin....

I've been using the Matrixyl 3000 serum for about a month I guess? What I have noticed thus far is my skin looks much nicer from a shorter distance when looking in the mirror..I was getting to the point of avoiding this while putting on makeup Laughing...but I noticed one day that my skin just looked smoother up close...I've also noticed some firming under my chin...not completely firmed up, but much better...I will say that I had a few bottles of the Line Eliminator lying around and have been using that up as well (From the Lips2Kiss line, which by the way has the Matrixyl 3000 in it as well) very sticky stuff, can't stand it after it's on...eeewww...but the combo seems to be working for me so I am sticking with it...I had a shallow line on the side of my cheek about an inch or so long, from smiling that has greatly diminished which I am happy to see...so I would gather a guess that Matrixyl 3000 agrees with my skin....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
ahh...ok...so would you say the CP serum has fewer possible side effects than the GHK? .....

From what I have read in the forum, side effects of CP serum are much worse than those of GHK.
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:52 am      Reply with quote
From what I read: the first Generation GHK CPs are a differant animal completely from the second generation serums currently only sold by Skin Biology.

The second gen being "stonger". I'll repeat that the efficacy studies for Skin Biology and CPs were done on the First generation GHK and specificaly for wound care (pressure or diabetic ulcers). So the theory involves wounding the skin in various severities to get the CPs to creat NEW skin- There is no proof it influances the existing dermis-wrinkles. Unless of course you purposefully turn the wrinkle into an open wound with heavy acids, dermabrasion, dermarolling, etc

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |