Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Skin care for Mature
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
toey
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:45 am      Reply with quote
If anyone can recommend on skin care product (brand) for age of 50 up?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:54 am      Reply with quote
It really depends on your particular skin concerns, but here are just some that I know of:

Janson Beckett - Skin Prep & Alpha Derma CE for firming and a non-surgical alternative to Botox

Cellular Skin Rx - Also do non-surgical Botox alternatives, like their Relax-a-Line and another version with Vialox

PSF (Pure Skin Formulations) - Quite a few things in their range that you might be interested in, including the Firming Toner and the Stimu-Coll Eye Serum

Remergent - Their range seems to be geared towards repairing damage to the skin

Valmont - Expensive, but lots of very good quality skincare treatments.

Amino Genesis - Tripeptinon and Photolagen are both very popular on here for repairing damage and firming skin

Reviva also do a DMAE serum, which is good for firming

Some people seem to get good results from using Copper Peptides and Retinol for discolouration, the appearance of lines, etc

If I were you, I'd do a search in the forum on any of these products that interest you. There are loads of reviews and some very useful info.

Best of luck!
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi toey,

What is it you want in terms of "over 50" skin care?

Are you concerned about lines? Are you bothered by hyperpigmentation? Do you want something that firms?

I just turned 55 ... Confused ... but I'm quite sure that the things I use for my skin might not answer what you need for yours.

I currently use OCM for cleansing ... and various DIY toners, moisturizers and treatments ... all of which are working well for my skin problems/conditions.

Since everyone is different, I think it would be silly to simply recommend a line that's geared towards this age group. What's more, it would be silly for you to purchase such a line unless what that line targets is what you need for your own skin type and condition.

Give us a bit more information and that way we can advise based on what your skin is or isn't doing rather than on your age group.

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
My mom uses DHC. Specifically for moisturizing their coenzyme q10 cream (very popular).
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Besides Botox Rolling Eyes

I use TNS & I've liked it but I think once I use up my current stash I'm going to look for something else.....
DMAE Serum
Vitamin C
Tazorac - again, once this tube is finished I'm going to ask the doctor about what's new in the retinol department.
AlphaDerma CE - for sure, for sure!
PSF StimuColl-C Intensive Eye Serum - another for sure, for sure!
Kiehl's Avocado eye cream is super because it doesn't migrate (extra important after 50 Neutral )
Cellcosmet Ultra Vital moisturizers
or
Nelly du Vuyst Elastin & Collagen Cream & Prep

I'm also test driving the new Janson Beckett night cream & like it so far.
Still searching for the right sunscreen & I can't seem to narrow down to the best exfoliator (I'm thinking that the one that moves my skin around the least will be the one I pick) . The Ice Elements 2 Minute one is currently coming out on top.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm also test driving the new Janson Beckett night cream & like it so far.

Ruth, I also have been using this for several day. Loving it! Dancing It is so spreadable and not heavy. I notice an immediate tightening yet moisturizing. Are you also using it around your eyes as suggested? It does a nice job of firming the eye area. Anxious to see results several weeks down the road.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Can anybody let me have the website of Janson Beckett? I want to learn more about this brand.
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:27 am      Reply with quote
http://www.janson-beckett.com
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I do use this around my eyes & it the area does feel tighter. I love the fact that the cream isn't heavy - I have oily skin & it still sinks right in. I'd recommend this for mature skin & not yet mature skin Smile
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot, Ocha.
maliktai
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

My skin is 56 years old. It has always been slightly oily but now seems to be more normal. The problem I am facing is getting enough moisture. I have few wrinkles and minimal pigmentation problems. There is no getting around the march of time and loss of gravity.

I have tried loads of products, from drugstore to high end. Right now, I am using Skin Medica cleanser, Cellular Skin RX's Vitamin C and Age Limit Refinishing Serum. Sometimes I use their Line Relaxer just because I have a few samples. At this moment, I am using Kinerase's Under Eye Rescue.

It seems to be working well. Once a week, I use Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel or Queen Helene Mint Mask. I prefer not to use a lot of products because I've found that (1) quantity does not matter and (2) I don't think skin needs to be bombarded with a plethora of products.

Radiant Skin Shoppe, Make Me Heal and Cellular Skin RX all have trial sizes available. While you cannot gauge if a treatment product will ultimately address your concerns, you can get an idea of how it feels on your skin, if you have an allergic reaction, or perhaps its potential for success.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ruthmarion,

I am glad to see your comment on Nelly de Vuyst. Because I also like some of the products from this line but some of my friends told me it didn't work out for them at all. Other than Collagen cream and prep, do you have any items you'd like to recommend? I have not tried the Collage cream and prep, which are good for what? What I'm using are ampoules (purovin and optivin, sp??) and cream 2. I'm looking for more which could work out for my oily, big pored skin. sigh.. Thanks for the post.

jeannie
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |