Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Daily Make-up Routine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I actually don't wear very much most of the time, usually a little concealer under the eyes and on any blemishes and sometimes tinted lip gloss.

If it's a fancier evening, some mascara (I know, I know, not much but can you believe the first time I wore it in a LONG time, my SO noticed it!!!!)
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Sometimes I think I wear too much. Recently I started using foundation again after just using concealor and powder, and a tinted moisturizer every now and again. I don't know if I really need foundation, but part of it is, I just have fun putting on makeup!!

I pretty much do it all, everyday, but I make sure it's all natural looking. No heavy eyeliner or bright red cheeks. I love bronzer and highlighter, and neutral, sheer eyeshadows.

Once, a coworker asked me, "Are you wearing foundation?" and I got defensive, like, "why?!" and she said, "You have beautiful skin!" so I said, "Oh, well, thank you, no I'm not wearing any foundation." Laughing Bad Grin
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've really started to cut back with longer work hours, warmer days, and better looking skin. I've pared it down to concealer on two persistent broken capillaries and under my eyes, blush, eye shadow blended where I'd normally put liner, a quick brush of mascara on my upper lashes, and if I have time, a tiny bit of Chanel's Sheer Brilliance on my cheeks, forehead, and chin. Sally Hansen's lip plumper stuff (name escapes me) doubles as gloss in the car on the way to work. I find that eye liner looks to heavy on me if I don't go the nine yards with foundation and with various shades of eye shadows blended together. I save the whole she-bang for weekend nights out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I do alot, but I try not to make it look like alot. Smile

I'll do concealer, foundation, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner (most times, but not all), mascara, lipstick. And if I need it, I'll dust some powder in areas that have too much shine.

I LOVE putting on makeup most days ... it's fun! I have a ton of makeup that I'll probably never use up ... but I can't resist buying new stuff. Very Happy
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
My make-up routine puts the high in high maintenance...
primer
concealer
powder-foundation
silk dust
eye base
eye liner
eyeshadow over liner and in crease
mascara
blush
high lighter
lip gloss

High maintenance just means high quality, baby! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
I do a lot just to look like I have no makeup on. Laughing

Everyday I use mineral foundation, blush, sometimes highlighter, loose powder, eyeshadow, liner, mascara and lipstick, usually a YLBB shade.

I've noticed it's the liner and mascara that generally give me a more made-up appearance.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I do a lot too. Concealer, mineral foundation, blush, bronzer, MAC blot (can't live without it), eye shadow base, eye shadow in natural shade, eyeliner, lipstick + gloss. I look sick without eyeliner. Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I prefer the more natural look, I now only wear a little concealer, blusher and eye liner.
On saying that I still love to shop for make-up!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
hehe I used to wear sooo much in high school (I am now in my early 20s) that was enough for a photoshoot everday Embarassed now i'm more focused on skincare, so here are my everyday essentails:

SUNSCREEEN!!!

CONCEALER!!

EYELINER !

hehe anything else gets added if I still have time.

I prefer to look natural during the day and really knock them out at night Bad Grin
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I work part time in an image conscious industry, so my makeup routine
entails

concealer
brow groomer
mmu foundation
eye base
eyeshadow
eyeliner
mascara
lipstick
lipgloss
blush
bronzer/luminizer
oil-control powder
spritz to set makeup

so much so that i feel "naked" going out without makeup. the colors i use are very natural though..ie taupe eyeshadows and brown liner..so it's not as bad as it looks Razz
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have a ton of makeup Embarassed . Most days I just use concealer (a must!), powder bronzer, eyeliner, mascara, and gloss or balm. But when I'm going out somewhere special, I use primer, concealer, highlighter mixed with foundation, powder, bronzer, eyeshadow, liner, mascara, blush, more highlighter on browbone, cheekbones, lipliner, lipstick, gloss--then I spritz with spring water. My husband thinks I'm naturally pretty Wink
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Jala wrote:
I have a ton of makeup Embarassed . Most days I just use concealer (a must!), powder bronzer, eyeliner, mascara, and gloss or balm. But when I'm going out somewhere special, I use primer, concealer, highlighter mixed with foundation, powder, bronzer, eyeshadow, liner, mascara, blush, more highlighter on browbone, cheekbones, lipliner, lipstick, gloss--then I spritz with spring water. My husband thinks I'm naturally pretty Wink

hehe yeh! My bf always like my nerdy non-makeup look :P
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:
hehe yeh! My bf always like my nerdy non-makeup look :P

Laughing My husband tells me I'm "naturally" pretty with a face full of m/u on! Just shows, I must be getting really good at it!

Now, my bf..he likes just a hint of gloss Wink
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Usually it's a tinted moisturizer from Neutrogena or Almay, concealer, loose powder (or if I'm using Guerlain Meteorites or L'Oreal Translucide powder, I just use concealer and skip the TM), a creamy highlighter like Revlon Skinlights, clear brow gel, black mascara and a pinky lipgloss. If I'm feeling fancy, I'll swish on some bronzey eyeshadow Smile (I used to do elaborate faces all the time and got tired of it, I guess).

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it's really a lot of work to look natural... Very Happy

- sunscreen
- concealer
- mu
- powder
- blush
- lipliner
- lipstick and/or lipgloss
- highlighter
- at least 2 e/s
- e/s for eyebrow
- e/s for eyeliner

and my friends also think that I wear no mu Shock Laughing
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:26 am      Reply with quote
During the day...

-Juice Beauty tinted 30+ (so I get a tiny bit of coverage)

-JI concealer (under eyes)

-Dr H. Mascara (but not always as I get my eyelashes tinted)

-Sometimes I will use a bit of JI bronzer as blush, and lately I have been wearing the smallest amount of Dr H. black eyeliner as well.

People always say to me "your so lucky you don't have to wear makeup!" haha... If only they knew!! Cool

At night I wear more.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
GraceK, you got that right, it cetainly takes time, effort and money to look natural. The older I get the more care I take with application so as to look more rested, ie more youthfull,the endless pursuit....

moisturizer and or primer.
mmu foundation.
concealer, sometimes eyemakeup primer.
blush, bronzer.
eyeshadows, eyeliner, and mascara, sometimes liner sealant.
lipgloss,or occassionally lipstick and liner.
Most of the mu is mmu so it always look sheer. I don't do this everyday, but only the days I work or have something important to do. I do think it's important to have no makeup days to let your skin breathe. IMO
makeup primer
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I wear some when I'm working otherwise I don't so my skin has a break.

Neutrogena spf 55 dry touch
Almay clearing liquid foundation (tan)
Almay liquid concealer (med)
Almay powder clearing foundation under eyes thick (bisk)
Almay powder clearing foundation buffed over entire face (sand)

I use allot of different shades to get a good finished look. Sometimes I use bronzer too, but only very lightly!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Work Makeup:
Benetint Cheek Stain
Bobby Brown blush
Primer Laura Mercier
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer or Tru Blend to cover imperfections.
Benefit Eyebrow Powder
MAC Concealer where needed
Mascara
Vanilla MAC eyeshadow
Lip gloss

Weekend Makeup:
Bronzer (cheap NYC works the best for me)
Concealer if needed
Benetint Cheek Stain
Benefit Eyebrow Powder (I have a scar that I HAVE to cover)
Lipgloss
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
In the summer, only concealer, a little cream blush, lipstain, mascara, and sometimes eyeliner. In winter, I wear foundation to keep my face warm. I don't like eyeshadow unless it's completely flesh colored, and then, what's the use?
My only absolute musts are concealer and mascara, though.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
concealer or mmu foundation
eyeshadow
curl eyelashes
lipstick or gloss
loose powder
blush

this year onward i am trying to go for the no makeup makeup look.. damn its really hard! i am working on my skin care so hopeflly one day soon i can go without concealer or foundation

what are your favorite no-makeup makeup products?

i like benefit's eye bright pencil. i always have a hard time finding a really natural looking blush. i have used benefit's dandilion, nars orgasm.. doesnt look natural on me Sad
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I really like Maybelline's mousse blush. I use a bright pink color, which is out of the norm for me, but I like it better than all my expensive stuff. It gives me a natural flush and blends in really well. I just daba a little on the apples of my cheeks with my finger and rub it around a little.
glee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:07 am      Reply with quote
My make up routine:
1. sunscreen (this is the most important thing! i was told by my derm that if there was only one thing i could wear, this would be it)
2. concealer
3. a little bit of loose powder so that my face has this matte look
4. a wash of eyeshadow
5. lipstick

(i have semi permanent eyelashes put on and that's why i don't need eyeliner nor mascara)
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:30 am      Reply with quote
I'm trying to be a bit more diligent with my daily beauty routine, hopefully this will pay off in next 20 years or so! But I always make sure I'm wearing sunscreen everyday now, I also keep my skin well hydrated & don't wear too much pore-clogging make-up. I have actually been trying to convert to mostly mineral make-up lately & even though it takes a bit more effort, I really like it! Very Happy
ceress

Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Yep I agree with the Safire, I never skim with sunscreen. I try to keep my makeup routine to 10min max. Sunscreen, concealer, loose powder followed by a little blush and chapstick.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |