Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Mascara suggestions, anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, i'm looking for a mascara that will give me that dramatic look i.e. false lashes. The only thing i ask for is that it won't smudge and give me raccoon eyes on my lower lids. Thanks ladies!
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:38 am      Reply with quote
If you're after that "falshe lash" effect, you should definitely try the YSL mascara called "Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils", I think the English name is "luxurious mascara" or something similar.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:02 am      Reply with quote
I don't normally wear any mascara, but I've heard pretty good reviews for DiorShow (but I think this is one more for extra volume rather than the falsh lash effect??), and virtually all of the Lancome mascaras are supposed to be quite good. But I can't really comment on any seeing as I've never tried them Embarassed
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
I just bought DHC Long Lash mascara. I think it produces some dramatically long lashes, and it never smudges or flakes off during the day.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
DiorShow!!!
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I use YSL also, I don't know if it's the one Nemi is talking about, but it's in a gold tube. I like it, but it's $25, which is kind of a lot to me. Lancome Definicils or L'extreme with their Cils Booster are both good too.

A drug store one that I always liked is L'oreal Voluminous. I think that & the Lancome booster works just as well.
Elfie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I use the YSL and love it. Only problem is you have to follow the directions and wipe the wand with a tissue at least weekly. Since I don't wear mascara that often it means I am wiping the wand every time I use it. The YSL mascara make my lashes look they are made of mink. Long thick and silky.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Does the YSL smudge a lot?
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Nope. I have contacts and use eyedrops like nobody's business and I don't have a problem with smudging. You might actually want to use makeup remover to make sure you get it all off; face wash doesn't always do it.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I use FIBERWIG mascara, similar to EDS' BLINC KISS ME.

- It gives fake thick fiber lashes,
- and easy to remove (will not give us wrinkles)!
- no racoon eyes!
- waterproof (but can be removed with warm water)
- great for day/night use.

** you have to try fiber mascara, it feels so gentle on our lashes!
** I am still searching for a nice eyeliner that is smudgeproof and is also easy to remove. I hate having to rub mascara/eyeliner off Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I really love Lancome Definicils. Doesn't smudge and I think you can build it up on your lashes to make them appear fairly long. I keep trying to find something cheaper, but it's the best one I've found for me so I'm going to keep buying it even though it is pricey. Very Happy
Elfie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:44 am      Reply with quote
If you're really bad-you wake up in the morning with beautiful lashes Embarassed . The YSL only comes off when you want it to. I once worked a 16 hour shift, came home went to bed, worked a 12 hour shift went to bed and woke up with not a single smudge. My lashes looked a tad worn, but it was all there.
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I love to use smashbox eyelash primer then a coat of Bare Escentuals brushless wand mascara. Wait a minute and use my estee lauder Manga scopic mascara.

And no I don't look like Tami Faye Baker when I am done. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
joziegrozy, where to get the Fiberwig mascara?
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I also highly recommend the YSL mascara. I have tried nearly every brand, from Lancome to Prescriptives, and this is my favourite. Does not smudge on me at all as well.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
i really like maybeline volume express..ive tried diorshow and benefit badgal mascara and i actually get better results with the drugstore brand for some reason Shock
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've been alternating between diorshow, featherlash, and almay bright lash lately. I don't plan on repurchasing ds but the other 2 are keepers, imo.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
joziegrozy, where to get the Fiberwig mascara?

Hello Dollbird Smile I got them from Japan. But EDS sells the same BLINC Kiss Me Mascara that a lot of ppl rave about too Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks joziegrozy! Smile
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
I got pink eye last week...YUCK....and had to throw out my YSL. I decided to try MAC's Fibre Rich based on my friend's rave about it. It has actual fibers in it that adhere to your lashes to make them look fuller and longer. I don't want to get it all infected so I'm waiting till I'm done with my antibiotics, but has anyone tried it before?
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Sushi, i've tried it a while ago when they did a make-up on me. It was ok, as I recall, but I didn't like it enough to purchase.

I think I've tried all MAC's mascaras (unless they've come out with a new one in the last 6+ months) and they have not impressed me. A MAC manager once confided "we don't make good mascaras."

They made a really good mascara until EL bought them over. I noticed a difference right away and so did someone else I knew.

Love a lot of their other products though!

Of course, you may have a different experience, and they may have improved the formula.

Maybe you can get into the store and try it out?

Good luck!

mg Smile
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I like Lancome's Hypnose. I've also heard raves about DiorShow. Another line you should look in would be Anna Sui for that dramatic look, a lot of people rave about that brand as well.

HTH
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I don’t wear mascara anymore since I was able to cultivate the look of false lashes using a couple of holy grail lash growth serums and then tinting my lashes with the 1000 Hours DIY Lash Tint kit, but I have a friend that works at the YSL counter at a department store in Austin and she gave me a tube of
Yves Saint Laurent “Luxurious Mascara for a False Lash Effect” and I tested it out just for grins. I have to tell you, using that mascara in conjunction with my own super long and lush lashes resulted in my eyelashes being so long and thick that they would scrape the lens of my sunglasses and would actually tickle my brow hairs because the lashes were nearly an inch long by that point! Shock So you might want to think about trying this mascara from YSL – so if you can get a sample from a YSL counter. If not, just remember to keep your receipt so that you can return the product if you decide it doesn’t work for you.

Two other things to consider in order to avoid the dreaded “raccoon eyes:”

1) apply mascara to top lashes only. If you absolutely MUST use something on the lower lashes to define them, consider using a clear mascara instead; or

2) Get your lashes tinted (or do it yourself using the aforementioned 1000 Hours kit) so that you don’t need to wear mascara on the lower lashes to darken or define them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Carekate, what did you use to make your lashes grow? I bought Ardell Lash Accelerator, but threw it out when I got Pink Eye.

I have dark lashes, so I mostly just want to make them look longer.
jn1234
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have very short eye lashes. Usually, I put on mascara base first and then apply mascara. My favourite mascara base is Lancome mascara booster CIL XXL.

I used Lancome Definicils a few years but I got a sample of Lancome L'Extreme. It is excellent! It makes my lashes look much longer and much thicker! I probably will buy L'Extreme next time.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |