Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is the best way to apply Dr H Bronzing Concentrate
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am getting a sample from a order that I placed and since I don't use any Dr H moisterizers what would you suggest. I do use Jurlique HRG in the am. I have some color on my face. I usually use Dr H foundation #1 in winter & #2 in summer.

Thanks

skin:normal/slight t-zone
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Add it into your moisturizer. It's meant to be a "foundation" of sorts, so, it essentially makes a tinted moisturizer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I love this stuff! It's my HG bronzing product b/c it is sheer and glowy and never looks fake.

Anyway, I either mix a few drops in with moisturizer or sunscreen and apply it that way.

Or, I put a few drops on the palms of my hands, sorta pat them together to get the product spread out in a thin layer on my palms, then gently "press" it onto my face. This generally produces an even veil of color and I generally don't need to rub it in at all. I'll add more if I feel that I need it. I usually will put it onto to the tops of my cheekbones/cheeks, chin, bridge of the nose and forehead and a touch around the eyes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Nijey wrote:
Oh, I love this stuff! It's my HG bronzing product b/c it is sheer and glowy and never looks fake.

Here, here!

I am very pale, a "recovering goth," as my friends joke, but, upon seeing how amazingly natural the concentrate "bronzed" my hand when I tried it at Sephora, I couldn't resist.

I don't use it very often, but, when I get into my "Lost" mode, I put a Tarina Tarantino orchid in my hair, whip out the Dr. Hauschka and give myself a faux island glow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I am very fair, I use it as a contour product, to my temples, cheekbones, ect. I really like it. You can use it in so many different ways as well.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, yes, yes....I do love the Dr. H Bronze Concentrate. I also add it to moisturizer with SPF for a sheer, natural "glow." I stopped tanning about two years ago, when I got serious into skin care. Then I used self-tanners, religiously, for two summers. This summer, I've decided not to spend the time it takes to maintain a "natural" looking self-tan, and am enjoying my fresh, truly natural, pale complexion. (ok, I do someimtes use the Jergen's on weekends) The Dr. H mixture gives me just a hint of natural color and skip foundation. I love the look AND the extra time that I used to spend constantly exfoliating and applying self-tanner on my whole body!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I can't wait to dig out my bottle of Dr. H Bronzing Concentrate which I bought last summer and decided I hated after one use because it made my face look grungy! You'd think the word "concentrate" would have alerted me to the fact that it should be mixed with something. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Too funny!

phredd wrote:
Quote:
I can't wait to dig out my bottle of Dr. H Bronzing Concentrate which I bought last summer and decided I hated after one use because it made my face look grungy! You'd think the word "concentrate" would have alerted me to the fact that it should be mixed with something.

I did the very same thing! I know exactly how it looked and felt, and "grungy" is the perfect adjective. I use more moisturizer than Bronzing Concentrate by putting a little moisturizer in my palm, and (gently) squirt just a little bit of the bronzer product and mix it with one of those little spatuala's.

To those who have never used Dr. H Bronzing concentrate, be careful when applying pressure to the pump....it tends to release product very quickly and because it's a thinner consistency, it's not difficult to end up with a mess. Also, the product does tend to dry in the little pump, which sometimes comes out with the product in tiny dried specks. I always have a Q-tip and tissue handy when I use in case that happens, or I'll pump just a little bit of product into a tissue before using. (I hope all that made sense!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Put a TINY drop of it in your moisturizer and mix it thoroughly (or the tone will go on unevenly) in your hands. Try using less to begin with, as it creates a "tone to the skin rather than a "color" like makeup does.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:23 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the others - add a LITTLE bit to your moisturizer. A little goes a loooong way.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:15 am      Reply with quote
i received the pkg from Saffron Rogue so I will be trying the Dr H today mixed with my jurlique HRG. Will let you know.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
well I mixed the Dr H with my HRG gel this am and applied it to my face. It gave a wonderful glow to my skin Iam slightly tan so it did not look dark. I lightly dusted some rice powder on the t-zone and blush and my face looks and feels great. I will be using this as the Dr H foundation for the summer. My skin care with Primivara the other Dr H is great so I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the tips for usage.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I agree the Bronze Concentrate is so versatile, in the summer when I am tanned, I apply it undiluted to contours, nose and forehead.
I also mix with the Normalising Day Oil or Jojoba Oil and it mixes well with MAC's Strobe Cream for using as a highlighter.
Oh and it smells wonderful too Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:08 am      Reply with quote
well here is another way that i found to use the product. I use the Dr H foundation in #2 in the summer I mixed the #2 with the Bronze Concentrate and it really gave me a nice glow and look to my face. Actually no need for blush. The amount of #2 was pea size and one light squirt of the Bronze and I was set. So Iam sure that it will last through the day. I love this stuff Laughing Laughing Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |