Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Tripeptinon or Prevage
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have been browsing this forum very regularly and due to all the reviews and recommendations am now using the Cellcosmet and IS Clinical line. My skin was doing really well and now is going through a bit of a rough patch - I am attributing it to the change in the weather.

I am very intrigued by the Tripeptinon capsules I have been reading the reviews about here. I would like to try them but have also been considering Prevage. Unfortunately, since I am in Canada, I cannot obtain the Prevage MD.

I would be grateful if anyone could comment on making a choice between the two. I have sensitive combination skin.

Thanks.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
samkaj welcome to the forum!

Concerning Prevage, I am not convinced that it is as great a product as Allergan markets it to be. IMO it mainly has antioxidant benefits and if you look at their studies they compare Prevage to other antioxidants but they do not compare it to antioxidant combinations. So something like Proheal with several antioxidants may offer better antioxidant protection than Prevage alone. If you decide to try Prevage be careful. I noticed that you have sensitive skin and people have been known to have reactions to the Prevage.

I would go with the Tripeption. In fact this is one item that I have been considering adding to my routine but have been reluctant to try it because it has a lot of silicones which I am not a big fan of. The Tripeption has Ubiquinone which is an antioxidant similar to idebenone (the antioxidant in Prevage). It also has the Amino Genesis amino acids and while they do not have a tremendous amount of scientific backing either they may offer some benefit. What really impresses me is the results that other members have had with the Tripeption.

I use the IS Clinical Proheal serum and also use some Cellcosmet Products (Eye Cream, Purifying Gel and I just purchased the Cleansing Cream and Sensitive Day Cream). What products are using from these lines and what is your opinion of them?
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply, TheresaL.

I use the Cellcosmet sensitive day and night cream; I use the gel cleanser in the summer months and the cream cleanser in winter - I love their cleansers! Also the eye contour cream.

From the IS Clinical line, I use the super serum in the morning and the Active in the night and the Hydra-Cool once a day - a few nights I alternate the Active with the Firming Complex.

All these are working well - I just feel I need that extra oomph - perhaps to add brightness to my skin. I am starting to notice the odd breakout now with the warmer weather as well.

I had also read about the reactions to the Prevage and was wary about it. The tripeptinon does sound good.
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi samkaj & welcome!
I've been using the ISC line for several months. I switched from super & active to pro-heal & poly-vit, and I'm getting very good results (no more dry flakey skin).
I've been using tripeptinon for 2 weeks at night & absolutely love it! My skin feels so soft & plumped in the morning.
I just started using OTC prevage in the mornings, too early to tell if there's any improvements, but no bad reactions as of yet.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
kls- What results did you get from tripeptinon that you could not get from ISC? Could you compare the results of ISC super & active to proheal & poly-vit? Thanks.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone else please tell me what benefits they have gotten from the Tripep? I keep reading that their skin is plump in the mornings, but so is mine if I put aloe vera gel on it at night. Mine should be in the mail, but now I'm hoping I'm not disappointed. It's a lot of money for just plump morning skin. TIA!
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Tidieu- The tripeptinon seems to make my skin feel very soft, more moisturized & it feels firmer to the touch. (When I press my cheek, it seems to "bounce" back quicker, if that makes sense). I'm noticing that my neck looks firmer too. Also, my skin is starting to get a glow to it, and looks much brighter & clearer.
I don't know if it's just the tripeptinon or the combination of products I'm using right now, but I'm seeing very good results this past few weeks.

When I was using the super & active, my skin became very dry, rough & flakey. Maybe this was a stage my skin was going through, but after 2 months I couldn't take it anymore. I can't say if it was the super or the active (or both together) that did this, but when I switched to pro-heal & poly-vit my skin began to improve quite quickly. It's softer, no dryness & seems to be exfoliating well with no extra microdermabrasion or peels. (I'm starting to realize that if I don't keep my skin exfoliated, I start getting blemishes forming under the skin).
I should also add that I've been using Burt's Bees orange cleanser followed by DHCC once a day for the past week, and it's really cleaning out the congested pores & closing them up.
HTH.
P.S. Sorry for the long post, I get quite long-winded at times! Laughing
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
kls- Thanks. Your post is great. I really apreciate it. It gave me the details I need.
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:52 am      Reply with quote
kls - I too appreciate the long post and the information. I would have thought that two vitamin products might cause vitamin overload for the skin but you are not experiencing that. Do you use the proheal in the night (due to the retinol in it) and the poly vitamin in the morning? I think I may decide to switch myself to these two products. Also, what type of skin do you have, generally speaking?
Thanks.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
samkaj I know you are asking kls about her experiencs but let me share some imformation.

About PolyVitamin and Proheal, I was at one time considering using both and emailed IS Clinical about combining the two since they both have Vitamin A and Vitamin E and they replied that there would be no vitamin overload if you use both.

About the Proheal, I use it in the morning. I never heard any convincing reason not to use retinol in the morning. I have heard that you need to use retinoids at night because they are deactivated by sunlight. I wonder if retinol is also deactivated by sunlight. Since I use retinoids at night I am not using the Proheal for the retinol so I am not really concerned if the retinol is deactivated by sunlight. For me I primarily use the Proheal for the Vitamin C and antioxidants and feel that for this reason it is best used in the morning.

BTW our Cellcosmet regimes are almost the same except for the Sensitve Night Cream. Although I might be adding that too if I get a sample and like it!! Smile
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi TheresaL
I'm intrigued. What is it you have against silicones? Is it personal or do you know something interesting?
Thanks M
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Samkaj- I'm using Pro-Heal in the morning, Poly-Vit at night. There was quite a discussion here a couple of months ago about the amount of retinol in Pro-Heal. If I remember correctly, it was quite small.
samkaj wrote:
what type of skin do you have, generally speaking?

Unfortunately I haven't quite figured that one out yet! I thought it was very dry, but after using various moisturizers it became oily & congested. If I treat it as oily, it gets dry & flakey Rolling Eyes
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Hi TheresaL
I'm intrigued. What is it you have against silicones? Is it personal or do you know something interesting?
Thanks M

Hi Molly,
It is really just a personal preference! I don't think they are bad or anything. In fact I have the Dermalogica Barrier Repair on right now and that has a lot of silicones.

I started noticing that when I used hair products with a lot of silicones that it was very hard to wet my hair to shampoo it and my shampoo didn't lather well at all. It just makes me feel that I am coating my skin and I do not like the feel of that everyday. A lot of the products that I use have small amounts of silicones and I use those everyday. For products that are mostly silicones, I prefer to use those only occasionaly. Like the Barrier Repair, I am using it today because I had a microderm yesterday. When my skin is feeling all irritated the Barrier Repair just feels very soothing!
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="TheresaL"]
BTW our Cellcosmet regimes are almost the same except for the Sensitve Night Cream. Although I might be adding that too if I get a sample and like it!! :)[/quote]

I loove the Cellcosmet sensitive night cream - I tried the IS Clinical moisturizer to see if that would be a suitable replacement, but the Cellcosmet is definitely superior.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |