Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Remergent barrier cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:27 am      Reply with quote
What IS this supposed to do? I've been using it the last couple of nights & I woke up to really nice smooth skin. Now I'm confused because I don't know if this is what's causing it. I hope not because it darned expensive! I used it over my active serum since I'm running out of firming cream. I read on the website that it's supposed to moisturize dehydrated skin. Im oily but I don't find this stuff moisturizing at all It's actually matte.My skin feels more exfoliated somehow.

At the same time, I got a new bottle of Is Clinical cleanser-the suff is now a gel, not liquidy at all & cleans better -maybe this is what's doing the exfoliating.

Blast! I was hoping I wouldn't like this cream-I just can't resist free samples & they always get me into trouble.
Rolling Eyes

Someone please share results from barier cream-oh, & DNA repair while your at it. It better not be good! Rolling Eyes
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Marina
I've decided to help dampen your enthusiasm by copying over the ingredients from Tiger Tim's original review. I always think it's sobering to see it in black and white even if I can't understand most of it.

But the first 3 must be the biggest - so you're paying a lot for water and glycerine (not the loveliest moisturiser) and then I think Dimethicone is a silicone which would account for the smooth feel - this seems to be a factor in the appeal for you - did the softness wash off?. I like the names of the natural extracts, but wonder if they have a purpose at all and then there's some alcohol, which isn't very nice to put on your face.

The rest of it means nothing to me.

Barrier Repair Formula
Water,,Glycerin,Dimethicone, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract (and) Phellodendrom Amurense Bark Extract (and) Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract,Cetyl Alcohol,Polyacrylamide (and) C13-14 Isoparaffin (and) Laureth-7,Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides,Acrylates/C10-C30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer,Butylene Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol,Caprylyl Glycol,Cetearyl Alcohol,Disodium EDTA ,Ergothioneine,Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract,Glyceryl Stearate SE,Lecithin,Phenoxyethanol,Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 60,Retinol,Rosemary Extract,Sodium Hydroxide,Steareth-2,Steareth-21.

Does that help? It sometimes stops me wanting something. Confused
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
My mortgage & I thank you. Yes, smooth feel did wash off...I really need to think before I click & step away from the mouse.. Embarassed Luckily, I checked here first.

Just to add, I've always been the type to check ingredients first..IS Clinical threw me for a loop. At first, with the active serum, I couldn't believe what I was paying for BHa & AHA. But,as there has never been a bandwagon I haven't jumped on, I bought it & despite everything, the darned thing works. I could probably get mandelic acid serum & exfoliate just as well, but I wouldn't get the moisturizing, plumping effect.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Dancing mission accomplished
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:25 am      Reply with quote
marina- did you find the active serum give you much better results than using other AHA/BHA? I am trying to see if I should spend the extra $ for active serum and super serum. Thanks.

Molly- Do they have any opinions on ISC products at DY's skincareboard forum? Thanks.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Tidieu,

Well, the others left my skin looking stripped & dull. Don't forget, I have..ahem..mature oily skin. The difference with active is that it exfoliates but kind of gives me glowy look. My skin is moisturized with active alone. If I put anything over it, it's because someone posted about something on this board & drove me over the brink!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tidieu

Yes, there's a full review by Debbie the host, here's the link. Unfortunately I checked it out after I'd bought it. It's not bad stuff. It's just not magic, overpriced and the actives are a little weak.

http://theskincareboard.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=650&highlight=clinical+active+serum

Here's a few main points if you don't want to check the link:

The Active Serum
"8% glycolic acid, 2% lactic acid, 2% salicylic acid
A very mild alcohol based AHA/BHA serum with minimal skin lighteners.
There is not enough AHA to stimulate collagen"

Super serum
"A good 15% C serum with HA.
The skin lighteners are too dilute to be effective."

I, personally, was very disatisfied with the level of exfoliation. I really didn't feel it was doing anything. I don't do peels, but I've used 14% buffered glycolic before.

It's interesting that you like the moisturised feel after this exfoliation Marina. I used to buy an 8% glycolic from Skinbio for the same reason. But to generate collagen I understand you need a higher percentage. Maybe you prefer the feel of not damaging your skin, which is after all what we're doing when we exfoliate strongly enough to provoke a collagen response.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Molly,

I forgot to mention that I generally use a manual scrub before active serum & top it off with firming cream (I think it has 5%). I am prone to melasma. I have found that super strong glycolics will generally leave me with more sun spots in summer-yes, I use a good sunscreen. But, if you're prone to melasma-you'll get it-esp. if you summer in Greece. So, at the age of 50 (yikes!!) I'm trying to be more gentle & not destroy whatever integrity I have left in my skin. I gave up trying to get rid of any pitted scars from acne & just try to make my skin as smooth as possible. I may add epidermx to my routine for a little extra. I may even try the much-touted emu oil. I'm not sagging yet-and I'm trying to keep it that way!!!!

Once summer is over, I'll probably go back to skinceuticals 1% retinol every other day or green cream.Because of advanced Rolling Eyes years & melasma, I need as much anti-oxidant protections as possible. Although I love super serum (I found pro-heal oily) my skin does better with a 20% serum. I started with skinceuticals 20%. They now make one with ferulic, but I have no access to it. Naturally, great new product-I can't get it.

I even have the roobioos (I can never spell it) serum but can't figure out where to put it. Sometimes less is more....

I've checked the DianaYvonne board & what they say makes a lot of sense except that I would need a spread sheet & a lot of time to wait between applications of all the serums-not to mention a chemistry degree Confused

I'm talking too much again Embarassed
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Can I just be evil for a moment here, and tell you that since I've been using the Remergent samples over the past few days, my skin is looking great - lovely and clear!

Sorry. Embarassed
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:46 am      Reply with quote
No, you may not Shhh

Oh what the heck, hubby can work till he's 80-spill the beans please which ones did you like?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Well, there's the problem - I've been using them all, so I can't tell if there's one stand-out product. (Which would be so much easier and SO much less expensive. Laughing )

I can say that the Microcirculation Therapy really wowed me, though. I noticed a dramatic decrease in eye bags in just a single use, and possibly a tiny lightening.

My skin just looks clearer and somehow better.

(Why do I always like the expensive stuff? Rolling Eyes )
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I just read the entire DY thread, and am really depressed now having just forked out shedloads of dosh on IS Clinical Sad .

On the bright side, although it's much too early to say what results I'll get from these as I've only been using them for a couple of days, I am really liking the way they feel so far.

Majorb, I've been eyeing up the Remergent Skincare microcirculation therapy as I have really dark circles which I'd love to improve a bit (they are genetic and I'm resigned to the fact that they'll never go away completely) - have you tried that one yet?
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
We were posting at the same time I think - another thing to add to my shopping list then Laughing .
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I just started using the Microcirculation cream and DNA serum, so far so good. (only started a few nights ago).
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Marina, Molly!

Marina- did you get better result with skinceuticals 20% serum than ISC super serum?

What they say in DY board make sense but I don't have a lot of time to wait between applications. So, it's difficult for me to follow their routine. I still like to find a product that has BHA/AHA at strong enough level to stimulate collagen. I don't mind applying two or three products as long as I don't have to wait too long between layers.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
fifi - Sorry to make your shopping basket more expensive, but if I'm going to bankrupt myself then you might as well all join me! Laughing
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I've checked the DianaYvonne board & what they say makes a lot of sense except that I would need a spread sheet & a lot of time to wait between applications of all the serums-not to mention a chemistry degree

Laughing Absolutely, love the spreadsheet comment Marina.

Quote:
Can I just be evil for a moment here, and tell you that since I've been using the Remergent samples over the past few days, my skin is looking great - lovely and clear!

and I absolutely defend your right to be evil MajorB - that's why we're all here. Looking for that damned HG.

I find the skincareboard a little too austere, a little too orthodox (although it's pretty much the routine I follow, but with less products cos I don't have enough money for it) and you get the feeling if you step out of tune you'll get your knuckles rapped. Actually, I did make a post just for bedevilment (different username) and got just that.

But...I can see this Remergent buzz becoming a full-blown rave and I'm wondering if there's any sense in it. I must admit I've only skimmed through you and Tiger-Tim's reviews because I don't want to get sucked in, but I already have a few doubts.

Firstly, I don't see the connection between this guy who works on DNA repair and the product. Looks to me like he's retired, he's lent his name to Remergent and he wants to make a quick buck. They call it DNA repair, but in fact all it seems to be is a series of 'barrier repair' products. It's not a bad message, but it's not what the marketing promises.

Then, I wonder about these instant results. Instant results on the microcirculation can only be cosmetic.

I'm wondering if this microcirculation ingredient is the same stuff in the DCX Dark Circle eye stuff or the CSrx eyebright - after all Remergent previously made actives for other companies.

The stuff Marina tried was also instant and cosmetic and that's not bad stuff but she could get Dermalogica barrier defence for a lot less money.

I've asked over on theskincareboard for an analysis of these things, but they seem to be in a slight state of disarray these days with their host completely overloaded, it's a bit of a one horse cart.

I'm sure I had more to say, but I actually have to work today

M
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:42 am      Reply with quote
I have used all the Remergent products since they first came out and IMO they are probably the best skin care ever produced. They are able to be used with any other products and I do mix a few of my favourites in. IMO they work as advertised.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Sorry Bushy I'm a very suspicious person lately. Truth is I didn't look to closely because I sensed a new rave in the making and I'm afraid past raves have failed me.

But I've been looking more closely at their site and you're right it does look different, exciting and promising.

Although it has echoes for me of the Skinbio site, every ingredient there also tends to also have references to scientific studies which I can't understand and I like CPs but they're not miraculous.

Anyway for the moment I'm completely sold, but not buying.

Thanks Molly
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I really like the products also. I have been using the DNA serum and the Microcirculation for the eyes and my skin just looks healthy. I used a sample of the barrier repair but did not buy a full size one. I like to switch around alot, but with these two products and the cellcosmet eye cream I have not.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Well, I've just finished my Barrier Cream sample, so if the rest continues to work as well without it, at least that would be one less thing to buy! (Keeping fingers crossed very tightly.) Very Happy
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I'll preface what I say by reminding everyone that I truly am an ISC fanatic. Now, with that said, I really thing the comments on the DiY board are full of crap. I find the people there to resist ANYTHING that isn't part of their orthodoxy. And, the irony of it, is that ultimately, I've tried the skincare route that they recommend and just didn't see results.

At the end of the day, you can analyze all you want. The results are what interests me. When I started using ISC, it was just another impulse on my part. I was switching skincare routines at about the same rate that I changed thongs ! I never expected to see dramatic results - I just wanted to notice an improvement.

I've always taken care of my skin, and I've never had "bad" skin. But, I also never had beautiful skin, and didn't expect to. My view was that those of us with Italian / Greek backgrounds who lived in big polluted cities were just not destined to have flawless, poreless complexions. Prior to ISC, I had tried Obagi, Skin Medica TNS, JB Alpha Derma, various C serums, AHA/BHA serums in pretty high concentrations, and regular glycolic peels. And, my skin looked pretty good. With IS Clinical, I ended up with skin that I never, ever thought I would. So, as far as I'm concerned, those gals over at DiY can stuff it Very Happy
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Katee, I feel better now, thank you Very Happy . I've read so many raves now about IS Clinical products that even if I don't get the amazing results that some of you have had, I'll still be glad I tried them - just so I know once and for all whether they are good for me!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Laughing

Actually, they're all into PSF these days.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Hi Tidieu

Yes, there's a full review by Debbie the host, here's the link. Unfortunately I checked it out after I'd bought it. It's not bad stuff. It's just not magic, overpriced and the actives are a little weak.

http://theskincareboard.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=650&highlight=clinical+active+serum

If I didn't know better I'd think that was Paula Begoun's review!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |