Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
what mask should i buy...? (no dr h)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
i put mask on everyday..... its like a must, and I feel like my whole day is ruined if I dont do mask at the end of the day.
Anyways, my body deli masks is runnint out soon, and as much as I love the masks, being a skincare junkie that I am I want to try new products. Something that I can use everyday (or every other day). I assume a lot pf ppl will suggest dr h.
but please give me other suggestions as I dont want to try dr h til the winter.
cheers
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have a suggestion for a mask... It is by Ice Elements and called Blueberry Mask.

This is information about it from Ice Elements:

Quote:
FAQ

Q- What is the purpose of the Blueberry Fusion Mask?

A- The Blueberry mask was initially developed as a firming and anti-oxidant mask. I have made it in the consistency of a serum so you will experience greater and faster penetration. As we all know, blueberries are considered to have the hightest level of natural anti-oxidants of any fruit. The natural marine extracts in the mask are designed to firm the skin and our Antarcticine addresses lost elasticity. However, much to my surprise, our customers are reporting benefits which go way beyond firming and protection.

Our customers are reporting much brighter skin which is from the natural fruit acids in the blueberries and blackberries. They are also noticing a greater refinement in the pore size and a balancing of their skin. Dry skin customers have reported feeling an increase in the hydration of their skin and our combination and oily customers are noticing less oil in the T-zone-all day long. This is great news.

I use it and love it!

If I use it at night before I go to bed, I notice a brightness or freshness the next morning.

I think that they are currently out of stock though as this product is very popular, but should be in in a couple of weeks... They are also having a special on it on HSN in the US - 2 oz for $19.99.

Show times are up at www.iceelements.com

I also heard that they are working on a full body soufle on the idea of the blueberry mask! Shock I am not sure when it will be ready, but I am looking forward to it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
is this ice elements really proven good? I have never bought anything from hsn. Watch it on tv sometimes, but the sales people on tv always look too pushy that I am not convinced that the products are actually good. The known good products (valmont, dermalogica, etc) do not have this crazy pushy sales lady on tv.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing

Yes, it is really proven good!

They have a professional line that is not sold online and I do not want to say where it is sold as I am not 100% positive... then they have this line that is sold to the general public.

HSN is a vehicle for them to sell their products... and Shelly and Frankie are not pushy at all (although the show hosts can be sometimes on the TV shopping channels).

I know what you mean about being leery about the products available on the shopping channels as I used to think of them as extended commercials of stuff that will show up in the dollar store sooner or later... Laughing and while not everything that they have on HSN is good stuff, it is now more like a televised department store with a wide range of products from cheesy to out of this world, mostly at reasonable to excellent prices.

Another good thing about purchasing from HSN is that they have a 30 day money back guarantee, even on skin care - you just have to pay for shipping... so you can use it and return half full bottles if you don't like it.

So I jumped in and purchased the Anniversary kit (which is going on sale in a couple of weeks) and just LOVE it! I just cannot stop talking about it as I just cannot believe how much it works for me.

If you have any questions about the line you can always ask Shelly or Brenda on the message board at www.iceelements.com.

Take care.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
i put mask on everyday..... its like a must, and I feel like my whole day is ruined if I dont do mask at the end of the day.
Anyways, my body deli masks is runnint out soon, and as much as I love the masks, being a skincare junkie that I am I want to try new products. Something that I can use everyday (or every other day). I assume a lot pf ppl will suggest dr h.
but please give me other suggestions as I dont want to try dr h til the winter.
cheers

OMG don't you just love the Body Deli's masks Drool . I have not used them for a long time but absolutely LOVED them!!! Honestly, I have not found any mask that I liked better. Peaches and Cream and French Clay Masque were my favorite.

Bosoxy,

I just ordered the free trial of the 2 Minute Miracle. They were all out of the Blueberry Mask Trial. The owners certainly were lovely to speak with.

Personally, if I like the exfoliant I will order it direct from Ice Elements website. I don't care for HSN at all. Their hosts really get on my nerves. Rolling Eyes

IMHO I need to try Ice Elements trial and hear more reviews from other sites...not just HSN and Ice Elements. I don't put much stock in HSN reviews. Waiting for EDS member to comment on the samples they have tried.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Winnie"]
roadtonowhere wrote:

Personally, if I like the exfoliant I will order it direct from Ice Elements website. I don't care for HSN at all. Their hosts really get on my nerves. Rolling Eyes

lol! I hear you. Some of them are just so fake that they are hillareous. Laughing

Let me know how you like the 2 minute miracle.

Did you get to speak with both Shelly and Frankie? They are just so nice, aren't they?

I bet that if you wanted to order direct and would not order from HSN that if they had a special through HSN they would probably honor the price on a direct order.

Have a great weekend!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
i cannot find this mask on their website. is hsn the only place i can buy it from?
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
You can probably purchase it direct also, but they are currently sold out as it is very popular.

They will have a nice fresh batch in stock in a couple of weeks. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Why don't u try Valmont?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
i use valmont renewing pack once a week (its too expensive to use it every other day). so i gues i should clarify my question. what masks should i buy (no dr h, valmont, caudalie).
toey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
How about Declore?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Roadtonowhere:

I use mask everyday too. I have more than 30 different masks and the following are the ones do not get mentioned too often here:

*** Sheet Mask ***

SK-II: Japan, Facial Treatment Mask, Whitening Source Intensive Mask, Eye Mask

Azuren: Japan, Curecustard Bio-Mask, Whitening Bio-Mask

Bikouer: France, Hydro Whitening Mask Masque Hydratant Blanchissant

Danty Design: Australia, All in one Collagen Mask, Lavendar Mask. (I believe Danty Design is a Chinese (Taiwan) company but the masks were made in Australia. I asked Mabsy but she said she's never heard about this brand in Australia.)

*** Mud Mask ***

Deluvia: Israel Dead Sea Mineral Mud Mask

*** Cream / Gel Mask ***

La Prairie: Switzerland, Skin Caviar Firmng Complex Mask

Z Bigatti: USA, Re-Storation Hydrating Facial Mask

Juvena: Switzerland, Energy Mask

Astara: USA, Nourishing Vitamin Mask, Blue Mask

Neova: USA, Copper Moisture Mask

Lumene: Finland, Radiant C-Energy 5 Min. Mask

Ottie: Korea, Wine Cell Renewal pack

Hormeta: Switzerland, Ginko Mask

Jan Marini: USA, Factor Plus A Mask

Don't ask me which one works better. I really don't know. I have very tough, non-sensitive skin. I like how my skin felt after I used mask. You don't want to leave my house if you are a mask person.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis, do you know where I can get samples of hormeta masks. I have been wanting to buy their products, but cannot seem to be able to get samples.
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Roadtonowhere:
Don't ask me which one works better. I really don't know. I have very tough, non-sensitive skin. I like how my skin felt after I used mask. You don't want to leave my house if you are a mask person.

Laughing MACrisis, you are sooooooo lovely. I'm also crazy about masks and tend to use it everyday!!! I got various kinds of mask but not as crazy as you do. You are quite right, I really can't tell which one works better to me. That's why I have to put different kind of mask alternately.

I love SKII masks especially the wrinkle treatment masks. This is an eye mask and will moisturize my undereyes well. They are sheet masks and thus not as economical as cream/gel mask. I got a SKII Skin Rebooster (a kinda gel mask) which gives me a dewy look and softer skin just after one use.

For some inexpensive stuff, I recommend the Boots Botanics Vitamin Recovery Mask (£3.99/100ml). This revitalising mask replenishes lost moisture to promote healthy looking skin. With gingko biloba extract and vitamins A, E and Pro B5 to recharge tired, dull skin. I usually feel tight on my face after cleansing. But after using this mask, my skin feel moisturized and smooth.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Roadtonowhere:
I'm sorry I don't know where to get Hormeta Samples. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I bought Hormeta Ginko Mask and Eye Rescue Mask from spalook.com few days before Mother's day (18% off)

I have a 10% off coupon, PM me if you're interested.

Ocha & Roadtonowhere:
Where do you live??? Let's have a mask party!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy My daughter (17) and her friend had a mini facial party today. Washing face w/Shuyis oil control cleanser, Cosmedicine facial scrub, Hydration Mask from Taiwan, Yonka Lotion, Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum . And Scrubed their elbows with JM body Scrub and the JM Bioglycolic Hand and Body Cream. Girls really had lots of fun, especially for her friend. The VERY first time she used a scrub and mask!!! I guess her mom is not as crazy as me!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Liz Earle Brightening Treatment is a great one to use everyday... it's lovely! It's a creamy mask with a white clay base and includes camphor in it's ingredients .... and it is just left on for 2 mins and rinsed off.. great in the shower and truly makes your face more glowy when you do it.
If you can stretch it to not every day( sorry!) ... the best mask I have ever used in terms of effectiveness is Dermalogica's Gentle Cream Exfoliant, left on for 15 mins and rinsed off.... but too active(strong!) to use every day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:26 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Ocha & Roadtonowhere:
Where do you live??? Let's have a mask party!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy My daughter (17) and her friend had a mini facial party today. Washing face w/Shuyis oil control cleanser, Cosmedicine facial scrub, Hydration Mask from Taiwan, Yonka Lotion, Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum . And Scrubed their elbows with JM body Scrub and the JM Bioglycolic Hand and Body Cream. Girls really had lots of fun, especially for her friend. The VERY first time she used a scrub and mask!!! I guess her mom is not as crazy as me!!!

MACrisis, I bet your daughter must have a great time! Very Happy She is so lucky to have a mom like you!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
wow, you put on a mask everyday? Is that okay for the skin?
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Dermalogica's masks, esp. the Multivitamin one, hths.
wenneveria
5% products discount

Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite mask is Sisley Botanical Facial Mask with Linden Blossom. This mask can be used under the eyes and is very soothing. It takes the redness out of my skin ~ I have rosacea. I use it daily with great results!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Roadtonowhere, what type of mask were you looking for?

Here are my personal favourites.

Hydration
Aloette Skin Renewal Mud Masque

Detox
Aloette Redefine PS Advanced Nourishing Masque

Acne
Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask

HTH Very Happy
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yen: since it is the summer, I am looking for hm... refreshing mask, I guess. not so much moisturizing mask. my skin can get a little bit oily in the summer.
Anyways, I guess, I should mention that I need to purchase this mask from sephora since I want to use up my online store credit. I already have JB green apple peel, so thats out of the question. Thinking about getting caudalie purifying mask, but I need to buy something else to use up the online store credit.
any suggestion?
maybe something from b kamins or phytomer?
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't realize that you had to use up a Sephora Credit Note. Does that credit note have an expiry date? If not, maybe you can wait and get another jar of the JB Green Apple Peel? Smile

I haven't tried the other two lines that you mentioned. How about some makeup? Hair products?
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Love, love:

June Jacobs Pumpkin Enzyme Mask
Borghese Fango Mud
Emergin C Vit C + Retinol mask
Biomedic Pure Enzyme
Jan Marini Papaya Zyme Mask
Epicuren Chai Soy Mud
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
i've tried lots of different masks but sad to say there are only a few that makes my skin feel radiant and hydrated afterwards.

phytomer's peeling vegetal

shiseido's purifying mask and moisture relaxing mask

Fresh's rejuvenating mask with roses (it has rose petals that melts in your skin as you rub gently with it)

hope it helps!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |