Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Physician's Formula Powder Palette Multi Colored Face Powder
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, anyone using this? It's supposed to work like a press powder to even or enhance your skin tone. I bought the one in highlighter...which I'm confused...it's multi colored. So how does it work? Do I just brush it all over my face or on certain areas of my face? Also, I don't notice much when I brush it on my face...hhm, can someone pls tell me how to use it? Here's the link if any of you is interested: http://www.physiciansformula.com/detail_list.asp?itemid=01640&scene=POWDERS&categorid=108
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:10 am      Reply with quote
This may help, here is a link to the reviews of this powder on MUA:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=23599/Powder_Palette_Multi-Colored_Highlighter/Physicians_Formula/Pressed_Powders/

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I purchased this product when CVS was having a sale on Physician Formula. I like it. The results are very subtle. It seems to give me a slight brightening of the skin. MUA reviews seem to be more positive for those who are very fair. My skin color is medium.

I don't consider this product to be a highlighter but more a brightener. Highlighters seem to have some shimmer to them. When using I lightly apply it to my whole face with or without foundation (before any blush).
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have the green color corrector. It really does tone ruddiness of my complexion down and my skin does not look green by the way.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
I once had a physican's formula product that sounds like this-- it was multi-colored pearls. Green, yellow, white, pink... At first I just swirled my brush on the pearls like it said too, but then thought it didn't seem like I was getting stuff on it, so I crushed them. I used it all over. It gave me a "healthy" pink look.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I use thier Mineral Makeup (pressed powder) and like it quite well. The only thing is that I bought the lighthest one (BTW - this one also has 2 shades of beige - light brown in it). It was fine during the winter (when I am generally very pale), but I am noticing that now, that I am getting a bit of a tan (not too much, of course, not good for skin Wink ), it is just too light. I'll have to buy a darker shade.

But overall, I like it! HTH Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'd use a big powder brush, swirl it around in there, blow off the excess, and dust it where you need it. The colors are supposed to mix together to make it come out right. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:48 am      Reply with quote
You must be pyschic because I've actually been composing a review for the PF Powder Palette Multi-Colored Blush in "Blushing Peach" which I have found gives me the sort of "naughty glow" that one is supposed to achieve after having applied the infamous Nars Orgasm blush! I actually love this stuff but now I don't know if I'll bother to actually post my review since it's no longer one of my special, secret finds! *CareKate pouts*

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:21 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I actually love this stuff but now I don't know if I'll bother to actually post my review since it's no longer one of my special, secret finds! *CareKate pouts*

LMAO. Laughing I actually use this in the "bronzer" and like it pretty well. My cousin used it and I thought it looked great on her so I bought it a year ago and have been using it ever since. Sometimes I feel it might have a bit of orange to it, but overall I like that it adds a bit of color to my lifeless, pale face.
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I use the Light Bronzer as a blush and when I do I almost always get compliments on how "pretty" my complexion is.

Bahahaha!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
You must be pyschic because I've actually been composing a review for the PF Powder Palette Multi-Colored Blush in "Blushing Peach" which I have found gives me the sort of "naughty glow" that one is supposed to achieve after having applied the infamous Nars Orgasm blush! I actually love this stuff but now I don't know if I'll bother to actually post my review since it's no longer one of my special, secret finds! *CareKate pouts*

CareKate - Have you tried the Cover Girl Cheekers in Pretty Peach? I just fell in love with the way this looks but realized it's not great for the skin, so I'm trying to find a good alternative. However, I want to limit it to drugstore products for now, at least until I can pay off my trip and recent skincare purchases. I was hoping this product might be the answer. By the way, here are some other ones I've tried that look peachy on me, just not as great as the CG:

Rimmel - Santa Rose and Sienna
Milani - Luminous

Thanks!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:34 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
carekate wrote:

CareKate - Have you tried the Cover Girl Cheekers in Pretty Peach? I just fell in love with the way this looks but realized it's not great for the skin, so I'm trying to find a good alternative. However, I want to limit it to drugstore products for now, at least until I can pay off my trip and recent skincare purchases. I was hoping this product might be the answer. By the way, here are some other ones I've tried that look peachy on me, just not as great as the CG:

Rimmel - Santa Rose and Sienna
Milani - Luminous

Thanks!
No, I've actually wanted to try the Cheekers Pretty Peach, but I haven't found any stores around here that carried that particular set of products from Cover Girl. I did try the Milani Luminous, but did not like it on me AT ALL.

I'd def recommend the PF Powder Palette Multi-Colored Blush in "Blushing Peach" -- just buy it at Walgreens/CVS or Walmart so you can take it back if it isn't quite right for you. It is on the higher-priced side ($9.99) for a drugstore product, but you get a helluva lot so it'll last for ages -- assuming the color works for you, afterall!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I started looking on their websites after I asked you about this, and I can't find that particular product. Are you sure the one you have isn't called "Peaches to Glow"? That's the only multi-colored palette I could find that was peach. I'm planning to make a run to CVS tomorrow though so I'll look while I'm there. PF has so many blushes now.

By the way, CVS is where I got my CG cheeker, so I'm not sure why your's doesn't have it. I picked it up because it had an "Allure favorite" sticker on it so I figured it must be pretty good. I just wish it was better for the skin, but I'm still using it until I find something better. I wasn't a huge fan of Milani either. Let me know if you ever find this cheeker and how you like it! Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I started looking on their websites after I asked you about this, and I can't find that particular product. Are you sure the one you have isn't called "Peaches to Glow"? That's the only multi-colored palette I could find that was peach.
No, I saw that one at my Walgreens, but it wasn't the one I had read about on MUA and saw an ad for in InStyle or some other beauty mag. I ended up finding PF Powder Palette Multi-Colored Blush in "Blushing Peach" at Walmart.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
No, I saw that one at my Walgreens, but it wasn't the one I had read about on MUA and saw an ad for in InStyle or some other beauty mag. I ended up finding PF Powder Palette Multi-Colored Blush in "Blushing Peach" at Walmart.

Good because the Peaches to Glow one looked scary to me! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |