Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Off to Guangzhou China
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
My final trip for this project! I am sooo tired from all these business trips.

I hope I find some more Japanese skin care products there (there are none here in Manila). I remember I saw some in some malls there in GZ Smile from my last trip, I'm hoping to do more SKINCARE shopping there. Smile like Kose, etc... Smile If you have any ideas, tell me tell me!! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know how good / bad the price is in China for Japanese brand. I know for US or European Brands their price is much higher than in US.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
To be honest, I know people from Guangzhou desperately want to purchase skincare/cosmetics from Hong Kong. Any forum members from China? Please correct me if it is wrong.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi JozieGroznie

I'm in Guangzhou and I can't get what I need; cone free shampoo and Avene ss have been my biggest annoyances.

Mind you, I'm not into department store or Japanese brands though so you may be lucky.

Some European brands, I'ved noticed, are repositioned and totally overpriced.

M
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Goodness, yes Jurlique is overpriced here!!

Are there any organic essential oils around Molly?

Jurlique was much cheaper in HK Airport Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
JG
Quote:
Are there any organic essential oils around Molly?

Organic Laughing Laughing Laughing This is China!

There's nothing natural or essential here, believe me Crying or Very sad it's a skincare desert.

...and the pollution's terrible.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
So funny Molly! Smile you're right! I went to the grocery to buy like Tropicana juices or Florida's... but all I found were fake ones Sad

The only thing I like are the SOY producst (like soy milk coz I love Soy!!) Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Just out of interest, what do you think of Guangzhou JozieGroznie? Be honest.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Hello Molly Smile It's my 2nd time here. First time was around Nov of last year. It was ok then, I explored, walked around the places near the Garden hotel...

I've been around Asia (India, Japan, China) coz of my work (IT). Often in Singapore though. I must say that in comparison to Singapore, GZ is ok because not a lot of ppl can speak English (only in hotels and office do ppl speak English). The food is so-so (too oily for me). I did like the Schezuan food though Smile Shopping is expensive in GZ. (not like in Singapore).

So overall, GZ is ok to visit but not a place I would recommend to go to in China Smile

There are some essential oils in Watsons.... so I guess they are not organic? Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Molly Molly, I'm also just curious, there is nothing good for skincare/haircare here, so do you order everything online?!? Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
It's better than my last Chinese city because that was really remote and in the West and there was not one Western product.

Really, it's a different world here much more like the west, but the Chinese just love the big Western brand names: Clinique, Avon, etc. and they are not the kind of things I'd buy in the UK either.

There are some big Chinese brands, but the focus is on skin whitening here rather than anti-wrinkle and that makes me worry about the ingredients - could contain hydroquinine or bad UV filters and as I can't read the ingredients I leave it well alone.

They're not much into natural, but they do carry some natural oils in Watsons (it's a Hong Kong company), that's true, but not the ones I want, like emu or buckthorn or raspberry seed.

And my hair is *extremely* fine and wavy/curly which couldn't be more different from Chinese hair so I find all the shampoos I've tried quite detrimental because the cones absorb into it so I've given up trying with them.

They sell a limited range of Avene and Vichy products in chemists but apart from that it's all online or I pick up stuff when I'm home on holiday.

I work near the Garden Hotel. How funny, maybe our paths crossed. I think it's a horrible city, personally.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Yes and pollution is bad! (I can see it from the Center Plaza top floors).

I'm soo glad to be going back home tom Smile but dreading the 2 hr. stop over at HK Airport.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |