Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Burt's Bees Avocado Hair Treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought this, and I think it's a keeper. (although, to be completely honest, I don't really like how it smells... it's pretty mild, I can't really put my finger on what it is that I don't like, but it's just kind of eh.)

I've used it twice this week--dipped my head in the tub, massaged about 1.5 TBSP through my wet hair, pulled it back into a bun, and soaked in the bath while reading a good book.

Afterwards I shower (just started using the Burt's Bees Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Super Shiny shampoo and conditioner), and my hair just looks... shiny and healthy and soft!!!!

Plus, it stayed looking shiny and healthy and soft, but NOT OILY for 2 whole days!

Granted, I've been diligent in only washing it every other day (or--I'll wash it one morning, and then not until the next night after my bath) for a week or two now, but I think that this shampoo and the treatment are helping.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
tularyn, glad to hear that you liked the Burt's Bees Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Super Shiny shampoo and conditioner. I've been eyeing on those products but haven't been able to take the plunge. Smile
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have been looking at the Avocado hair treatment myself, next time I am in the States I will be treating myself to a tube of this.
The only thing that puts me off is the scent, apart from the Baby Bees range I find that the rest of the Burt's Bees products and the Orange Cleanser/Scrub, the other products just don't have the nice luxurious scents, they have an offensive underlying scent to them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I also like the the BB Avocado pre treatment. The smell is a little fruity like apples and something else and the texture is like warm caramel but turns milky when it dissolves in your hair.

It really does make your hair soft and shiny. I agree, it's a keeper. Very Happy
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE the avocado hair butter! It makes my hair so silky and shiney. I haven't seen their shampoo/conditioners yet but I'd love to try them out. How are they working for you?
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I really love the avocado hair butter too! I also use it as an overnight treatment.
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Super Shiny shampoo and conditioner. (I think they have another shampoo or two, and a shampoo bar that have been around for a while, but I've never tried them).

The shampoo lathers fairly well, but is free of sulfates, parabens etc. My hair feels very clean afterwards--but not "stripped." It still has volume--unlike sometimes when you wash your hair and it's so clean that it seems to be completely flat even though its' shiny (does that make any sense? I can't figure out how to describe it.)

The conditioner doesn't weigh my hair down and it seems to detangle nicely. As I said, my hair also seems more volumnious (and my pony tail looks nicer!), which is a plus--but I don't know if that's b/c of the shampoo or more likely the Avocado treatment.

However, I have very straight, very fine hair with a scalp that tends to be very oily.

I don't know how it would work with dry hair/scalp.

5% products discount

Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried the avacado butter hair treatment today and so far I love it! my hair feels silky and soft. Now, I have to try the shampoo and conditioner. Thanks everyone
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds really good. Do you think it would work for me? I have fine, thin hair. I can usually go 2 days without shampooing, then the front gets a little oily. But I have long hair and the ends get dry, so would like to deep condition once a week.

What do you think?

Thanks! Smile
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think that shampoo and conditioner would be good for my over-processed fried hair?

How long do you leave the avocado treatment for? I'll probably be too lazy, I don't use conditioners that I have to leave on for more than 2 minutes
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Oooo, this sounds nice.

Thank you for the review!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Do you think that shampoo and conditioner would be good for my over-processed fried hair?

How long do you leave the avocado treatment for? I'll probably be too lazy, I don't use conditioners that I have to leave on for more than 2 minutes

I think this would work great on your type of hair. When I have the chance, I saturate my hair with this, put it up in one of those turban towel things & leave it on for a couple of hours, then shampoo & use a hydrating conditioner afterwards.
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:47 am      Reply with quote
I agree - it's really good stuff. If you want an even more intense treatment, wet hair, put shower cap on, wrap head in warm towel & keep on for 20 - 30 minutes... the results are amazing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:40 am      Reply with quote
Recieved some of this in a swap and was a little dubious at first, the consistency is like that of the Orange Essence Facial Wash but green!
So on Sunday I washed my hair then slathered this on and spent the day pottering in the garden and reading.
The Avocado treatment actually dried into my hair so I left it in overnight. The smell is a little strange, it reminds me of Tuti Fruity sweets I used to eat when I was a kid, you will either love or hate it or take a while to adjust to the scent.
Next morning I washed and conditioned my hair as normal not even stopping to think if it had washed out so I was supprised when I dried my hair to find it looking lovely and glossy.
No frizzy ends and the roots were not greasy either, also my hair colour was a lot more vibrant.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I'm starting to wonder if I got a bad batch. Mine is extremely thick and I have a hard time spreading it around. It's sort of greasy/oily like an ointment, but pretty hard when it comes out of the tube. Does this sound right? I've never tried the orange cleanser so I can't compare. Thanks!
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Someone described it as the texture of caramel, and that's what both my tubes are like. (In contrast, the Orange cleanser is less "tacky" and a little easier to spread)

It is thick and sticky and gooey, so I get my hair very wet, then squeeze out a little bit at a time and rub it around on smaller sections of hair. Like--just crown, then center of hair, then ends. Then I use a wide tooth comb and comb through my hair (it helps to comb your hair before you wet it or the tangles can be a pain). I tie it back in a bun and relax in the tub or put on a shower cap and go to bed.

It is hard to spread--but I think that it sort of melts into your hair, and ends up evenly coating it.

HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I'll be looking for this next time I go shopping!
jellyberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...I saw this at Choices Market but it was quite pricy =/ Might give it a try...
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:41 am      Reply with quote
anyone know where I can get that online with international shipping (that doesnt cost the earth) Question
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
that sounds promising, i am going to check it out next time i go to walgreens.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Anna, i recently ordered this from Dermadoctor (cost US10) and they ship internationally for US17, which was OK for me as I included 3 other products in the same order.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing. I've heard of it before but I never have a chance to try it out yet.

I will try it out if I got a chance.
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
I can't seem to find it anywhere. and that makes me want it even more. Sad Sad
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, once again, I've caved after reading all the good reviews here on EDS. I saw this at my local Vitamin Shoppe today, so I got it. Of course, I also told myself, "I'm getting it for less than retail".... I like when I can find things locally and save on S&H.

An FYI for others -- Vitacost does carry this product at a discount:

Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment with Nettles & Rosemary
4.34 oz
You Saved 35%
Retail price: $8.99
Our price: $5.84
http://www.vitacost.com/Burts-Bees-Avocado-Butter-Pre-Shampoo-Hair-Treatment-with-Nettles-Rosemary

I'll post my experience after using it. I do think I used this years ago - think I had a sample packet of it from a travel kit and do remember liking it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:55 am      Reply with quote
I bought and I just tried it last night. overall, I quite like it. it does not have a stronge smell, and is a bit gooey. but I find it is easier to spread it by adding a little water. I rub it in my hands before applying to the hair as the review suggested. I left for about an hour. after two shampoo washes, the treatment came off completely and left my hair very soft.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |