Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Where to buy emu oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

For those in AU, do you think this is a good emu oil manufacturer?

It is available in PRICELINE and I can ask my officemate to purchase for me. Help pls Smile

http://www.emuspirit.com/index.cfm?page=productcategory&id=2

TIA,
J

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Looks fine to me
julliams
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Ok, this might seem like a really obvious question, but how to they get emu oil? I'm thinking that it wouldn't be that great for the Emus. I like the idea that it is great for my skin but it Emus are dying for it, I don't think I am happy about that.

Alternatively if it is coming from their unmentionables I don't know if I want "that" on my face!

Juliette
julliams
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I did some research and yes, the emu oil is produced from the fat of the emu. I found out the info from little emu farm co website. Just google that and you should find it. I'm not a huge animal activist but I am a little grossed out by it myself.

Juliette
julliams
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to post again, but I just had another thought. I guess our family are meat eaters so technically that is no different.

I think I will sit on the fence on this one. There are some darn good testimonials out there, particularly for burns.

Juliette
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there, fellow emu oil fans.

The emu oil is a by-product when the birds are killed for their meat. That's what I read, anyhow. Now, if the oil becomes way more popular and valuable than the meat, that may change...but I console myself with the fact that it is a by-product. I know it's a rationalization, because I love the product! Embarassed
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Due to leeleedeedee recent rave review about emu oil, I emailed a local emu oil supplier (actually it's an emu ranch) with an inquiry about it. Here's a part of their response:

Our Emu are raised in a natural, treed, free range type of environment and are humanely treated. Emu oil is derived from a thick layer of fat from the Emu's back. It is a byproduct from the processing of our Emu for both its (low fat & cholesterol) red meat and for its beautiful leather & for their feathers.
Our Emu are fed a wheat, alfalfa, corn and soya bean mixture pellet which does not contain any hormones, antibiotics or animal by-products. The fat is vacuum packed and frozen. It is then shipped to our refiner here on Vancouver Island. Our refiner then grinds the fat and in the absence of oxygen (nitrogen is used to reduce oxidation) rendered into an oil using a specially designed oven (low temperature to minimize any breakdown of the oil). The crude oil is then filtered though a unique nine stage filter system. The last stage includes a 0.2 micron screen that removes all bacteria, and contaminants. NO harsh chemicals are used in our refiner's process. Natural Vitamin E (0.5%) is then added for its ant-oxidant value to increase stability and shelf life.
The resulting oil is a premium very high quality natural Emu oil with high moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and Omega 3 & Omega 6 essential fatty acids. ...other Emu oil refiners may use harsh chemicals such as caustic soda and high temperatures (steam) which degrade the unique properties of Emu oil.

Emu oil is very unique. It is highly moisturizing and has amazing healing properties. It also has anti-inflammatory properties similar to ibuprofen without the negative side effects. It is the most penetrating oil into the skin and an excellent trans-dermal carrier for other natural healing ingredients. There is NO other oil like Emu Oil.

They responded the very next day. The website isn't as snazzy as some others but since the customer service seems good, I'm going to give them a try and order a small bottle.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Purple Emu atwww.purpleemu.com have really great products and excellent customer service.

They sell emu oil, of course, but have other great products like a complexion bar (very nice), a soothing cleanser, and two of my favorites--the lip balm and the Super-Rich Moisturizer. You can buy a trial size of the Super-Rich Moisturizer for $5 and it will last you a month or so.

I liked their products much better than Dremu's.

They are located in Pennsylvania and ship using priority mail.
Sheens
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:56 am      Reply with quote
julliams wrote:
I'm not a huge animal activist but I am a little grossed out by it myself.

Juliette

I'm a bit grossed out by it too! I'm sure I read somewhere (possibly on here?) that a good vegetarian alternative is camilla seed oil.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
roadbee: What website is that from? (I'm on Van Island and would love to buy local.) Thanks
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
lily wrote:
roadbee: What website is that from? (I'm on Van Island and would love to buy local.) Thanks

Hi lily,

Here's the website
http://www.emuoilcanada.com
They're in Courtney, BC. Enjoy.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

The closest vegetarian oil to Emu would be Limnanthes Oil (also known as Meadowfoam.) I presently have a bottle of this oil because I was resisting the temptation to buy Emu for far too long. Limnanthes is a beautiful oil that is excellent for all skin types including ultra sensitive and those with Rosacea. It is highly moisturizing and plumps up any lines or wrinkles HOWEVER it does not have the deep penetrating properties of Emu. Neither does Camellia (although that too is a wonderful oil.)

Right now, anyone interested in Limnanthes can buy it on clearance at www.rosayfruta.com

Roadbee, I love your post. I was feeling very guilty thinking about those poor birds and knowing I could not give up my Emu Oil. Thank you for all that information.
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:

Roadbee, I love your post. I was feeling very guilty thinking about those poor birds and knowing I could not give up my Emu Oil. Thank you for all that information.

are you kidding, thank YOU! if you're not already in sales, you should be Very Happy
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
roadbee wrote:
Due to leeleedeedee recent rave review about emu oil, I emailed a local emu oil supplier (actually it's an emu ranch) with an inquiry about it. Here's a part of their response:

Still they did not say HOW the fat was extracted from the bird .. and I'd better not try to imagine ... Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
not to be gross but I just kinda thought once the emu is ready to end up on our dinner plate (btw, never tasted emu) that the layer of fat was removed from its back when the bird is cleaned. not sure, but maybe it's a fairly accessible layer. sorry if the visual makes anyone squeamish.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hello Everyone,

The closest vegetarian oil to Emu would be Limnanthes Oil (also known as Meadowfoam.) I presently have a bottle of this oil because I was resisting the temptation to buy Emu for far too long. Limnanthes is a beautiful oil that is excellent for all skin types including ultra sensitive and those with Rosacea. It is highly moisturizing and plumps up any lines or wrinkles HOWEVER it does not have the deep penetrating properties of Emu. Neither does Camellia (although that too is a wonderful oil.)

Right now, anyone interested in Limnanthes can buy it on clearance at www.rosayfruta.com

Embarassed

I went to that website, from what I can tell, the Limnanthes is on clearance...and you can only buy it by the gallon for $250!

Guess I'll keep looking for a different supplier...I'm a carnivore (love myself a good steak) but for some reason putting emu oil on my face makes me a bit squeamish. That's just me, not criticizing anyone else! I'm weird and neurotic sometimes! Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:24 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika, Sorry, but I didn't know that the clearance was for a gallon.

However, you can always e-mail Elizabeth and ask her if you could get a small bottle of it. The bottle I have is 100ml - a very good size. Elizabeth is wonderful and tries so hard to accomodate and please her clients. If you e-mail her she will respond (most likely) same day. Limnanthes Oil is wonderful and I hope you'll be able to find some.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I've found some other websites that talk about its benefits, and two that sell smaller bottles of it, but are touting it as a carrier oil. Is this the same stuff?

I'll probably break and just end up buying the emu oil. I'll just squirm when I put it on every time...Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Limnanthes is a carrier oil so it's probably the same thing.

Well, you could buy a tiny bottle of Emu Oil and perhaps, to your surprise, you won't squirm all that much. The Dremu is odorless so I don't think about it at all and I really thought I would. Plus, the benefits to the skin are so great that everything else is completely pushed out of my mind.

Good luck in whatever decision you make!!
florayen
5% products discount

Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
HOWEVER it does not have the deep penetrating properties of Emu. Neither does Camellia (although that too is a wonderful oil.)

What's your basis for saying emu oil has better penetrating properties than other oils? Any research data or scientific evidence to back it up?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
My basis for saying Emu Oil penetrates better than other oils is from personal experience. I don't need scientific evidence to point out to me how my skin absorbs these oils. All I have to do is look in the bathroom mirror and see for myself the difference in absorbtion abilities. It is quite visible to the eye.

That being said, if you want scientific data, research Emu Oil and you'll find scientific data that states the molecules in Emu Oil are smaller than any other oil, hence the ability for Emu Oil to penetrate the seven layers of the skin.

I have tried almost every carrier oil and essential oil on the planet, and although these oils are wonderful and do great things for the skin and I will always continue to use them and they have great properties, in my opinion they do not penetrate as deeply as Emu Oil.
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
I get mine (by the quart Shock ) from LB processors that Lavender mentioned. Dremu is totally over priced and I believe (though don't quote me on this!) that it is either LB's triple refined OR ultra emu oil.

Very Happy

Based on your recommendation - and on comparing prices Laughing , I have just ordered from the LB Processors. Their CS is prompt and good - and includes samples even though I am just ordering the ultra emu oil (1 oz) and the starter pack. It costs a lot less than the DREMU. I am looking forward to receiving my package !!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |