Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Duac and Avene
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
uninspiredstar
5% products discount

Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all, have been reading the boards for awhile, but this is my first post. I've been using Duac and wanted to try the Avene Retrinal for some forehead wrinkles that I'm starting to get. I only have a few spots now, but still have a habit of using the Duac over my whole face. Can I use the Retrinal over the Duac? Or would this be too drying? TIA!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum!!!

You may find that Duac and the Retrinal are too drying or irritating. It depends. I use Differin and used Duac at the same time and for me it was always a struggle to keep my skin from getting irritated. I finally gave up on the Duac and am seeing how my skin reacts. I believe that the Retrinal is less irritating than Differin and I have sensitive skin so you may not have the same problem combining the two. I would not recommend applying them at the same time. IMO the Retrinal should be used in the evening and the Duac in the morning. Unless your whole face is acne prone you definetly should not be applying Duac to your whole face! When I used it I only applied it to my acne prone areas. The Differin however I apply to my entire face since that has antiaging as well as antiacne benefits. BTW the active ingredient in the Retrinal not only has retinoid like actions but has also been shown to have some antibacterial actions. HTH
uninspiredstar
5% products discount

Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks TheresaL!Very Happy I've tried the Differin before and it was too harsh for me. I'm still a bit of a newbie at all of this skincare stuff and trying to figure out how to incorporate diff't things into my regimen. I've also been randomly using the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic on days when I don't use the Duac. Can I be using Duac, Retinal and CE on the same day? If so, in what order?Confused Sorry for all the questions. Thanks again!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Wow this is a tough one. Let's see if we can work somehting out. Here's what I am thinking and why it is so difficult to work out a routine using those three products.

The Retrinal should be used at night because if it is like retinoids it will be deactivated by sunlight.
The only retinoid that can be applied at the same time as benzoyl peroxide is Differin. I don't know about Retrinal and benzoyl peroxide, so it is possible that the Retrinal and Duac would contradict each other and should not be applied at the same time. You would need to check on this one to be sure.
Benzoyl peroxide should not be applied at the same time as Vitamin C, so you could not apply the Duac and C+E at the same time. Also, you need to be careful using both of these even if you apply at different times because both together may be too irritating.
I am not sure but I believe that the Vitamin C and Retrinal could be appied at the same time. You would need to double check on this to be certain.

So given all that the Retrinal would have to be applied in the evening and the Duac in the morning. You would be able to apply the C+E in the evening also. I would apply the C+E first and then the Retrinal. Or you could apply the C+E one night and the Retrinal on alternate nights.

Some more questions? How often do you use the Duac? On most days or everyother day? If everyother day then you could probalbly come up with some other combination for using the products. How long have you been using the C+E and do you use it consistently?
uninspiredstar
5% products discount

Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds good...I think I'll try alternating the C+E and Retrinal every other night, since I do use the Duac almost every day. Trying to ween myself off the Duac, but it's hard. Sad Anyway, will try to find out if I can use the C+E and Retrinal together the next time I'm at the derm. Thanks so much for all the great info and help TheresaL! Very Happy
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Your welcome uninspiredstar. Smile

I know what you mean about the Duac. For me it was a hard decision to give up using it. Let me know what your derm says about using the Retrinal and C+E together.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |