Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SLS and paraben free shower gels
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I was just looking at the thread about Sodium Laurel Sulphate free shampoos as I have run out of hair care. I am also looking for a luxurious new shower gel without SLS and parabens. I love heady white flower scents or anything sweet smelling and would love to hear some ideas. Nice packaging and creamy texture would be a bonus. Smile
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
well, it doesn't take care of the packaging or the creamy texture, but i go through phases of LOVING the dr. bronner's liquid soaps and being distracted by some other shiny before going back to them Smile
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I want to try Dr. Bronner, Am I supposed to mix it with water? Or can be used directly like liquid soap? Smile (for body wash)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I love Jason body washes. I buy the largest size pumps on vitacost.com and use them in the shower and refill my pump for hand soap by the sink. They have shampoo too but I've never tried it.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, I like Dr Bronner a lot, but if I use it too often my skin feels really dry, or maybe I am just not used to a soap any more...
Jason's economy sizes are useful and their hair care is ok too, but the packaging doesn't rock my boat, but thanks for both suggestions.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Fresh Body Market makes an SLS-free Shower Cream that smells like Strawberry ice cream---delicious! Otherwise I use just use Jason's Tea Tree Shower gel--- smells great and keeps the blemishes away!^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
joziegrozy wrote:
I want to try Dr. Bronner, Am I supposed to mix it with water? Or can be used directly like liquid soap? Smile (for body wash)

You don't have to mix with water. Just use it straight but you only need a tiny bit cause it's very concentrated. This stuff is like liquid bar soap when you rinse it off. It leaves your skin squeaky clean and for me wasn't drying. However it wasn't my favorite body wash. Smile
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks cloe Smile what is ur favorite then? (I need suggestions!) Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Right now because of budget I use Shikai moisturizing shower gel (Yuzu japanese citrus scent) but now that I've just taken a close look at the ingredients, I see it's not as good as I thought it was. It's got parabens and a couple of different kinds of sulfates. Shock Geez! I guess I'm going to have to search out a good one. I'll let you know what I find. Smile
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Ok Smile I will also take a look in the Healthy Options/Organic Shops at home Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
cloe wrote:
Right now because of budget I use Shikai moisturizing shower gel (Yuzu japanese citrus scent) but now that I've just taken a close look at the ingredients, I see it's not as good as I thought it was. It's got parabens and a couple of different kinds of sulfates. Shock Geez! I guess I'm going to have to search out a good one. I'll let you know what I find. Smile

I have that too! I didn't read the label when I bought it, and was quite surprised when I read the ingredients. Oh well...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Hauschka makes two LUSCIOUS BOdy Washes, "Fresh" and "FLoral". They are sumptious, rich, moisturizing, sls-free, organic. The Floral smells like rose combined with...??? I would definitely try it, or both.

As for shampoo's: Aubrey, Giovanni, UltraAesthetics, John Master's, Logona, Dr. Hauschka, Primavera,... there are others...I'll post again if I think of them.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |