Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::REVIEW:: Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Well. I really wanted this to work, but unfortunately I haven't seen any results yet. I guess this one might not work for me. I've been using it for a month now, but I haven't seen any difference in my dark circles (thin skin, blue showing through). I think if it was going to work for me there should have been some slight difference at least by now. Sad I hadn't been expecting a miracle, but I was hoping for atleast a slight lightening. I will continue to use it up since it seems ok for moisturizing (although I do layer some Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm eye cream over top).

Well, onto the next thing! If at first you don't succeed ... try, try again!

So yeah, I'm open to other suggestions. Smile
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I had good luck with Jason Vitamin K Creme Plus but it seems as if vitamin K works as a solution for some people and not for others. It must depend on what the circle is caused by. In my experience, it works best for the kind of circles you get from lack of sleep of for me, sinus congestion. I have heard hylexin may work for the type of circle you seem to be describing, but I do not have experience with that product. Good luck! Smile
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
hmm... i was planning to buy this based on the positive reviews i read on the forum but now i think i'll wait and shop around
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:
hmm... i was planning to buy this based on the positive reviews i read on the forum but now i think i'll wait and shop around

I'd read positive reviews as well, but I just think some products work for some and not as well for others. You might find it does work for you. My dark circles are the kind I've had since I was a kid, thin skin which shows the blue beneath ... and they're big! So it would take alot to make a difference on mine I think! Smile

Maybe if you could get a sample, you could try before buying. I'm so bad ... I never wait for samples ... I just go right ahead and buy the full size product! I'll still use it up though ... maybe a few months down the road I'll finally see something happen.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I think this is a Beauty Insider sample at Sephora right now. I didn't get it, so I'm not totally sure.
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:

I'd read positive reviews as well, but I just think some products work for some and not as well for others. You might find it does work for you. My dark circles are the kind I've had since I was a kid, thin skin which shows the blue beneath ... and they're big! So it would take alot to make a difference on mine I think! Smile

Maybe if you could get a sample, you could try before buying. I'm so bad ... I never wait for samples ... I just go right ahead and buy the full size product! I'll still use it up though ... maybe a few months down the road I'll finally see something happen.

That's a good idea, Moonstarr. i saw sushi secret's post about trying sephora -- do you have any other ideas where or how i could get a sample of the power K eye rescue cream?

i also often just buy products to try out but i have recently bought so many expensive products that didn't work for me, i'm trying to be more careful now Smile

for the life of me i was trying to figure out where that blue emoticon scratching its head came from -- i never selected it! but i had typed *h-m-m* (without the dashes) and it turns out that's the code for that emoticon! cool!
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Sushi Secret,

thanks for the suggestion, but what is the beauty insider at sephora? how do i learn more?

and... what is *your* sushi secret??? Smile
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:34 am      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:
That's a good idea, Moonstarr. i saw sushi secret's post about trying sephora -- do you have any other ideas where or how i could get a sample of the power K eye rescue cream?

i also often just buy products to try out but i have recently bought so many expensive products that didn't work for me, i'm trying to be more careful now Smile

Perhaps you can get a sample from EDS?

I'm hoping one day I'll be better about trying samples before buying. The only time I really tried samples before buying was when I was on a Dermalogica buying frenzy a few months back and then I probably only sampled about half the products I ended up buying and now ... I'm probably only using maybe half of everything I bought!
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
the beauty insider thing is a card you sign up for online or in the store, whenever you spend $100, you get to pick one of three samples. right now in the store, they have DKNY perfume, some eye makeup primer and that Peter Roth eye cream. They have a lot of eye creams so I don't know if it's the one you're talking about.

haha...my username is from SATC when samantha was telling everyone about richard cheating on her...i don't think i should explain....=)
HeavenLeigh
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I have used this before, and this is my opinion: It is too dry and causes a stinging sensation right after I put it on. It did reduce my dark circles after a while, but my fine lines became more visible because it is dry. I find that if I go to bed earlier, my dark circles become less prominent regardless of the fact that I get 8 hours of sleep late or early. My personal opinion is that going to bed early is much more effective than PTR power K eye rescue! It reduced my dark circles much more, lol Smile For $100, I would not buy this product again because it didn't do anything dramatic. While I was happy that it did reduce my dark circles to a certain degree, it is not worth $100.
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Sushi Secret, thanks for the tip re sephora Smile btw, what is SATC?

HeavenLeigh, thanks for sharing your experience with the K eye rescue cream. i think you are right about going to bed earlier. apparently, our melatonin production (which helps us sleep) is at it's peak at 2am. i'm a late night person and 2am is early for me these days! but trying to change that!
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Where did you hear that about melatonin? That's really interesting; I take melatonin supplements when I can't sleep sometimes, I'm afraid I'm going to get hooked on them!

SATC= Sex and The City!
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Sushi Secret -- i read that somewhere on the internet. don't remember where... maybe if you do a search you'll find info on it

ok re SATC Smile I did not use to get that channel -- now i do. reruns are on but they are not in any particular order Sad

i'll pay attention next time i see the episode of samantha talking about her breakup with richard! Wink
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I was really hoping this would work for me too, been using it for a few months and there appears to be no change in my dark circles. Found it stings slightly when I first apply and it's slightly tacky, you definitely need to use another more moisturizing eye creme with it.
Also am not that keen on the little grey beads in it. Are you meant to burst them open?

So I wouldn't repurchase, it's an expensive product and i'm happier with the Cellcosmet eye cream.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Yes you should rub the little pieces in your fingers before applying - this activates the K liposomes (or whatever they are called).

I love this eye cream. I would say that it doesnt seem that moisturising but I think it does have a great effect on the eye area and does help dark circles. I decided this time to order the oxygen eye cream (also PTR) and this seems better for lines/plumping up but I don't really have any. I went for it really because I wanted to save the cash so I could indulge in some GoSmile Smile I will definitely buy the vitamin K gel again but I think if you have lines, you'd be better off with the oxygen (which is also a lot less expensive).
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've been trying to rub the cream between my fingers before applying, to burst the little grey beads, but I find it impossible to break them. I must be doing something wrong!

Haven't given up yet though. Been using it everyday, and will do until I've finished the jar Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |