Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Organic Skincare?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Julie

I didn't get PSF too at first then I googled and found that it stood for Pure Skin Formulations. I ordered 4 items from EDS and I hope they work for me or I'd have wasted $100!
pellie
5% products discount

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hands down NaturDerm products. It is so hard to find anti-aging product lines that do not have silicones, and they don't use parabens or fillers. Great products, and EDS carries the line!
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
My new favourite and natural line is, hands down, Ren. Their masks are some of the most effective I've ever tried and everything feels and works beautifully. I hope EDS carries this line at some point!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
hi gals,
any idea the names of those harmful filers like parabens mentioned? If you can provide the full names, we'd know how to identify them when we see ths ingredient list. As such, I only look at stuff I recognise as extracts and anything else with a chemical name, I denounce.
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:03 am      Reply with quote
I found this awesome cleanser at vitacost by a brand called orjene. I'm loving it so far, it makes my skin so soft and clean without drying it, that is a first. I'll still have to see how it fares with my acne.
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:53 am      Reply with quote
AHHH!! Okay I just ordered a couple of Henry Tianus products and the first one I used from the bunch DID NOT impress me at all, I had such high hopes too....

I tried the Raspberry Deep Cleansing Mask and when I put it on it was really and I mean REALLY tingling my skin, uncomfortably so but I wanted to give it a full go so I left it on for 10 minutes and when I took it off my face was BRIGHT red!! Why oh why would they put menthol in this mask? I suspect it is the culprit, it is the last item on the ingredients list. Can someone suggest some all natural organic lines that have good masks? My venture into natural skin care lines hasn't started off very well Sad ....
sissyp
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
With my second pregnancy I researched organic/natural skin care and gave Liz Earle a try. I like the hot cloth cream cleanser but the normal lotion made my skin feel "suffocated". Then went to Yonka but it's not organic and has parebens, etc.. so I am on the lookout again for something effective and safe. I've used Dr. H and like the line but not in love. I've been curious about Jurlique and have read about Stella McCartney's line but never tried. So many products and just one face to try them on... Oh, and the money thing...
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
sissyp wrote:
With my second pregnancy I researched organic/natural skin care and gave Liz Earle a try. I like the hot cloth cream cleanser but the normal lotion made my skin feel "suffocated". Then went to Yonka but it's not organic and has parebens, etc.. so I am on the lookout again for something effective and safe. I've used Dr. H and like the line but not in love. I've been curious about Jurlique and have read about Stella McCartney's line but never tried. So many products and just one face to try them on... Oh, and the money thing...

Hi sissyp,
I considered Jurlique too. Was drawn by the packaging, I confess. Plus some of the items are cheaper than Dr H. But after doing some research (ended up discovering this website), the feedback on Jurlique wasn't great and I stumbled upon Pure Skin Formulations. I just ordered it and hope it works wonders as some claimed it did for them.

Btw, how does all these facial ingredients affect pregnancy? I thought it was absurd at first but seems like there are some genuine concerns over certain ingredients in products that could affect pregnancy. Care to elaborate?
sissyp
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've read retinols and salicylic acid in particular are of concern so I steered clear of these. Every doc it seems has varying opinions as to whether topical application is a problem but better safe than sorry. I used Liz Earle and Caudalie this time around. With my first I used Decleor. The Caudalie Vinopefect line is nice and helps fade dark spots and the mask of pregnancy. I am still trying to find natural products without all the added "stuff" that work but it's trial and error. I love stealing a minute or two on this forum for a little research, it's a great source of info but so bad in that I always leave wanting to add yet another product to my wish list.
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes I do agree with you on the fact that this forum makes you buy more! That is not good. tsk tsk.

So you've used Decleor. What do you think of it? I'm always on the look out for the basic 3 - cleanser, toner, moisturisr. So let me know your verdict of this brand if you used the basic 3 from them. It's organic too right?
sissyp
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Not organic as far as I know but they use natural ingredients, aromatherapy, etc.. I love Decleor actually and keep coming back to it. In fact, I just reordered neroli and ylang ylang oils (my staples). I have used the basic three including the milk cleanser and foaming cleanser. Both are nice and smell fresh and clean. Neither cleanser is great for the price but they work well without drying out my skin. The toner is wonderful, light and refreshing. I have used the hydra floral lotion (not the cream, which I have just ordered as well) and the eye lotion during my first pregnancy as they had minimal "harsh" ingredients and was happy. My skin was oiler then but now I am getting a little older and drier so I am going for more hydrating formulas. The line, probably like most, can be a simple routine or complicated depending on how involved you want it to be. I tend to keep it simple and usually just apply neroli or ylang ylang at night, nothing else unless I want a little extra then I will top with lotion or night cream. During the day its wash, tone, face and eye lotion. I think that's why I quit using Caudalie because there's serum (eye and face) then wait for it to absorb then lotion. But, I can honestly tell you my favorite night cream to date is Caudalie vino perfect night. I'm hoping I'll love the Decleor hydra floral cream too. I am a sucker for scent which is most likely why I come back to Decleor as well. It's all essential oils and my skin always looks fresh when I use their products. After breastfeeding I will probably end up trying the Experience de L'Age line unless I find something without the parabens first.
vizhu
5% products discount

Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Aesop, hands down the best for me. I'm combination with oily T zones. I love their cleanser, toner, serum and primose mask. I will definitely continue using it.
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished using the sample of Aesop's Primrose Moisturiser and I must say I love the fragrance and it seems to absorb into my skin quite well, keeping it moisturised.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
i have found decleor to clog pores...possibly due to the essential oils from it.........but i love the smell of the products its very girly and soothing and calming Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I have combination skin. Generally speaking, organics won't make miracles, but I like Aesop because it smells divine.
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:48 am      Reply with quote
julian_y wrote:
I have combination skin. Generally speaking, organics won't make miracles, but I like Aesop because it smells divine.

I do agree
cora-lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Combination/drier in winter, sensitive (reactive) skin.

I love Suki moisturising (nutritive) serum, and i have just started using also organic oils (argan, calendula, grapeseed).
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I'll second the vote for Dr. Alkaitis products. They are expensive, but they definitely last a long time - even with my husband and I sharing the cleanser. For my somewhat combo skin (which tends to get some zits, though not full blown acne), I've been using the cleanser, toner, soothing gel (as my moisturizer), and eye cream. At first I didn't use the toner all the time, and didn't think it did much, but when I added it into the regular rotation it's definitely made a difference - more consistently clear, glowy skin (at night I only use the cleanser, toner, and eye cream). For the occasional bump I still use I Feel Pretty's Healing Serum, and combined with the Alkaitis routine, this seems to work really fast at calming and shrinking zits. I used to use Differin to keep my pores clear, but decided to see how the Alkaitis products worked without it, and they seem to actually be working better - plus I love knowing that everything is silicone, paraben, etc. free now. Hoping to eventually save up to get a Dr. A. facial . . .
panzz
5% products discount

Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I love Dr. H and Jurlique~! Not a fan of Eminence because I used their Stone Face Wash and it dried my face! I requested Aesop for products for EDS to carry... I hope they will soon!!! I want to try it with the rave reviews!
ceci
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
i love aesop and eminence organic.
especially aesop's products.
the organic's products are good for sensitive skin.
lilyflower
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Agave wrote:
My new favourite and natural line is, hands down, Ren. Their masks are some of the most effective I've ever tried and everything feels and works beautifully. I hope EDS carries this line at some point!

dear Agave,
Can I know more about ren product from you? recently,Im interested in this line,especially their suerm(Revivo-Lift H11 Intensive Night Serum) and mask (Phyto-Dynamic Instant Lifting Gel). Have you ever tried this 2 items ?
samuelfrzk
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:30 am      Reply with quote
It needs a long time to see the effects, so sometimes it is difficult to compare these organic products.
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I love the line of Sundari that sold on EDS, it is the best orgnic product I have used. Very worth to try,
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:06 am      Reply with quote
tuna wrote:
I love Nude and Dr. Alkaitis, they are really suit for my combination/oily skin

Hi, can you make them more details, I am intrested it too
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:03 am      Reply with quote
lilyflower wrote:
Agave wrote:

dear Agave,
Can I know more about ren product from you? recently,Im interested in this line,especially their suerm(Revivo-Lift H11 Intensive Night Serum) and mask (Phyto-Dynamic Instant Lifting Gel). Have you ever tried this 2 items ?

I'm not Agave, but the Ren products I've used and liked are the eye makeup remover, the jojoba face scrub, and my personal favorite, the tamanu high glide shave oil.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |