Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Best Organic Skincare?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
i have tried quite a number of products from dr H and jurlique. some of the products i have liked are :
jurlique = deep penetrating mask & face wash cream
dr hauschka = lip balm (pot), rhythmic night conditioner, rejuvenating mask

only tried a few stuff from weleda and all are good esp. everon lip balm and cold cream

also love Kosmea Rose Hip Oil Smile

wildflower : what products do you like from primavera? very curious abt this brand.

Has anyone heard of The Organic Pharmacy from UK? Is it worth checking out?

TIA...
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Responding to the question about Burt's Bees, I've used a number of their body care products but haven't tried the facial moisturizers, cleansers, etc. Things I've liked include the Res-Q ointment (great for insect bites, cuts, even bruises), hand balm (I even use it on my cheekbones on winter hikes to prevent windburn), lip balm (good for the price but doesn't really compare to Weleda or Hauschka), deodorant (pleasant but maybe a little masculine in scent for some). I've also used and liked the cream eyeshadow. As others have noted, it tends to melt rather quickly. I do like it for casual wear in hot weather because unlike powder eyeshadow it settles evenly. That is, it just sort of fades instead of settling into clumpy creases. Hope that makes some kind of sense!
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
If I had to stick to certain brands...

Astara (fantastic, uplifting and wondrous smelling/working products)
Dr. Hauschka
Juice Beauty
SeaChi
Simply Divine Botanicals
Rachel Perry (for the masks, scrubs and the seminal Tangerine Dream cleanser)

For bodycare, I adore EO and Weleda.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Primivera - great line I did a review not long ago thing is they only sell it at Saffron-Rogue.com but its great similiar to Dr H

HTH
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
Primivera - great line I did a review not long ago thing is they only sell it at Saffron-Rogue.com but its great similiar to Dr H

HTH

Have you tried their exfoliating cleanser? I'm always eyeing it when I go to the SR site.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Poppy wrote:
i have tried quite a number of products from dr H and jurlique. some of the products i have liked are :
jurlique = deep penetrating mask & face wash cream
dr hauschka = lip balm (pot), rhythmic night conditioner, rejuvenating mask

only tried a few stuff from weleda and all are good esp. everon lip balm and cold cream

also love Kosmea Rose Hip Oil Smile

wildflower : what products do you like from primavera? very curious abt this brand.

Has anyone heard of The Organic Pharmacy from UK? Is it worth checking out?

TIA...

Hi Poppy... I happened to be at New London drugs yesterday and went to check out the Organic Pharmacy line. $70 USD for the Rose Cleansing Gel everyone was talking about here Shock Shock

I asked if they had samples, but, the (very sweet) salesgirl said that they did not.

As a related segue... New London is a really awesome, little store. They had the entire Jane Iredale line and tons of little brands like Trilogy and Neal's Yard. I'm going to have to go back when I don't have an impatient boi in tow with a growling belly Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Yes i use the cleansing cream, toner and the exfoliting cleanser, the moisterizer is a bit heavy for the summer so I use Jurlique HRG
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Agave : Yikes! That is one expensive cleanser Shock
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:07 am      Reply with quote
OK, here is my list:

#1 hands-down favorite: The Organic Pharmacy

Others:

Osea
Weleda (but you will find certain chemicals in some of their products)
Astara
Dr. Hauschka
Juice Beauty

Now that I have found so many lovely organic/chemical free brands recently, I am going to try and get back onto routines based on those principals.

Problem is, that means giving up Cellcosmet, Remergent, Cellex-C (and Juvedical, IS Clinical, PSF and Valmont, which I also like).... perhaps I will keep a few "naughty" things .. LOL

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I love the 100% organic serums from Luzern Laboratories. As well as their non-organic cleanser and amazing system 02 mask.

I also love the Ambrosia creme from Rosa y Fruta as well as the dulce fresca powder mask/cleanser and the organic camellia oil for cleansing.

I use organic rosewater and orangeblossom water as well as their organic rosehip seed oil, coconut, avocado + macadamia nut oils from crabbe & wylde botanicals

I tried the Organic Pharmacy's Carrot Cleanser and experienced a whitehead break out with it Sad - most likely because of the beeswax.
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Hauschka & Weleda

Although I have heard many raves about Primavera and they are definitely on the list of "to try soon"!!! Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use all organic skincare but am currently using two organic products: Henry Tianus brightening serum and eye/lip/neck serum -- I am really enjoying them both.

The brightening serum is 10% stabilised vit C and kojic, definite results with fading sun damage and getting rid of dullness. My sensitive skin can also handle this vit C, other vit Cs have caused severe irritation.

Eye serum absorbs well and is soothing to other sensitive areas. I have not tried anything else in the line but these two products are great and I will repurchase.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Ren in the UK have some rather nice stuff too.

I've just bought the Organic Pharmacy Double Rose Rejuvenating Cream and I'm loving it so far. You need the tiniest little bit and my skin seems to be looking a bit more glowing than usual.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I like Trilogy Rose Hip Oil....cheap and very moisturizing.

And I've recently just order Rose Cleansing Gel from Organic Pharmacy. Still waiting for it to arrive. Hope I'll love it (on the second thought, maybe not as it's so expensive!). Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Kiss My Face Olive & Honey soap as a facial cleanser. It gets my face very clean without drying it, and it is very gentle. It is also only about $2!
kalegr
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I use products from [Akin] and Dr Hauschka and have never been disappointed with any of their products. The Rose and Geranium Cleanser/Toner from [Akin] is my favourite cleanser!
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Burt's Bees products. For the price you cannot beat them. I also like Dr. H and JB, but as I am on a limited budget it's usually Burt's Bees for me. Their Rosewater & Glycerin toner is my HG toner - I can't say enough about it. Also very good are their Repair Serum, Carrot body lotion, cuticle cream, and Royal Jelly Eye Cream, which makes a great lip balm! I'm going to go use some now.

(However I should add I am not sure this is an organic line and some of their products are not 100% natural.)
SharonJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
i havent find my favourite ....

and to be honest i dun think theres no product 100% "pure"

i never used Dr Hauschka be4
since so many people recommend i will give a try later on

(i had a quick look on the ingredients of some of Dr Hauschka's products and i was surprised that they dont contain any fragrance/phenoxyethanol/
butylparaben etc. Embarassed )
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:44 am      Reply with quote
juice beauty & primavera life Cool
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:44 am      Reply with quote
Jurlique has a few very nice products aswell as Triolgy Rose hip oil. Akin and alchemy also have some awesome products
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:31 am      Reply with quote
I'd definitely recommend REN products (although I haven't really tried their skincare), I'm currently using the Moroccan Rose bodywash and body lotion and they are fabulous - smell lovely and they leave the skin really soft.
LilyPond
5% products discount

Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Herbal luxury and love it.
puregdstuf
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Eminence- great masques
Miessence- very mild caring skincare.
Laventine Cleassing Oil- My Fav!

gonna check out the many other brands mentioned here. So many choices!
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
i like dr.h cleaning cream and lip balm.
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I like burt's bees, and I like the price even more.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |