Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Must buy at Sephora
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm from Vancouver, Canada and the 14% GST+PST just killing me...I'm departing to Vegas this weekend and would like to know if anything (skincare product) is a must buy at Sephora. I would like to get the JB Lip Trio SPF 15. What's your opinion?
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:58 am      Reply with quote
If I had a chance to go to Sephora, I'll get Rare Minerals for sure!! Razz
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
I would try the Cosmedicine skin care line. It is on the Sephora website, but they do not ship that certain line to Canada, it is restricted, not sure why.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ocha,

I recently purchased Rare Minerals at one of the Toronto Sephora shops ... and for sure I'd get it in the U.S. if I had a chance.

Despite our very strong dollar compared to the U.S. dollar ... Rare Minerals is about $60 in the U.S. ... but it's $85 in Canada!

So for sure ... I'd go for Rare Minerals.

I've only been using this for a week now ... and I don't use the sponge applicator ... but I use a BE Baby Buki ... and I am very pleased with the results so far with this.

Have fun in Vegas!

Mary

ps ... Have lots and lots of fun at Sephora! It's a wonderful store ... and I could spend days in there! Laughing One of the salesgirls said that she had a husband and wife in there once and the husband said ... "Okay ... now I get it. This is like a Home Depot for women!" I thought the comparison apt. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Sephora Make-up Brushes are very good, I can't live without my lip brush and my MIL loves their lipsticks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
2nd on the rare minerals. if you buy it online it will still be 85 Sad
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
YAY SEPHORA! I've spent five hours in that store in a single afternoon. They just opened one by my house and I have been delirious with delight. I would say DEFINITELY at least smell this scrumptious perfume called Lemon Sugar by Fresh. Get samples of EVERYTHING you're even tempted by cuz their samples are free. Hmm what else. Anything Frederic Fekkai. It's like a good hair day in a bottle. HAVE FUN!
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:
One of the salesgirls said that she had a husband and wife in there once and the husband said ... "Okay ... now I get it. This is like a Home Depot for women!" I thought the comparison apt. Laughing

This makes me laugh to death Laughing ...I completely agree!!!
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've visited Sephora at Santa Monica LA last year and discovered that some brands have got trail kits with reasonable price in the store.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I went to the Sephora on 5th Avenue back in April and it was amazing. It was so much bigger than the ones in Toronto. I could have stayed there forever but my sister rushed me. I didn't even get a chance to sample everything. Sad
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, forget to check spelling. Trial size is correct.

To Yen, is there a Sephora in Toronto? where about?
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi bb2000,

There are two Sephora stores in Toronto ... at least I think there are just two.

The one I went to is in Yorkdale Mall ... and the other is probably downtown ... possibly in Yorkville?

At any rate, if you go to the Sephora website and click on their "store locator" ... select "other countries" and then "Canada" and then "Toronto" it will give you the addresses and hours of the Toronto-based stores.

Good luck!

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Ojon...Philosphey Bath and Body products.
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
BB,
the other (the first, actually) Sephora store is at the Eaton Center. Opened last December.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
In my opinion Sephora is expensive store.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I keep going back and forth to sephora online trying to figure out how to spend a $25 gift card I got from Coke Rewards. Seems it's harder to make a decision when it's free for some odd reason.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Mary,

What results did you get from Rare Minerals? Is it worth the $85 price tag? Thanks.
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
Ojon...Philosphey Bath and Body products.

Yeah! I really want to try the Philosophy Bath and Body Products. There're so many choices that I still can't make up my mind. Have you tried any of those, Olivia? Which one is your favourite? I'll like to try the Ojon hair products as well, is it cheaper to buy at Sephora?
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
bb2000 wrote:
To Yen, is there a Sephora in Toronto? where about?

Eaton Centre - same level as Indigo

Yorkdale - in the same area as Old Navy, H&M

Square One (Mississauga) - recently opened

Don't forget to ask for samples. Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:19 am      Reply with quote
tidieu wrote:
Mary,

What results did you get from Rare Minerals? Is it worth the $85 price tag?
WTH is this?!?! Is that price in Canadian dollars or something? Because the Rare Minerals at my Sephora store is $60USD. If you're paying $85 at an American Sephora store, you're getting screwed.

ETA: Nevermind, I just re-read the previous posts and realized you ARE talking about Canadian dollars. Just ignore me and my ID-10-T error! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

BTW, though Sephora technically doesn't offer samples of Rare Minerals, if you are INSISTENT with the sales assistant, they WILL decant a bit of it into a sample container for you to try. It's a bit of a hassle for them to do it, which is why they typically say "no" to sample requests when asked. But I spent so much money in Sephora each month that the SAs in my store wouldn't DARE so no to me because they know I'd have their guts for garters!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:54 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
But I spent so much money in Sephora each month that the SAs in my store wouldn't DARE so no to me because they know I'd have their guts for garters!!!

rofl Glad you're in Texas hon. Would NOT want to be the 1 who ever pulled you over! rofl
athena
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Get the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum. I LOVE it! Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
carekate wrote:
But I spent so much money in Sephora each month that the SAs in my store wouldn't DARE say no to me because they know I'd have their guts for garters!!!

rofl Glad you're in Texas hon. Would NOT want to be the 1 who ever pulled you over! rofl
Does this mean if I'm ever driving thru Chicago and get pulled over by Officer Candessence, that she wouldn't let CareKate off with just a warning?!

Meandering off topic: It’s funny you should bring up being pulled over by the cops because the irony is that I actually *do* have a serious lead-foot -- when I was a little girl, I wanted to grow up to win the Indy 500 AND the Formula One World Championship (in the same year, no less - something that no man has ever even done)! Obviously I’m not a race car driver, but I still get my jollies testing my driving skills on a hilly, curvy, winding road. My 2nd biggest pet peeves are traffic related: A) heavy-duty trucks driving in the fast lane (or – worse yet – big rig trucks side-by-side blocking BOTH/ALL lanes of traffic so I can’t get around them – I have a special name for that: “lane jerk-barrier”), B) slow drivers in the fast lane and C) drivers who hit the brake pedal as they are entering the apex of a curve! Hello? Any race-car driver worth his salt will tell you the quickest way to lose control on sharp curve or turn is to brake when you get to the apex! This drives me absolutely fug-buck because if I am behind you when you hit the brakes, it means that you blow my driving rhythm so that I am no longer able to wind it out on the turns...(before you ask, yes, I actually HAVE been to racing school – and graduated at the top of my class!). Fortunately, that despite my need for speed, I have only ever gotten three speeding tickets in my life and – I don’t want to say the real word out loud for fear of jinxing myself, but it rhymes with “smashed” up a car.

My son, on the other hand...he’s inherited my speed demon tendencies but doesn’t quite have my luck: in the months immediately following his obtaining a driver’s license, my mom bought him an old 1990 Nissan XZ (or is it ZX?) that he totalled within six weeks of getting it (single-car crash, no injuries). However, during that six week period, he singlehandedly helped officers of four separate law enforcement agencies/counties make their monthly “quota” of writing speeding tickets (is that really true or just a myth?) when CareKate, Jr. racked up an impressive 27 separate speeding tickets, one of which was for going 93 mph in a 55 mph zone on Hwy 183 (one of the only north/south arteries connecting Austin to its western suberbs) during 5pm rush hour on a Tuesday. How the hell he managed to be going that fast in that situation is a marvel to me because I happened to be stuck behind a snail patrol in that same area that day and the fastest I was able to go was 15 mph!! After I chewed him out for getting all those tickets, he had the nerve to call me a hypocrite. Now wait just a minute, buster: Yeah, I might drive like Mario Andretti, but the difference is I DON'T GET CAUGHT!!!!!! Duh.

But, wait! My son’s impressive driving record doesn’t end there: after he totaled the Nissan, my mom started letting him drive HER car (I ain’t no fool – that boy will NEVER get his hands on my car keys, but unfortunately my mother doesn’t have quite as much sense as I do and has always spoiled my son rotten), which he wrecked beyond repair in just 8 short months by apparently repeatedly jumping curbs/speed bumps at high rates of speed and tore out the car’s front end. Did my mother learn her lesson about letting him drive her car? Hell fuggin’ no! When she bought a new car to replace that one, the day she brought it home she told him, “Junior, you’re never going to drive this car so don’t even ask!” and within 48-hours she had handed over the keys whereupon little CK Jr. promptly got pulled over for making a “rolling stop” at a 4-way intersection and hauled off to spend a night in jail when a routine check of his license for any outstanding warrants revealed that his driver’s license had (FINALLY) been suspended after collecting another 13 traffic violations since the original 27 and that he had never shown up for any of those court dates or paid the obligatory fines. While little CK was being carted off in the paddy wagon, a tow truck showed up to impound my mother’s brand new car whereupon she had to pay something like $275 in impound fees before she was able to get it back. Did my mother learn her lesson then? Let me put it this way: after the judge released my son ROR the next morning – remind me to tell you the story behind THAT sometime – he was back behind the wheel of Granny’s new car that afternoon!

Oh dear, I really got off on one of my rabbit trails this time, didn’t I? Embarassed Please forgive me is a surrender my choke-hold on this thread so it can return back to its original subject matter....

Enjoy your shopping trip to Sephora, Ocha! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Carekate - you seem to have one great mom and a young lad there. Hold on tight!

There is a Sephora at Square One in Canada. Very Happy Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I have had incredible luck with Sephora makeup brushes. I have the "travel" set which has full size brushes and comes in a cute case. If you are dilligent about washing these brushes 3 or 4 times a month then I think they will last you forever.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |