Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
what products makes your skin heal faster?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:38 am      Reply with quote
zinc or diaper cream called panaten and poly spoin thats what my estititian recomends on my skin that needs healing
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Earth to Body Clay-Neem Treatment (www.earthtobody.ca ) has helped with the deep cleansing of my skin and healing my acne faster.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I like neosporin cream for scrapes.
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Would IS Clinical super serum work?

I wished it did... but unfortunately, it didn't work for me Sad
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Goofygal wrote:
Skincare wrote:
Would IS Clinical super serum work?

I wished it did... but unfortunately, it didn't work for me Sad

I've found that I've had to back off of anything with a high concentration of Vit C as I will begin to look like I've got a bad sunburn. To recover I've gone back to Kinerase cream til my skin improves. My only complaint about Kinerase cream is the cost. When I first got it the 30gm size was about 30 dollars then the price doubled overnight.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have problems with vit c products too, with the exception of Triple C from DianaYvonne.com or the C&C from Jason-Beckett (sp?). Neither one of those bother me, because of the lack of ascorbic acid I think.
pele
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
removing the scab too early in my experience has just resulted in scarring. when I squeeze a zit now, I just wipe it with an alcohol swipe pad a few million times until it dries completely out, and then I rub cortisone cream and it goes away really fast. Usually the scab is really easy to come off then, and then it's okay and doesn't leave a scar.

I used to pick off the scabs earlier than they should have come off because i found it was easier to cover it up with makeup, but now I know better and just leave it and suck it up for a few days until it's ready.

PS - if you are anything like me, Zinc supplements make me totally break out Sad Then again, I'm an anomoly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm really enjoying Decleor Baume essential...
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
cream de la mer.... I heard a lot about it for sensitive skin. want to try. has anybody tried this?

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Creme de la mer was far too rich for me, really clogged my skin up. I just had a sample pot from a special Harrods promo, thank god, ended up using it on my hands and feet!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:
I'm really enjoying Decleor Baume essential...

I love the Essential balm almost as much as the Ylang Ylang. They are my top choices. I also love the Iris balm and it's fitting it in with the others. I generally use the first two when my skin acts up and on good days use the Iris.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:12 am      Reply with quote
just thought about this and had to share....ask your doctor for a prescription of a lotion that cannot clog your pores and it has antibiotic in it to heal any acne after it breaks out.

I got that once and it did help a lot! What it did was basically heal my skin and moisterized the dry parts. Antiboitic was mixed with Moisteral.
Rimi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
teatea wrote:
zinc or diaper cream called panaten and poly spoin thats what my estititian recomends on my skin that needs healing

Penaten diaper-rash cream really is effective! It's a staple in our house (even though diapers are not anymore!)
Rosie Girl
5% products discount

Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
For me it's calendula gel and arnica gel...They have really helped to calm down and heal my most recent p&p flare-up with my rosacea. My skin hasn't looked this good in quite awhile! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:
Creme de la mer was far too rich for me, really clogged my skin up. I just had a sample pot from a special Harrods promo, thank god, ended up using it on my hands and feet!

I like it when I can cross things off my list (especially very expensive ones).
Very Happy
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I will pass some of these great suggestions onto a girlfriend of mine.
Thank you - full of fabulous advice as usual.

I have read that Jurlique's calendula Cream is supposed to be good insect bites - not sure if it'd be good for this problem though.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm another PSF O2 serum fan. It really heals red spots and when I over peel. I also use CPs but not on raw areas. Research shows that emu oil slows healing in the first stages but helps later.

Neosporin is also good because it halts infection and provides a barrier.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
My Decleor balms...ylang ylang and essential...so I echo the previous sentiments!

Sometimes I get lazy and forget my balm and my skin doesn't feel nearly as wonderful the next day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Where do you find calendula gel and arnica gel? I'm having a problem with blotchy, red, irritated/itchy skin on face and neck lately. I applied an oil blend for rosacea (german chamomile, french lavender, immortelle, and rosewood), and it made it much worse. Crying or Very sad
I'm stopping all my products except emu oil + hyaluronic acid until it gets better...
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
zinc and polysporin.
charlie
5% products discount

Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:56 am      Reply with quote
I asked this question of a nurse following an operation. She said the best thing to help scars healing in her experince was a cream with vitamins A and E in it once the wound is healed and dry. In the UK you can get a Nivea cream with vits A&E in it. And/or use a vit E capsule on the skin. She said the scar and surrounding area needs to be moisturised as it quickens healing and stops it getting itchy/flakey.

The scar is looking good so far!
DIY Girl
5% products discount

Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
For injured skin caused by a breakout - Emu oil and tea tree oil.

Non-breakout related - neosporin (body); polysporin (face)
skodalady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
This week I had many open sores above the lip line caused from tweezing ingrown hairs. In 4 days, I went from awful, reddened open sores to being healed. In the past, I'd tried oodles of things that didn't work -- PSF O2 serum, Vivier and Skinceuticals vitamin C serums and lots of other products. They didn't yeild such rapid healing at what I saw this week. What worked was: AminoGenesis serum (it's yellow) and then layered on top I put Triology rosehip moisturizer. The first night, I also put on some polysporin (neopsorin does not work for me).
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I use nothing Laughing, just ice if it is hurting.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
DIY Girl wrote:
For injured skin caused by a breakout - Emu oil and tea tree oil.

Non-breakout related - neosporin (body); polysporin (face)

hmm Why do you recommend neosporin for the body and polysporin for the face? Do they each have specific ingredients that are/aren't preferible to the skin on the face and body?

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |