Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
EMU OIL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dleonard
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Does anybody uses emu oil for wrinkles?? Does it work?? please advise and thank you
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I use Emu and LOVE it!!! Smile !!!

Emu is a great moisturizer, has anti-inflammatory properties and will help heal the skin barrier. BUT, emu will not erase your wrinkles. If you want to fight wrinkles, you have to use Vitamin C, Retin-A or other collagen-building actives.

Good luck!

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
dleonard
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
what kind of Vit C?? I use a serum that I purchase at the health store, does not do much for my face...........
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering how does Emu Oil compare in cosistency to say Jojoba Oil?
Also is it suitable for Oily Skin?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I use emu for excema- fantastic for that! It's great for healing. I use it on my face sometimes overnight because it moisturizes and heals irritated red skin, but I never had it help with wrinkles. Although I am a big fan of trying for yourself! Everyone is so different.

What has worked for me is a C serum, an aha serum (cellular rx refinishing serum) and also Burts Bees Repair Serum with attar of rose- the latter of which was quite a surprise to me. I ahd no idea it would work so well on my wrinkly crepey areas. I use Burts around the upper eyes every night now and it really helps with crepey skin there. And I also use it all over my face when my skin is dry from refining/"refinishing" type products, and it really helps smooth out the wrinkles for me. I use a SMALL amount, rub hands together and then dab/press it onto my face and let it soak in.I don't know if it is actually healing or just helping with the appearance of the wrinkles.

rosebud wrote:
Just wondering how does Emu Oil compare in cosistency to say Jojoba Oil?
Also is it suitable for Oily Skin?

Apologies in advance rosebud, but emu oil is like runny snot LOL. Thicker than jojoba.
I have oily skin so if I use a lot it's at night. Just an aside, you might like the bb repairing serum, I have found that it seems to calm my skin and somehow it keeps it from over producing the oils.

geesh, I swear, I start making a post and all hell breaks loose around me and it takes me thirty minutes to actually post it!

hth, Allie Grace
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
emu oil is like runny snot

Laughing Well I definately want some now!! Laughing

Allie you are not alone, I start to post and it is the same here....an hour later and I may finally have time to finnish what I writing!!

Thanks for your Emu Oil description, it helped a lot, sounds like the perfect Oil for using in the winter months.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rosebud,
A good source is lbemuoil.com,they have high quality products.I use the oil and the new eye cream.I usually mix it with HA(hylauronic acid)in my palm then apply.It will seem oily,but,will soak on.
The Burts rose stuff sounds good.
Take care,
skincare addict Very Happy
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
I use Emu and LOVE it!!! Smile !!!

Emu is a great moisturizer, has anti-inflammatory properties and will help heal the skin barrier. BUT, emu will not erase your wrinkles. If you want to fight wrinkles, you have to use Vitamin C, Retin-A or other collagen-building actives.

Good luck!

hi rubby, which brand of Emu oil did you try? I read the product description of Dremu Oil and it says the following:

Description:
Triple Refined Pure Emu Oil

Reduces wrinkles without needles
Light, odorless non pore clogging
World's most effective moisturizer
Penetrates deeply to reduce wrinkles
Absorbs immediately
Calms redness
Plumps up fine lines
Hastens healing
Soothes roughness
Rehydrates dry, chapped, skin

Botox works by paralyzing those muscles
which cause wrinkles. This causes the surrounding muscles to overcompensate,
and create new wrinkles.
Botox causes wrinkles.
Dremu erases them. As seen on Oprah.
Money Back Guarantee.

I haven't tried both the Vit C serum and the Emu oil before, so I get confused about the effectiveness of those products. Is anyone familiar with these?
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
What would tip you off to the quality of the Emu oil? If it's 100% pure, does that mean you can still get a better quality? I recently found several places that had 2 oz.'s for $15-$20. Guess I'll wait to order, until I can get some feedback from those of you who swear by it.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone tried Dremu Oil? Is it good? Question
Skinnysumo
5% products discount

Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
I know it has really good properties.... but I just can't bring myself to use it. Poor little emus! Embarassed
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I keep a small sample on hand. Great for dry patches on oily skin. Soaks in well, no odor.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |