Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
need help on picking cleanser and toner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
angela
5% products discount

Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I need help here about picking the right cleanser and toner.

I am asian in my early 30's. Have fair, thin, combination skin, my T-zone area is quite congested and I feel oily on my T-zone. Only some bumps, I guess the pores on T-zone are congested with greases, but I have no pimples.

I prefer cleansers which can be foamed up and washed off well with water. Please let me know if you have any idea, thanks in advance. Also, do you have any idea of how to get rid of those bumps (pores congestion)??? Any idea would be appreciated !
Caspers Mum

Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy

Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Angela,

I'm sure Casper's Mum will get back to you. At the moment the post is blank so I'm sure something went wrong there (don't you just love computers!!??).

At the moment I'm looking for a good foaming cleanser myself so I can't really help you in that department. I highly recommend the Phytomer Face Dew toner - it smells like roses and makes your skin feel so soft. It also doubles as an eye makeup remover (for non-waterproof makeup). I think it's suitable for all skin types from memory. In terms of blocked pores I think there is a few excellent products out there. I would highly recommend Decleor Essential Balm, a few nights of use and your skin is glowing! It's supposed to decongest your skin. Also, I would go with an exfoliator (for example Decleor Microfoliant - though you'd have to check with Magda or Casper's Mum if that is the best option for thinner skin). It is a very gentle exfoliator though, it's enzyme based instead of having beads in it. Another option would be to go for a purifying mask. Hopefully some other people on the forum might be able to suggest a good one of those.

All the best,
Mabsy.
angela
5% products discount

Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
thank you Masby for your help !!! I would definitely check out the Decleor stuff you recommened, the congested pores really pissed me off. Meanwhile, I hope Capsper mom would get back to me. And in case some other beauty junkies have any ideas, your opinion will be well appreciated!!
angela
5% products discount

Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi !

Mabsy did make some good recommendations about toner, but could anyone help on suggesting a good foaming cleaner for me please. I have fair, thin, combination skin, looking for some good cleanser which could be lathered up and clean without stripping. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi angela!

I have used these two and really loved to recommend them to you Very Happy

Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel and Decleor Foaming Cleanser. Both of them are very good and gentle to my combination/oily/sensitive skin, eventhough Dermalogica will be foamed up more :P:P:P
Ling
5% products discount

Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, ditto the Decleor cleanser. This one might suit you....Smile
Gelc
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Angela,

If you want to deal with your congested pores. I will suggest you using SkinCeuticals Cleansing Cream. It works on me to remove dead skin cells, blackheads and whiteheads.

It wash off by water easily. I'm combination skin also and quite dehydrated. Very refreshing. I'm now using the 2nd bottle. I never buy a cleanser 2nd times. Only this and Body Shop Aloe cleansing milk. I use Body Shop one to remove waterproof makeup (mascara).
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |