Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Kiss Me Mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I received my tube of Kiss Me Mascara about a week ago.,Thank You EDS for such an easy way to order and for the fast delivery. And the samples, well I never expected to receive so many. I loved them all!!!! The Kiss Me is an awesome product. I use it on my lower lashes and it stays all day. No smudging, no rub off, it just stays until you take it off. Just do not cry too much. I had a very bad experience last week and cried, well, then I had little tubes all over my face after I wiped my eyes. Just not a mascara to cry in. My eyes sometimes water a bit, that does not seem to effect the product.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Blinc  Original Tubing Mascara - Black (5 ml)
Blinc Original Tubing Mascara - Black (5 ml)

Formerly known as Kiss Me, blinc is the original mascara invented to form tiny water-resistant "tubes" around your lashes rather than painting them like conventional mascaras. Once applied, these beauty tubes bind to your lashes and cannot run, smudge, clump, or flake, even if you cry or rub your eyes. Whether your daily activities take you from the office, to your sweaty workout and then out to dinner, your lashes will look as good in the evening as they did when you first applied blinc in the morning.

erinR
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Wow, sounds great, I think I will try it. I am always looking for new great makeup!!
sassy180
5% products discount

Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
This one is on my list of things to try. I think I will purchase this weekend.
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE this mascara. I have it in dark brown and it truly does last, it separates nicely, and you can add as much as you want for a lighter or heavier look.

I have very dark, fairly full lashes, so I imagine this could have a much more dramatic effect on someone with lighter hair.

Terrific is right though...NOT a mascara to cry in. (Are there really any though?) Getting a little teary at movies is fine, but if you're going to have a sobbing hysterical fit you will get weird little flecks/tubes everywhere.

I don't wear mascara every day, but the only thing I would be concerned about is using a washcloth every time to remove it. I haven't tried using regular eye makeup remover since the instructions say to use warm water on a cloth--but it seems to tug a bit. Maybe I just need softer washcloths Confused

Oh! I'm also a contact wearer, and aside from the crying episode, I've had no problems with this flaking or coming off or irritating my eyes in any way.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:12 am      Reply with quote
This is like the 3rd time this week that someone has mentioned this mascara. It has got too be good!

I had just bought a different brand lately, but this is going on my must try list. Thanks for the review!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Tularyn, I Use a lot of water. I really saturate them before I try to remove it. When it is ready to come off it will start falling off on your fingers as you put water on your lashes.
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I got this mascara a couple of weeks ago based on what I had read in this forum. I LOVE this stuff!!!

While it's not the most volumizing mascara I've ever used, I love the fact that it does NOT smudge, even with our hot, humid Georgia summer (and my oily eyelids). I'm hoping that using my Jan Marini eyelash treatment will make the volumizing less of an issue.

I went swimming in it last weekend with no problems. Just remember not to rub your eyes! I haven't cried with it on (yet Confused ), so maybe the saline in one's tears has a different effect? But I'm betting as long as you don't rub your eyes, it would stay put better.
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I use a volumizing mascara over the top of Kiss me on my upper lashes when I want more volume. It works great and the mascara still comes off easily.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I wear it when I need a long lasting mascara and it's fabulous!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
terrific wrote:
I use a volumizing mascara over the top of Kiss me on my upper lashes when I want more volume. It works great and the mascara still comes off easily.

terrific, I use Kiss Me on top of my other mascara so that it wont smudge. If you happen to have the same problem as me with panda eyes, this is very helpful.
Sephora_Love

Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
i used kiss me, i though it was terrible, absolutely no volume or fluffing like with a regular mascara.

DiorShow is by far my favorite.
erinR
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I think this is worth a try...there is nothing worse than smudgdy mascara
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I personally like this mascara because I am looking for a more 'natural' look instead of volume. I have tried many brands and ended up with 'Panda' eyes by mid-day - with the exception of a Japanese brand 'Covermark'. The Kiss Me mascara is better than Covermark in that it 'tubes' the lashes - not paints on them. And using it with the lash primer yields even better results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
The tubes and the water removal take a little getting used to, but it does last. I also sometimes use another mascara under or over, depending what I am doing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Looks like I'm in the minority here but I don't like this mascara at all. Bought a tube about 18 months ago and have only used it maybe two or three times. Agreed, it has a nice glossy finish but I don't like the "removal process". I worry that pulling the tubes off will also pull out a lash or two. Maybe i'm doing something wrong?
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
I worry that pulling the tubes off will also pull out a lash or two. Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

Hi, did you try using a cotton pad soak in warm water? With a little pressure the tubes should come off quite easily. Then splash with running tap water.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:19 am      Reply with quote
lifeisbeautiful wrote:
I personally like this mascara because I am looking for a more 'natural' look instead of volume. I have tried many brands and ended up with 'Panda' eyes by mid-day - with the exception of a Japanese brand 'Covermark'. The Kiss Me mascara is better than Covermark in that it 'tubes' the lashes - not paints on them. And using it with the lash primer yields even better results.

Have you tried Dr. Hauschka mascara? It's very natural, easy to remove, but it doesn't smudge/flake throughout the day. I love it and keep meaning to do a review to tag onto Mabsy's. Although it's natural, it does still give my lashes great definition and they're always soft to the touch with it on.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't use a cotton pad or warm water, just cold water. That's probably why the tubes didn't come off so easily. I'll give the warm water a try.
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I saw the reviews here and it reminded me that I had a sample, so I decided to give it a try.

I wanted to wait till I had tried it at least 2x, and now I have...

I find this mascara takes longer to dry than I'm used to, so it ended up smearing when I blinked. While it goes on nicely, I didn't get any volume.

Both times i found my upper lashes getting tangled up with my lower ones when i blinked, so that it felt like my lashes were stuck together. Don't remember ever experiencing that before.

Since this comes off with water, it's not entirely waterproof. I found the process of removing it pretty easy (yes, used warm water), but as gentle as i felt I was being, I lost 1 lash the first time I removed, and 2 lashes the second time. Could be a coincidence.

The tubes that come off were cool, I have to say. But seeing how they don't disintegrate, I would be concerned with clogging the drain if I let them go down the sink.
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
im gonna have to go with the fact that im also in the minority category here as well- Its nice that this mascara stays on for a long time, but I don't think that it adds any volume or length to your lashes. I would prefer using a mascara that does THAT instead of the all in one, and then using something like the Laura Gellar sealer over my lashes to make sure that it stays on. Smile
jilllpa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I would have to agree with some others on this mascara. It is very hard to remove, and I find that it clumps up on my lashes.
I read a great review on EDS for Physicians Formula mascara in a tube and bought it at CVS for only $5.00. This mascara did lengthen and volumize my lashes as promised.
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
L'Oreal Voluminous is great mascara too- its in a gold tube at CVS
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
As i mentioned earlier, I didn't really like this mascara as I found it difficult to remove.

Have since bought Kevyn Aucoin The Mascara. At the time I ordered it, I didn't realise it was also the "tube" kind of mascara... if I had I probably wouldn't have ordered it. However, it comes off much easier than the Kiss Me, for me anyway. Also, I prefer the KA brush...it's one of those long thin straight types which makes it easier to get into the corners. Packaging is quite nice too, long thin red metallic case.

Will probably buy this again, although there will probably be something new I want to try by then Laughing
syllie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the primer and Blinc mascara 2 or 3 times. I might use it for hot summer days specially if you are going to swim. Without the primer it does not provide enough of an effect for me. I don't known if I would buy it again, have to think about it. The mascara I use every day and really like is Loreal Volume Shocking. I've found that I don't need to use the primer that comes with this mascara. I love the aplicator which is a comb, separates the lashes really well and will not clump Smile
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:14 am      Reply with quote
The Kiss Me Mascara is one of the few products I've used for quite some time. It works well for me, doesn't clump,good but not great enhancer, most important the raccoon eyes are gone. I must use warm water and a nice cleanser, but then the product removes easily from my eyes. Besides I do this anyway before bed, so no biggie!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |