Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::REVIEW:: Clarins Lotus Oil vs Decleor
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
I found this thread and decided to answer this neglected question and to do my 1st EDS review.

I am currently switching to different products and different brands but I have been using almost all Clarins products so I have been using the Lotus Oil for quite a while. One bottle is 40mL and it lasts FOREVER because I personally only use 1 drop, but generally you should use 2-3. It is VERY important to use it correctly, in the beginning I was not so I found it ineffective. The CORRECT usage is after your toner when your face is still damp from it, PAT the oil on, do not massage/rub. THEN spritz with water to SET the oil (I was told this by my Sales, I use Evian to set it, I'm sure you can use your toner or just tap water whichever you like, you can even use your PSF O2 serum for those who have it!). Tissue off any excess water, then continue with the rest of your skincare routine. This is recommended use for night time only, I've tried it in the daytime, I have combo/oily and I find it's too rich for the day.

In terms of effectiveness I wake up with LESS oily skin and in the beginning I found that I was less oily hours after I put it on (I don't sleep immediately after my PM skincare routine, I'm more of a nocturnal person). However the immediacy effect subsided after a while.

I do not use the Lotus Oil anymore, I've switched to Ylang Ylang. Ylang Ylang is MUCH more high effective ON ME and I can use it in the daytime. The difference between the 2 and probably why it works so much better for me is because Ylang Ylang is more concentrated. The Lotus oil is more moisturizing which may also be why Decleor is better for more oily skins. Generally Lotus is more targed at dry/slightly oily skins so if you have VERY oily skin, go with Decleor. I have also heard the moisturizing face oils in the Clarins lines are high effective, and I've done some spot usage with the Blue Orchid and it IS effective, my flaky skin subsided pretty quickly. I assume Clarins oils are more targeted at dehydrated skintypes that's why Ylang Ylang has much better raves.

I also find that the Clarins oil colour is MUCH lighter than Decleor's and it gets lighter and lighter the longer it sits for (the bottle is very tight, prevents evaporation/contamination). I don't know if this is my imagination but my bottle only has a VERY LIGHT yellow colour now. I'm not sure if this is the case w/Decleor as I have just purchased my bottle. I'm also unsure whether this influences its effectiveness.

Overall Clarins is not a bad brand in my perception, I'm not sure why some people hate it. The choice of oils very much depends on your skin type, and price-wise Clarins is MUCH cheaper ($53CDN for 40mL).
My mother also uses Clarins but selectively, as she has SUPER sensitive skin and SOME products she reacts to. We've concluded the ones she reacts to are the ones with the MOST active ingredients so if you have sensitive skin ask for samples first.

Personally I won't go back to the Clarins oil because Decleor works much better on me FOR NOW.

The only Clarins products I'll stick with are the Bright-Plus line and the combo toner (w/iris) and the purifying cleansing gel (which I plan to discontinue to try other products but generally I like this cleanser a lot). [/url]
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
I remember back in high school, my best friend wouldn't shell out for the Lotus Oil and would go ask for a sample whenever she ran out.

She had a *very* oily face and it was the only thing that helped her. I look back and find it funny that I found it so strange that she had success putting oil on oily skin.... here I am doing the same thing a decade later Laughing

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |