Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SkinCeuticals C+E
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
angela
5% products discount

Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi girls

Have anyone tried SkinCeuticals 15% C+E? I just got my bottle today and tried it for the first time, it is quite a sticky consistence and my face becomes sticy once applied. Just wondering if it is normal. Also, if anyone tried the SkinCeuticals 15% Vit-C serum, please let me know the consistence, i,e sticky or not? Since if the 15% VitC serum is less stickier than the C+E, I know what should I order next time. Thanks for your help !!
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Angela

I have used Cellex-C's Vit C, Skinceuticals' Vit C 10 and C+E.

The serums (without the E component) is very light yellow and aqeous in consistency, almost like water, just a tad denser. The serums usually darken over time, but according to the literature, should still be effective.

As for the Vit C+E, you're right - it is quite thick, almost gel-like. The darkening is slower. The consistency you described is normal.

The Vit C serums (alone) are more suitable for normal/combo or oil skin cos it is more drying. My skin is quite dry and I find the Vit C+E more suitable for me as it is more moisturing. So, in a way, it is more effective for me, as the fine lines are less pronounced with the double whammy of C+E, Now that you reminded me, if you have dry skin, then, the Vit C+E spreads easier, whereas the Serum alone sinks in really quick. I think Aloha Girl had some difficulty ensuring the few drops covers her whole face.

So, if you do not have dry skin, then you may find the C+E sticky.

HTH:D
Cheers
Jenny
angela
5% products discount

Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much !!! Jenny, you cleared up my doubt.

I have combination skin and tend to be oily than dry , so, the C+E is quite sticky for me, and I found that the C+E is very smelly, is that normal??? May be I should just 15% Vit C alone? Do you find the C+E is helpful?

Do you use C+E at nite also?? I tried Cellex 10% but it says only used once a day, but the SkinCeuticals says used C+E and Hydra 5b twice a day??? Am I remembering it right?
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Angela
The C+E doesn't smell great, but I am not too bothered by it. I have found Vit C in general very useful in that they definitely clarify and brighten the face. As for wrinkles, I think it would be more preventive. I have found C+E more suited for me cos of my dry skin. However, if you have combo skin, then C alone should be better.

You should use Vit C in your AM regime only. Use the night to renew and exfoliate your skin, like Skinceuticals' RENEW overnight. It should enhance the effectiveness of your Vit C. Check out their websitewww.skinceuticals.com for instructions and product information. I believe it is only used ONCE a day, although some people do use it 2x with no side effects. Some people use Vit C in the night, but it is recommended for day as it contains anti-oxidant which should be effective against the day's sun and grime.

I strongly recommend you include the chemical exfoliation component that both Skinceuticals and Cellex C recommend cos they work together well.

BTW, if you find Skinceuticals' Serums not pleasant to the nose, you may want to check with Mabsy. She uses Vivier - I don't think she has complaints about its smell.

Cheers
Jenny;)
angela
5% products discount

Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jenny,

Yes, you are right, the C+E should only be used once a day and preferably at day time. I didnt remember it right. I am glad that I did ask you to confirm. You know what? Before I got your reply, I did apply C+E the other nite and the next day, my face got so red and irritated, therefore, once a day should be enough. Well, I sure have learnt my lesson.

From my parcel, I got Phyto + as well, have you tried that before? I wonder if Phyto should be used at nite together with the Hydra 5B?? Do you know?

Thanks again for your response.

Angela
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Angela
Yes, I have used Phyto+ before and it is quite effective in lightening.

I checked the instructions that was enclosed together with my Phyto+

AM REgime
1) Cleanse and Tone
2) Serum
3) Hydra B5
4) Phyto+
5) Moisturize
6) Sun Protect

PM Regime
1) Cleanse and Tone
2) Exfoliate eg Renew Overnight
3) Hydra B5
4) Phyto +
5) Moisturize

As for being red and irritated, monitor once you switch to once a day. Should the irritation persists, then likely the serum is too strong for you. You may like to lay off for a while and then resume. If that fails too, then you probably need to switch to a lower strength Vit C. I started off on a Vit C strength that was too strong and red bumps appeared. I ended switching to Cellex C Serum for Sensitive skin which was OK. I have now progressed to Skinceuticals' Vit C+E (I think the strength here is 15)

Cheers
Jenny
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there! I'm new on this board, & am positively thrilled there's a skincare board out there with other skin-savvy posters. Smile

I was actually going to post the same message Angela did, but she beat me to it! My new SkinCeuticals C+E just arrived, & this morning is the second morning I've used it. At night, I use Retin-A Micro .1% - about every other night or so. What I just adore about this SkinCeuticals C+E product is that I'm not a pale-face when I use it. For example, I'm taking a vacation from Mystic spray-on tans & Neutrogena mousse self-tanning to put myself through some intensive skin therapy, because I had been taking a few months off of anything more than just SPF 45 & creams & Vaseline on my eyes at night. But this lovely SkinCeuticals used in conjunction with the Retin-A Micro makes me appear to have a tan, since I apply it from the breasts up.

Now I'll just put self-tanner everywhere else to even out everything. Has anyone else done this? lol I do hate being pale.
Mabsy

Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Hey SugarFreeSheila Smile

So the SkinCeuticals C+E actually makes you look less pale? Wow! I haven't actually tried it before (I have tried just the Skinceuticals C serum) but not the combo one. Is there any particular reason that anybody knows of that would actually make you look more tanned with the use of this serum? I'm intrigued (and pale too - so I wouldn't mind trying it! Smile).

Mabsy.
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

I may be way off here, but it's possible the low ph and/or acid content of Vitamin C serum is causing increased blood flow to the face. This "flushed" appearance could possibly be construed as a tan.

Mabsy

Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Hey Alohagirl,

That's a good point, I never thought of it that way. I was curious though because I use a 20% vit C serum and I don't seem to look more tanned. Perhaps it has different effects on different skin types, etc. Go figure!

Mabsy
angela
5% products discount

Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:53 am      Reply with quote
[quote]Originally posted by jenny
Hi Angela
Yes, I have used Phyto+ before and it is quite effective in lightening.

I checked the instructions that was enclosed together with my Phyto+

AM REgime
1) Cleanse and Tone
2) Serum
3) Hydra B5
4) Phyto+
5) Moisturize
6) Sun Protect

PM Regime
1) Cleanse and Tone
2) Exfoliate eg Renew Overnight
3) Hydra B5
4) Phyto +
5) Moisturize

As for being red and irritated, monitor once you switch to once a day. Should the irritation persists, then likely the serum is too strong for you. You may like to lay off for a while and then resume. If that fails too, then you probably need to switch to a lower strength Vit C. I started off on a Vit C strength that was too strong and red bumps appeared. I ended switching to Cellex C Serum for Sensitive skin which was OK. I have now progressed to Skinceuticals' Vit C+E (I think the strength here is 15)

Cheers
Jenny [/quote

Thank you so much for Jenny's detailed response. I am following your instruction on the usage and no more irritation occured. Thank you !!
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Sorry it took so long to get back to you!

It's the weirdest thing. I remember when I used GlyDerm's glycolic acid, the same thing happened - but it made my skin look pinkish rather than just a glowing, almost darker shade. Somehow, some way, with this SkinCeuticals C+E, my skin looks both dewy & as if I had a tan. It's not red, it's not pink or even rosy. Maybe the Retin-A Micro I use at night helps this occur. I'm just glad that there is no pinkness - that's what I hated about glycolic.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |