Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Congested skin + tons of pimples + never happened before
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
prs
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'm losing my mind Shock . Suddenly, I've a ton of congested pores, huge pimples and a very active sebum production Crying or Very sad .

I've changed quite a lot in my routine in the past weeks (as I quit smoking, increased my tofu and fish intake and have been eating lots of pineapple--cuz I crave it). Stopped using my glycolic night product and switched to OCM. Because I can't stand what my skin looks like I'm reverting back to what I used to do (and had lovely skin while doing it) but the problem of flipped out skin remains.

Learned a lot about *heating* the body from the hormonal acne post/replies but am looking for SOS treatments or suggestions. Pleeeeease!!!!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
We have the same problems only I went off the pill last year. I was using Serious Skin Care at the time and it stopped working right after I went off the pill. I was stuck scrambling looking for a new line. I've tried quite a few products over the past couple of months, Roc PURIF-AC, Murad, Juice Beauty, and PSF. I still broke out like crazy. I went back to my old line Serious Skin Care for the last couple of days and my skin is getting better. I've been using the Continuously Clear Daily Ritual Cleanser, Continuously Clear Moisturizer and the Dry Lo (spot treatment).

You can get Serious Skin Care products at: www.seriousskincare.com www.hsn.com (US) www.tsc.ca (Canada)
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I just went off the pill too and my skin has been going nuts. Here are some things that have been helping me get my face under control: Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel, Aspirin Mask, Yon-ka Emulsion Pure, Dr. Hauschka toner and cleansing cream, chidoriya brown sugar face soap, and PSF O2 serum. HTH!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Yen and Manslayerliz,

thanks for the suggestions Wink . Have you changed your diets to support skin health? Just curious.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes, I absolutely have formulated my diet to promote skin health. First of all, I take 8 bajillion supplements: C, B, E, Biotin, Folate, Iron, Multi, probiotics, mushroom complex, brewer's yeast, etc etc. Next, I don't eat any meat, and I drink a lot of omega-3 enriched soymilk, green tea, and herb tea. And of course, lots of organic fruits and veggies. My skin may not be in the best shape, but if I don't eat and drink that stuff it's MUCH worse! I definitely think a good diet with lots of green tea will help your skin, but it has to go with good skincare too. Why do a quick 10 ampule course of Dr. H's rythmic night conditioner to balance out whatever has irritated your skin, and then try treating your skin with a few very basic products, like Dr. H? (Dr. H's toner is sooooo good for break outs) I hope you feel better...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
When I started OCM, I also quit using the Glycolic acid I had been using because I just figured I didn't need it. Well, that was an 'oops'. I think the OCM just helps pull debris etc out and help to remove makeup etc. It doesn't do anything (in my experience) like what a good AHA would do. So, in my opinion OCM is awesome but can't Replace something like a glycolic. I wish I had figured that out sooner.

I'm finally getting my skin under control after coming off the pill/depo as well. I use Burts Bees Orange Essence cleanser in place of OCM (it works the same way, I just prefer it), at night, in the mornings I wash with a SA cleanser. I just started using Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel weekly(and love it), and I use 'Pimple Eraser' each time I wash (glycolic acid, alcohol and H20 I believe) as a toner. My moisturizer varies.

The supplements I take are a daily women's multi with EFA, evening primrose oil to help regulate my hormones (and clear up my KP, and for EFA benefits), and Zinc.

Unfortunately it is a lot of trial and error, you have to see what works for you and try not to freak out your skin buy trying too many new products all the time, which is what I did initially. Embarassed

Any acne I had (cystic or otherwise) has finally cleared up, but I do still have a few clogged pores. In my experience coming off the hormones was an excellent decision, I just didn't realize how hard it was going to be on my skin!

Also, good luck! Hang in there, you'll figure it out. And we'll help (or try to)!
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Your body is just detoxing! Once it cleans itself out, things will be much better than ever before.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've been taking Genuine Health Daily Detox, Multi-vitamin and Flax Seed Oil. I try my best to stay away from sugary foods (candies, pop, etc). The Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel is really good for fading acne scars and improving your skin texture. Serious Skin Care is still the only line that works for my acne. I'm so happy that it's working for me again.
prs
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for these tips ladies--especially the ones re: glycolic acid. Yep, it was a total no-no for my face to get off that. For the moment, I've gone back to a simpler routine.

Caudalie combo skin foaming cleanser
Astara Antioxidant infusion
Reviva Gycolic night creme

Reading a few other posts on this forum made me realize that my skin is sensitive to non-physical sunblocks (and I've tried several new ones in the past few feeks). So now I will look into a simple physical sunblock with zinc.

Thanks again, all!!
erinR
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I agree that when yoiur body calms down, so will your face. As for products, I hate to sound like a broken record but Dr. H will get your skin back on track (it did for me at least).
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
oh no im planning to go off bcp this month (cause its killing my sexdrive) does everyone brek out after going off it??? it didnt really help my complexion that much when i was on it anyway...
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:
oh no im planning to go off bcp this month (cause its killing my sexdrive) does everyone brek out after going off it??? it didnt really help my complexion that much when i was on it anyway...

I broke out like crazy on my chin and my period became very irregular. It took me like 6 months to have a regular period.
pele
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:

I never did.....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Still breaking out on the chin on week 8 of quitting the pill. Thanks to my Clarisonic the severity and length of those blasted cysts have lessened. In the meantime i'm taking fish oil, primrose oil, daily detox pills and praying a lot. Also ordered Renee Rouleau's Anti-Cyst Treatment.
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Smqueen-I did too. I think it is pretty common, but no, not everyone does. I think it might be partly about the person and then partly how long they were taking bc and what type.
For me it was just so odd because I Never had anything close to cystic/hormonal acne before, Ever. Not before bcp, and not during it. Then a few weeks after I quit my skin decided to go through a kind of rollercoaster. I think it is totally worth it to get off bcps, in my case, but it can be difficult on your skin. It is great for everything else though! (No more mood swings, depression, fatigue, random water retention, my hair is getting back to normal, etc etc in my case.)
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Olyn your situation is the exact same as mine! I guess we'll see each other often on this board about hormonal/cystic acne on the chin. Laughing Do keep me updated with your progress!!
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
yay im happy to get off them this is my last week.. just not looking forward to the body adjusting.... so scary.. my skin is getting under control now with my new eds order!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Still breaking out on the chin on week 8 of quitting the pill. Thanks to my Clarisonic the severity and length of those blasted cysts have lessened. In the meantime i'm taking fish oil, primrose oil, daily detox pills and praying a lot. Also ordered Renee Rouleau's Anti-Cyst Treatment.

How are you doing with those detox pills? I find that they're working more for my weight than my skin. *sighs* My skin is getting better now that I went back to Serious Skin Care. My co-worker actually said that I looked better. BTW, I've been praying too (I thought I was the only one doing that). My period is at least coming every month but not always around the same time. *sighs*
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hehe hi Yen! Very Happy Um, the only noticeable results i've been getting from the daily detox pills is increase in energy....which is always something I welcome since I could always need the extra boost of energy...but like you, not much benefit to the skin. I will keep taking them though coz of the great ingredients. Maybe more good things will come when we keep on taking them longer term. They're expensive though Mad . Another $30 on top of my bills every month. Oh well.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Hehe hi Yen! Very Happy Um, the only noticeable results i've been getting from the daily detox pills is increase in energy....which is always something I welcome since I could always need the extra boost of energy...but like you, not much benefit to the skin. I will keep taking them though coz of the great ingredients. Maybe more good things will come when we keep on taking them longer term. They're expensive though Mad . Another $30 on top of my bills every month. Oh well.

Yeah, those detox pills aren't cheap. I wish they would come in a larger bottle then we can save some money. They have larger bottles of their other supplements. *sighs*
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
My face had been looking great lately. I used a clay mask and decided to whip out the 100x mirror and see what my skin looked like really up-close and personal.

Gah! Lots of tiny bumps... large pores.... I went nuts and started squeezing. Now, I have red marks and LARGE bumps all over my face.

I have to wonder... maybe a calm face is a healthy face and zero clogged pores or tiny bumps is only something one can get after a run-in with Photoshop. Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Dollbird, Hi, OT but what detox pills are you taking? What are the ingrediants? and what are they supposed to do for you? Last where did you purchase them? TIA.
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ohhhh, so that explains my recent horrible breakout. I thought it was my sunscreen. Been off the pill 2 months now. I just had a case of the crazies last week, scrambling to find a quick fix. Pimple Eraser didn't work... Crying or Very sad But Persagel 10 is phenomenol! I never cleared up so fast! My skin is looking great again in a very short period of time. Now, my routine for clear skin is Yonka gel cleanser with the clarisonic, followed by rinsing, then an alba enzyme peel for 30 seconds, followed by rinsing, then a moisturizing serum and Persagel on all acne prone areas. BTW, I do not have oily skin and it is very sensitive.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
nomoreneckpain wrote:
Dollbird, Hi, OT but what detox pills are you taking? What are the ingrediants? and what are they supposed to do for you? Last where did you purchase them? TIA.

They're the Genuine Health Daily Detox Pills.

http://www.genuinehealth.com/english/pbn/index.php?id=41&section=191

Ingredients:

http://www.genuinehealth.com/english/pbn/index.php?id=41&section=193

You can get them at health food stores & Shoppers Drug Mart if you're in Canada.
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:

They're the Genuine Health Daily Detox Pills.
You can get them at health food stores & Shoppers Drug Mart if you're in Canada.

Hi Yen-
Do these detox pills work good, and about how much do they cost?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |