Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Recomended Hair Masks for Fine hair?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:49 am      Reply with quote
I have fine hair, that tends to be oily at the roots and dry at the ends.
Any hair treatments recomended?
Am looking for both homemade and bought solutions Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:04 am      Reply with quote
I have baby fine hair and purchased a Goldwell Avocado hair mask a while ago. It worked like a charm, and I loved it. It came in a black tub and lasted me ages, and was based very much on avocado oil. It didn't weigh my hair down at all and made it shiny and soft (although it is always soft being baby fine), but was smooth and looked soft rather than frizzy (if that makes sense). I'm sorry that I haven't found it since - I loved that stuff and used it every second day in place of my conditioner since I only needed a tiny amunt to do my thin mane!
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I too have fine hair that tends to get oily at the root and dry at the ends. Plus I also have psoriasis on my scalp which makes it very dry and itchy and super sensitive. I like to give myself a good mask treatment at least once a month. I apply it to my hair and leave it on for at least half a day but if you can manage to leave it on overnight (just lay a towel on the pillow to save your sheets) you'll have even better results. Another good tip is to put a shower cap on after applying and take a shower, sauna or steam. This will really help the mask get absorbed into the roots and scalp. My DIY mask includes: coconut oil (unfractionated), jojoba oil, hazelnut oil, avocado oil, and a few drops of rosemary, tea tree, lavender, roman chamomile, and cedarwood essential oils. For added conditioning add a dollop of shea butter as well. For a tropical kind of smell add some cocoa butter and some ylang ylang and lemon oil. Another fantastic oil to incorporate is Neem Oil but I do not yet have this oil in my collection Sad
Dawndee2
5% products discount

Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Wildflower, How much of each ingredient do you use?
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Aubrey GPB conditioner left on as a mask! Very Happy

I also love Terax Crema and Frederic Fekkai's Protein RX hair mask.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Wildflower thanks for the recipe, I think I have most of what you mentioned at hand Very Happy
Would the Burt's Bees Avocado Pre Shampoo Treatment be suitabe for my hair type?

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |