Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay (bentonite clay)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Does someone have ingredient listing on this? Smile Anyone used it? Smile

http://healthequip-store.stores.yahoo.net/azsecl.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I have used it. I don't remember the ingredients, but I think it is pure clay - nothing else added. I wouldn't have bought it if it contained anything else.

You can use it as a general mask or for specific skin conditions.

I always use it when I develop some millia due to over rich skin creams and (for me) it's the only thing that gets rid of them. I remember I had some around my eye area that I just could not get rid of, and then I remembered the Aztec Healing Clay and after using it a couple of days my whole eye area cleared up. I found it best to mix the clay with apple cider vinegar rather than water. I felt I got a better consistency.

I liked this product very much.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I used this a long time ago. It is an effective mask and at a bargain price!
I only caution that you use it carefully. The first couple of times I left it on too long and maybe hadn't mixed in enough water. My face got so red and rash-like that I had some scabbing where it actually burned my skin. With that said, I was not so zealous in my next attempts and I really did like it for cleansing & firming.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote

I love it! Smile I found it at our Health Food's store Smile I think I will use this and the JB Green Apple peel at separate days Smile I love masks!

(I especially loved the "pulsating" feeling as the mask tightened)

Scientific research has shown that bentonite’s absorptive action is due to five characteristics. First, it has a large and varied mineral content. Second, it has a negative electrical attraction for positively-charged particles. Third, its particles (being shaped like calling cards), have the wide surfaces negative-polarized and the edges positive-polarized, which give it an incredible negative pulling power. Fourth, the very minuteness of the particles of bentonite gives a large surface area in proportion to the volume used, thus enabling it to pick up many times its own weight in positively-charged particles. Fifth, to obtain maximum effectiveness in the human body, it must be put in a liquid colloidal-gel state.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Do you think this would be effective in getting rid of clogged pores on my chin and around nasiolabal folds? I've just had a recent spate of these hard little bumps that give up white swirlies when squeezed.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Joziegrozy, you just reminded me that I have a jar of this stuff in my bathroom that I haven't touched in ages! Laughing I don't know why I haven't because it really is wonderful stuff (I love the "pulsating" feeling, too!). You've inspired me to drag it out of the cabinet and start using it again!

Mary Smile
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Mary, yay! I love that it's so cheap too Smile I think that this 1 lb jar will last me a loooong time!

prs, yes I think this can help you unclog your pores. MUA had good reviews for it too. I had this stubborn white head (really shallow) near my mouth, that just fell off with the mask. They recommend to use Apple Cider Vinegar though Smile I used 1 Tablespoon of the clay and 1 tablespoon of ACV, it fizzeld then when it settled down, I applied the paste to my face for 20min (waited for it to dry). One MUA review even claims it removed her millia.

Now, which is the next morning, my skin feels soo smooth and clean Smile. I think ACV helps too Smile

This is my 3rd wow find coz it's effective and cheap! (Therefore will be a staple!)
1) ACV
2) Vitamin C
3) bentonite clay!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I love this stuff! I'm pretty sure it's just clay, too. I only buy natural products so you have my word that nothing artifical is in it. Smile
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I went out and bought this at my local vitiamn store. I am addicted to it, seems like it draws everything out of my skin, but do you think maybe that is why my face is breaking out all of a sudden? I always have one or two, but I am thinking I am drawing impurities to the surface of my skin by using this everyday. Although I want my skin to feel great, don't like these big huge "squeezable, have to squeeze lumps)
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the mask everyday and did not break out, but everyone is different. Perhaps you should just stop the mask for a couple of days and see what happens. If the break outs stop then perhaps it was the mask. But, if you want to know for sure try using the mask again after a little while and then see what happens.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
It's possible Smile I had 2 very very shallow whiteheads that surfaced. (But it can also be coz I used the JBG Apple peel the day before Smile

After that I did not get minor/major zits anymore. I even used the mask 2x yesterday. (2nd time I just used it over my nose)

I used it over my chest area too and it got red after (sensitive I guess). But afterwards I saw how clean and empty my pores were there! It really draws it out! I love this stuff!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, just wanted to get a discussion going on about this product again.

I recently saw a review on this and thought it was quite interesting. I'm currently using Mint Julep mask by queen helene, which does contain bentonite. However, this thing is PURE bentonite, so I'm wondering how good it is exactly. Also, what benefits do ACV have on the skin?
Aryanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I have this for a while now. Used it few times and as its just bentonite clay with nothing added its good for cleaning out pores and tightening. But, I felt my skin get dry after I rinse off my face so i started adding some yogurt to it Smile

Even I would like some one to tell me about ACV benefit in it? I don't very much like the smell of it Sad but if it really does something for skin..why not!!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:50 am      Reply with quote
How does it compare to Queen Helen's Mint Julep masque?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |