Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What do you guys think is the best antioxidant serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I've read that juice beauty is pretty good - but I don't want one with DMAE in it...

I've read Claudilie is good, but pretty pricey (will try and get a sample first Wink

Any other opinions? My face cream has no antioxidants in it, so I thought I should be using a serum underneath.

Skin can be on the reactive/sensitive side.

THANKS!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Tried Juice Beuaty but it gave my face little bumps. I now use it just on my neck and chest, no results after 8-10 weeks that I can tell.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure if it's the same thing you got, but I always get really freaked out when I get these tiny bumps that are itchy. not so red becaue they are so small but really disgusting to look at from a certain angle.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I really don't like the Caudalie serum. Heavily scented and very sticky. It irritates my skin.

I have heard very good things about The Organic Pharmacy serum. Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel is like a serum. I love this product.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Newbie-that's the ones. I get that reaction from products my skin does not agree with.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I love Astara anti-oxidant infusion. It's a super light gel that looks like a transluscent cream and sinks right into the skin. It's not cheap--I think $75.00 a jar for 1.7 ounces but it works for my very sensitive skin.

One uses just a tiny bit and the infusion is useful for on spot applications for problems, to speed healing, on my eyelids when they look very dry and in need of a boost.

The only thing that makes me mad is that about five years ago, the company, Astara, offered a larger jar for the same price. No longer.

Hurrrumph.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Prevage.
carol1712
5% products discount

Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
my favourite is either Skinceuticals CE Ferulic or Henry Tianus Antioxidant Youthful Essence. Both are excellent! I feel my skin is firmer after i used it for few weeks!
skinlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely Skinceuticals CE Ferulic
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
isc super serum all the way.... the best product ever.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
I had great results with Henry Tianus antioxidant serum. Too bad it is an almost unknown brand on this forum.

For something mainstream I think SC CE Ferulic was great. Though now just using the 20%.
HappyStar
5% products discount

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
I use True Youth Revealing Complex. The antioxidant component Idebenone is recently found working the best to fight againt free radicals which are said to cause skin and tissue damage in oxident process Razz
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love Replenix Green Tea and caffeine serum its great!!!!!!!! MY skin is the best its ever been. It's a brown serum because of the high content of green tea.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Idebenone is the main ingredient in Prevage as well at a 0,5% concentration.
HappyStar
5% products discount

Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, apparently. I'm running low on my True Youth Revealing Comples, so the Prevage might be the next to try Smile .
linda carter
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
I had great results with Henry Tianus antioxidant serum. Too bad it is an almost unknown brand on this forum.

For something mainstream I think SC CE Ferulic was great. Though now just using the 20%.

Me too! I feel my skin is firmer and more radiant also light pigmentation seems to be gone after using henry tianus antioxidant youthful essence regularly. highly recommend this serum!
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
IS CLINICALS SUPER SERUM.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Rahsirosey-that's next on my list!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Skinceuticals C plus E with Ferulic acid, hths.
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
holy smokes. i'm going to have to do research on all these products now!

I never got an email telling me there were responses to my post - so when i came to check it out, suddenly there are 18 responses! Smile

Is Prevage meant for older skin mainly?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my Skinceuticals CE Ferulic and so far I really like it. It doesn't make me look shiny like the PSF C serum does.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Skincueticals CE Feurlic and Serious Skin Care CoQ10 Around the Clock Treatment. I like what they both do individually, but when I layer them, my skin just looks fabulous: smooth, glowing, awake (for lack of a better word).

Lori

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I love Caudelie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum and when I layer it with Silkia camellia oil, my skin, to borrow Lori's words, "looks fabulous: smooth, glowing, awake". Very Happy
HappyStar
5% products discount

Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, Cautious newbie,

I think so. I myself is 31 years old with combination skin. It mainly protects skin from free radicals. You can read more about ibedenone on internet Wink
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
mom2tommax wrote:
I use the Skincueticals CE Feurlic and Serious Skin Care CoQ10 Around the Clock Treatment. I like what they both do individually, but when I layer them, my skin just looks fabulous: smooth, glowing, awake (for lack of a better word).

Lori

I also have seen the best results for me so far with the SSC CoQ10 serum. Now I am pretty cheap and haven't broken down and purchased any of the products mentioned most on this forum.
But I do have Glycolic Acid/ microdermibrasion peels every month and the CoQ10 seemed to either really add to the affects or is actually better.

I should also mention I mix this serum with SSC Rulinea Serum, their Strivectin knock off. This combo has done more for my skin than anything else I have tried.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |